[GAME OVER - TOWN WIN] The Comedy Club

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

Nottykitten - hipmeow, HKCaper, webpaige, Alisha (4/5)
HKCaper - Nottykitten, Mooglie, sessybessy, Timdood3 (4/5)
Refuse - (0/5)

--

The microphone sound interrupts the chaos of the room.

"Aaaand your time is up. I hope you all feel satisfied with your decision.

Which is, as I should add, a tied vote between two of you.

But not to worry. There is a solution for this predicament. Rest assured, one of them will be going out on stage. But which one...

That's up to fate."

The voice speaks up.

"Both of you. The ones with the tied votes. Get onto the stage. Quickly. We don't have much time."

You look at both of the people that you voted for. They both look ahead, eyes fixed on the raised platform. And, after a moment, both walk towards it, and slowly climb on.

"Stand in the centre, side by side, under the monitor. And face the rest."

They stand side by side, facing you.

The monitor screen flickers and reveals a black screen cut in half by a thin white line, with one person standing beneath one half.

"The program on the monitor will decide which of you has the honour of performing tonight. Once it has spoken, that decision is final. And whoever it chooses, you will be the one to perform."

There is a pause.

"So... do what you must. Pray to your Gods, think of your loved ones, et cetera. Starting it now."

The screen changes, and the two people standing below it turn to watch it.

The left side of the screen [above Nottykitten] lights up white.

And then the right side of the screen [above HKCaper] lights up white instead.

It flicks between them.

"Come on... come on..."

It flicks faster.

And faster.

And faster.

"Why does it have to be so dramatic? We really don't have time for this."

And then it stops.

"Ah. There. It's decided, then."

The right side of the screen is lit up [HKCaper].

"You. Face the curtain. You have been chosen.

And the other one, get off the stage. Quickly."

They do as the voice says. The curtains that the chosen one faces open up from the middle, revealing the same large grey wall as before. The chosen one steps towards it.

"Good."

The curtains close around them.

Just as last time, there is a loud sound of air being released, and the groaning of pipes. Then a pause, and then another loud release of air and groaning of pipes.

"Very good.

So. In a moment you'll be going on stage. I hope you're ready.

Make them laugh. Make them laugh harder, louder than before, if you can. That's your challenge. Go out as a... a thing of wonder. An inspiration. Do your species proud.

...Good luck."

There is a pause.

Then, the monitor above the raised platform switches off, then on again, showing the same darkened perspective as it did the first time. A few moments pass. Then, just as before, the perspective lights up a little. The rows of the blob-like figures become a little clearer. The stage at the back becomes a little more visible.

And then a short burst of static releases the sound of hundreds and hundreds of cheers of the audience, much, much louder than before. Their screeches and sequels squeeze at your eardrums. It goes on for several, almost unbearable minutes.

And then, eventually, the room lights up completely. The blob-like figures are bouncing up and down, still screaming and cheering and squealing. The whole room bursts with energy. And then the voice of the speaker bellows through the room like thunder.

"AAAAND NOW. PLEASE. GIVE THEM A LOOOOUUUD WELCOME. AND GET READY FOOOOORR.... THE ONE YOU'VE ALLLLL BEEN WAITING FOR... THEEEEEEEE COMEDIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

The audience scream and cheer and clap even more loudly than they had been doing. And at the back of the stage, the red curtains open up, revealing the person voted. They walk to the centre of the stage and stand in front of the microphone without hesitation. They begin to speak before the audience has settled down.

"My name is Barny the Fish."

The audience quickly quietens down. The room goes silent.

"Please. Say that again for everyone to hear."

"My name is Barny the Fish."

"Aha. And... what is your joke today, Comedian Barny the Fish?"

"*blub*"

The person steps back away from the microphone slightly.

There is a long, drawn out moment of silence.

The room is completely still.

And then, it happens again.

There is a snigger. And then another. And then another. And then another and another and another and another and soon the whole building is laughing, louder and louder, growing and growing, overwhelming your senses with nothing but the ridiculously intense sound of laughter, clapping, and then screaming and shouting. It feels as though the monitor's speakers are about to break. You can't bear it. You suddenly feel lightheaded. The laughter doesn't stop. It goes on and on and on and it hurts because it's so loud.

And then there is a loud thump. A tall, glass cubicle lands on stage from above, trapping the person voted inside. The cubicle is sealed at the top.

And then you hear the sound of gushing water, and a stream of it falls onto the cubicle from somewhere above the stage. It hits the top of the cubicle, and many different smaller streams shoot through it and down onto the person you voted, as though the cubicle's lid has many tiny holes.

