Reaction score
In-game Username:
KappaHD (Previously JOLTEON42)

Staff References (not required):
N/A

Prior Blocktopia/EscRestart Staffing Experience:
CTNT Operator/Trusted, A&T Operator, DoD Operator

How would you describe the responsibilities and obligations of a moderator:
A Moderator is somebody who ensures that everybody is having fun on the server by helping new players and answering questions, creating a positive atmosphere and being friendly, dealing with rule breakers and being a mature and trustworthy person in general. Regular members have to feel comfortable with PMing you for help. The most important thing in my opinion is that you need to be unbiased towards your friends and know how harsh to punish rule breakers.

Assume there are more applicants, for what reason would we choose you over them:
Previous experience on DoD. I am used to the SMP atmosphere and wouldn't have to learn a lot of commands. This also means that I know a lot of other staff members and wouldn't struggle to fit in. I've been apart of this community for almost 4 years now so I feel like I know everyone quite well. I'm in the timezone GMT +2 and I'm on the computer from anywhere from 2 PM to 10 PM every weekday and even longer on the weekend. I feel like I am mature for my age as well and I know how to deal with most situations as well.

How would you deal with a situation you have no experience with:
This time around I actually have more experience in answering this question as I did run into a such a situation while staffing for DoD. First of all, I would see if there was a Controller/Director online, if there was I'd send him/her a PM if there isn't, I'd send a message in staff chat, asking all my fellow staff members for their opinion. If nobody knows what to do I'd check IRC to see if any higher ranked staff members were on and finally if none of those work, I'd PM a Director/Controller on Steam/the forums.

How would you deal with another staff member abusing their powers:
I wouldn't approach him/her directly instead I would record/take screenshots of the incident while trying to get hold of a higher staff member via Steam/Teamspeak. If there's no higher ranked staff member on I would gather sufficient evidence and wait, if things get very out of hand I'd intervene. Otherwise I would leave the higher ranked staff member to do his job.

What do you consider your greatest weakness:
My greatest weakness is that I cannot staff a server unless I have fun on it and that I sometimes lose interest in things very quickly. But this server is looking like the server that I've been waiting for for quite a while so I doubt I would lose interest quickly. Another one of my weaknesses is that I find it hard to concentrate on 1 thing sometimes.

Anything else you would like tell us about yourself:
I'm Jolt, a 15 year old South African. I'm in Grade 10 and enjoy most nerdy things. Reading, video games, chess, etc. I am aiming to become a programmer in the future and most of my subjects in school are computer related.

Reactions: Mia, Naoh and Notme

JtTorso

Reaction score
Hello Jolteon,

After reviewing your application we have come to the conclusion to deny it, while you have experience with staffing, we felt that seeing you on the server would give us a better feel for you as an individual. We're also concerned with your dedication as we're looking for people who plan on keeping involved for a long period of time. Please feel free to reapply again in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.