[Deathrun] Belt

Olix

Reaction score
Name of map: DR_Belt

Intended Gamemode: Deathrun

Creator: Olix27

Size: Self contained by barriers (playable area is 230x44).

Biome: mushroomisland

Timers
There's twelve timers, triggering at these tentative times based on my timed runs through the map (listed bottom to top). I'm not sure how fast the lava will move at cheetah speed so these should be tested.
1) 0:00
2) 0:20
3) 0:30
4) 0:40
5) 0:50
6) 1:00
7) 1:20
8) 1:40
9) 2:00
10) 2:20
11) 2:30
12) 2:40
Map End: 3:30

Extras:
SPEED: CHEETAH
MOOD: CALM
TIME: NIGHT
To minimize the lag from speedy lava, there's barriers in place so the lava flows as little as possible to still cover all the jumps. All lava should be contained by the barriers I already put down! Images of barriers as bedrock are in the screenshot album above.

The goal is to climb from the spawn rock to the victory UFO. This is a difficult map with lots of hard jumps (including several 4x0's and 3x1's), but usually there's an alternative jump that take a different approach so players can experiment to see which way is easiest/fastest.

All of the floating magma blocks are just for a e s t h e t i c s.

On Create: /warp belt

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hex and Psycho

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Had a go at this on the server and I'm not too sure. I think it's a bit too hard and it takes a bit too long. Could definitely do with some checkpoints.

Olix

Reaction score
I thought about checkpoints, but since the map time is so short I didn't want players to skip half the map by pressing a button like on Butamou or Melange. So underneath the hardest jumps there is a catch platform that allows you to retry the jump pretty quickly. Also, if you fall off completely on the later jumps but the lava still hasn't flowed over the barriers below, I added stairs back onto the course. Here's what I mean, underneath the last section of the map:

If you're fast and clumsy you can afford to fall and climb back up twice before the lava covers this. Hopefully that makes the map a little easier, and if you die it's only a three minute wait that you can spend in the sellshop or afk.

Right now I think the jumps are just hard enough, but if more people think it's too hard I can nerf them.

edit: just ran through the map and adjusted some jumps. should be slightly easier now.

Last edited:

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
Most of us liked this map. It might need some edits for timers or difficulty, but it could definitely work as a fast-paced DR map. We've decided to give your map a trial run!