And then large writing lights up on the stage's curtain, revealing there had been large, letter-signs there the whole time. The letters flash on and off, very brightly and very quickly.

"DRINK OR DIE"

The audience roars.

The person stands still. They don't move at all. They face the audience, completely expressionless, as the water level rises above their ankles.

The laughter is still going, louder and louder, more and more painful to bear.

And then they begin to chant.

Their voices are disgusting. They sound like mucus, like wet tongues. Your ears burn.

"DRINK OR DIE. DRINK OR DIE. DRINK OR DIE. DRINK OR DIE"

The chanting gets louder and louder. It engulfs the room completely. You feel disorientated. And you watch as the glass cubicle fills and fills with water, and the chanting goes on. And the person in the cubicle remains still as stone.

The chanting increases in intensity.
The water rises above the person's waist. The audience are still chanting. It rises above their shoulders. The audience are chanting louder. It rises above their mouth and nose. The audience are screaming and clapping and chanting and laughing and squealing. And all the while, the person is completely still. Completely expressionless. They don't lift their chin to breathe. They stay still.

And, eventually, the water fills the cubicle completely and starts to spill over.

The view of the monitor shifts, bringing you a close-up of the person. Their eyes are fixed ahead, looking directly into the camera for the monitor. Their face is completely expressionless, completely sill, as they stand there submerged in the water, looking at you.

A few moments go by. The noise of the audience, still chanting and screaming and laughing, begins to wash over you.

You are stuck. Your gaze locked, staring into the person's eyes, whose eyes stare back at you, un-moving, unflinching.

And you can't breathe.

And then they shut their eyes and the water turns black. And then it turns clear again, and the audience collectively let out a loud gasp.

The person is still in the water, eyes shut. They begin to drift a little to the side. Their body twists very slightly.

And then the camera zooms out to show the whole stage.

A large, black shadow is rising out and above the cubicle.

And you feel terror.

A terror you've never experienced before. A terror you didn't think could ever exist.

Your heart feels nothing but thick, hopeless terror.

You drown in it.

The shadow rises - it slithers - above the stage, out of the cubicle, and then disappears above.

The audience are silent. Completely. As if all the sound in the room had been sucked out.

And then you hear a burst of static, and then the monitor goes black.

You still can't breathe.

You can't move.

All you can see in your mind's eye is that dark, impossibly dark, thick shadow. How it moved.

The microphone noise returns.

"...Ahem..."

There is a pause.

"...I..."

Another pause.

"That's... new."

There is another, very long pause.

You hear a few taps of a keyboard. The voice clears their throat.

"Well they're dead. It's just a question of, well, how long they've been dead for, really..."

The monitor flickers on, showing a bio just as yesterday.

"Barny the Fish. Worked in retail. Married, two kids. Hm. Everything... appears normal."

The voice suddenly feels much more grave.

"I wonder..."

There is some more typing.

"Hm. Perhaps what we just saw... which would make sense, given how it... was... uh...

I... hm. This is
difficult to say.

I think that may have been a host. The person I mean. I've never seen anything like it but it makes sense to me. I think The Darkness was using that body as a host."

Another long pause. Your chest is tight. The voice sounds a little panicked.

"We can discuss it more tomorrow. But judging by what we just saw, The Darkness is certainly not gone, so the same rules still apply. If anything, it may be more angry now. I have no idea."

The monitor flickers to reveal the map.

After a few seconds, the monitor flickers again to reveal the one minute countdown: TIME UNTIL POWER FAILURE: 1:00.

"I need to go. The timer is set. Find a place to spend the Night. I'll see what I can do to find out what exactly just happened."

--

HKCaper was Barny the Fish, The Darkness:

"…

Alignment: Mafia

Role: The Darkness

Abilities:

- Kill one person who is vulnerable at Night [will receive a list of vulnerable players each night - anybody not in a pair inside a room during the Night is vulnerable]

- During the Night [or morning in the case of day 0], choose X rooms to Engulf in Darkness (cut off access to) that will be shown during the Day, and Y rooms to Engulf in Darkness that will be shown during the Intermission. [X and Y will be specified to you each Night, or morning in the case of Day 0]. When an even number of players enters Night phase, choose one additional room to Engulf that will be shown during the Intermission, that will only be Engulfed in the event that somebody dies that night.

- During the night also choose to either Empathise OR Paralyse any one person. (Empathise = learn the role information and share the results with your followers. Paralyse = roleblock)

- Identity is known to your followers.

- Know the identity of any living followers once a follower has been lynched.

- Receive anonymous recommendations from your followers for who to Kill, Empathise and Paralyse at Night with preference levels of Strong, Moderate or Weak.

