Declined [Declined] Bhyldir's Architect Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhyldir

Reaction score
Account Name: Bhyldir

References (Adv+): Plive, Sircomputer, Swift_Siren,froyd

Screenshots of builds (minimum of one large-scale project)

What are your future plans for projects? I want to build a very big cathederal

Additional/final notes: None.

Last edited:

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Bhyl,
All of your builds show a great level of detail and depth, and the time that you manage to build your structures in is impressive. You always put a large amount of effort into each of your structures which always pays off in the long run. You're even able to build large builds without giving up, which many would do. I think you'd be perfect for the rank. +1?

Reactions: Bhyldir

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
After forgetting the high standard of Architect, I am rewriting my response.

You show you are very capable of building structures and terrain, with a lot of detail, depth and all that sort of good stuff! However, I don't think separate terrain and building builds will work. We need it all together! I could tell in game you really wanted Architect, but take your time. Look at other Architect applications. What do their builds have that you don't? Anyway, it's content we're after. Unique content, not stuff that's all the same, simply copied around to give the illusion of content. We want custom trees, buildings & structures, everything. This is Architect. This is no Adv. This is a much larger scale. Give it everything you've got, and hopefully you can improve your builds massively.

Unfortunately, I've changed my vote to a -1 for now, but you've got the skill to get a +1 I believe. Now show us it.

Last edited:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Hi. So I've reviewed your two submissions on the server along with looking at your previous builds. I'll give you details on how I see them.

The large build that looks like a temple with towers surrounding it is nice, but there are certain details that could be changed.
  • The inside of the temple itself is just filled with columns and nothing really to set it apart and make it a special type of build.
  • The floor of the temple could use a bit more work along the edges, especially where the quartz floor meets the grass area. It just seems like an abrupt transition between a nice building and flatland.
  • The second floor of the temple is pretty much the same as the first floor, except that it's covered with stonebrick with no lighting at all.
  • One of the noticeable things that I see with this overall build is that it looks like WorldEdit was used a lot. I see //stack, //copy, //paste, //mirror and then replacing a percentage of blocks with other blocks. Doing that is nice and all, but it gives off a sense that it's pretty much a "quick build".

Moving on to the second plot, which is all terrain.
This is a great looking plot to show off how terrain can be created differently instead of the usual mountain-types that I've seen. But one problem is that there's nothing else on it (besides a few random houses and one tree). I understand that this may be how you want it to look like, but you're submitting this for an Architect rank. I would expect to see tons of /custom/ trees and a few houses or different builds that look like they belong on this type of terrain.
When I saw your progress on this terrain, I was hoping that you would create a large-scale build with a village just like you have shown in your previous AdvBuilder app.

Overall, I think that you just rushed the application. I'm certain that you can create more builds, which is what I'm expecting to be honest, but right now, I don't think that what you have submitted and shown from previous work really comes out as Architect level on the server. I suggest that you ask for another AdvPlot and that you look at what the other Architects have created. Good luck!

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Psycho on this one. Although your builds are indeed impressive, I feel like your terrain builds and your architecture are very much at odds to one another - I want to see seamless large-scale projects, and your extremely sparse plans for the future do not give me hope that you will continue to push yourself creatively. In addition, there is little variation in each build - it very much seems to me as if you copied and pasted repeatedly to try and win us over with a sense of scale, and hoping we did not catch the lack of inner detail.

I'm going to decline this application for the reasons put forward most eloquently by Psycho and will ask you to reapply with another large-scale build when you feel you are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.