Status
Not open for further replies.

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
In-game username: Haysagar

Staff References (not required):

Prior Blocktopia (EscapeRestart) Staffing Experience:
Please refer to the section on what sets me apart from other applicants. There I go over my past experiences as staff on other servers.

How would you describe the responsibilities and obligations of a moderator:
The responsibilities of a moderator are quite simple, to protect and strengthen our community here on Kami's Realm. As a moderator my main job is to make sure players get along and feel at home here on the server. In addition to this I also sort out any problems that may arise on the server. This may come in the form of a troll or a dispute between two of our players. You have my word that as a moderator I will resolve these problems quickly and efficiently. Another not as well known job that I have found out with my prior staffing experience is that in addition to the jobs listed above I must also have a good time my self. Being part of this community is just as important as governing it. I have seen to many staff members loose touch with the player base, specifically in my SMP carrier and I feel like these staff members lost the point of staffing and this honor became a job to them. This is what I like about SMP staff, everyone here loves their “job” and they have fun doing what they love, and I would be honored to partake in this family and help make the server a better place for all.

Assume there are more applicants, for what reason would we choose you over them:
I feel like my long community ties and staffing experience speaks for its self. I started playing on Blocktopia Servers around the 2'nd SMP sever, and quickly but surly I caught the eyes of staff there and became an operator on that server. After staffing through multiple server iterations I stumbled upon the new AoD server and under Iguana's (An Ex Server director for two servers and currently Server Admin on TS) tutelage I rose trough the ranks and became the server's controller. In this position I governed all lesser staff and learns the intricacies behind what makes a good server tic. It was soon that real life issues took over and I had to take a leave of absence from the community and I resigned. Lucky this dark time in my life passed and I was once again able to help out on Blocktopia's servers. I quickly (This time under Baker's direction) able to become a controller on AoD again. This time with incurred responsibilities with map control. I hope my past experience with staffing servers sets me apart from others who are doing the same.

How would you deal with a situation you have no experience with:
With my years of experience on the servers I have seen quite a bit of weird and offensive material over my time as staff from inappropriate skins to some players who were using religion to masquerade offensive gestures. I am confidant when I say I know how to act under most situations. However if the situation did appear where I did not know what to do I would first pull from my experience as a staff member to quickly solve the situation, but if it was something more serious I would contact the server director or those above me.

How would you deal with another staff member abusing their powers:
I would approach the staff member privately immediately and discuss with the staff member about his/her actions. Discussing with them that their actions were abusing their powers. I would then give them the opportunity to confuse to higher staff about the incident.

What do you consider your greatest weakness:
I understand that in the past I have been somewhat “To friendly” To those I consider my friends. But this is only on the Teamspeak and will not, and has never interfered with my ability to staff and help out players on a server. I separate these two aspects of my social life in the community and I understand how I should act in public when staffing the server and on Teamspeak to those who I am not on a first name basis with.

Anything else you would like tell us about yourself:
There isn't much more to say. I appreciate you reading my application and have a wonderful day.

Sincerely,
Haysagar

Status
Not open for further replies.