- Unable to enter Engulfed rooms.

- Upon your death, one of your followers becomes you.

Win condition: Have the Mafia compose of at least 50% of the alive players"

--

End of Day 2: The Terror We Live For
--

INTERMISSION

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
You arrive in the Lobby with the others, coughing and breathing heavily. The air in the lobby feels fresh and cool. You breathe it in.

Slowly.

After a while, the collective coughing ceases.

A moment of silence passes.

And then the speaker sound enters the room.

"Welcome back.

I hope you're all feeling revitalised after last evening's... incident. You need to be on top form today. The performance, tonight... it is crucial that it goes well. The reviews for last night were abysmal. Understandably so given how traumatising the spectacle was for the audience. We are at severe risk here. And believe me. You do not want to know what happens to you performers if the show gets cancelled. So... be ready.

Now... a little bit of information to share with you. I suppose it's only fair to do so. I did a little research last night, and I think my theory was correct. I think what we saw there was The Darkness using Barny the Fish's body as host to walk among you. Why, I'm not sure. But once the host died, that... shadow that we saw... that feeling it gave off... that was merely a tiny piece of The Darkness. A small part that it severed off to use Barny the Fish's body. Which means, I imagine, the true Darkness... in its full, proper form... is far more.

But work through those feelings. That terror you felt. Don't let it distract from the important task at hand - the performance.

Ah, and - as I'm sure you've come to expect - another of you has, unfortunately, left us in the Night. Perhaps their heart couldn't handle it. Or, a more likely alternative... perhaps The Darkness claimed another life.

Their name was Alisha Kirigiri.

They were a detective.

That's essentially all the information I have on them. It seems they valued their privacy.

And... that's all. Remember my warning. The performance tonight must impress. Don't let yourselves down. It'd be a real shame after all you've been through so far.

Ah - Sasha-"

The microphone cuts off off, leaving the room in silence.

After a few moments, the monitor on the raised platform suddenly switches on, revealing the map, and then the timer, as usual:

[Deadline is 19/08, 9pm BST]

The microphone suddenly comes on again.

"Apologies. I have business to attend to. The updated map is on the monitor. Make a decision."

And then it switches off again.

--

Alisha was Alisha Kirigiri, the Detective.

"Even the dead tell tales. Working as a professional Detective for years, you’re determined to make use of your unique set of skills while you can. And with your trusty journal you hope to ensure that your findings may still be useful to your fellow survivors if death ever grips its claws around your neck.

Alignment: Town

Role: Detective

Abilities: If sharing a room with a corpse you may inspect it to determine whether the cause of death was the same as the previous corpse that you inspected. Leave your findings in a journal with your corpse.

Win condition: Eliminate all threats to Town
"

--

Day 3

It takes 4 votes to send somebody out on stage, and 4 votes to refuse.

Playerlist
1. Alisha
2. Timdood3
3. Ltin
4. Stranger from Planet 9
5. Omni
6. Mooglie
7. hipmeow
8. Nottykitten
9. TheWeakGuy48_
10. HKCaper
11. webpaige
12. sessybessy

hipmeow

Reaction score
heres my paraphrasing for my page "page 12 has a photograph, and it shows a small room with a body on the floor, and theres some writing on the wall which says that the followers claimed this soul"
i also got 2 scrap metal last night

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
page 10 was correctly just the map and stuff so alisha didnt lie (i mean she obviously didnt lie seeing as shes confirmed town now)
2 scrap metal also

slightly confused why alisha died
in our room chat (it was me, alisha, hip and tim in the kitchen) she thought she was suspicious for the whole hk thing and wouldnt be surprised if she was lynched today and tbh i was minorly suspicious also but she got murdered anyway so im minorly baffed

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
In other news pretty sure I got roleblocked last night because I felt like the spirits were not listening. I tried to purify Ltin again. I spent the night alone in a room with Sessy so we were safe atleast. I got 1 measly microchip.

Page 18 had an old photograph inside it sticking to the page using what sounds like duct tape.

The picture was from a badly-lit room with five bodies on the floor. On the wall was a message scribbled in chalk that said something along the lines of; this action of them dying will not be remembered. In the lower right of the picture is a name: "S. Winters".

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
slightly confused why alisha died
in our room chat (it was me, alisha, hip and tim in the kitchen) she thought she was suspicious for the whole hk thing and wouldnt be surprised if she was lynched today and tbh i was minorly suspicious also but she got murdered anyway so im minorly baffed
she claimed her role in the nightchat with me and HK, HK more likely than not blocked her so she had nothing to go off of

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
In other news pretty sure I got roleblocked last night because I felt like the spirits were not listening. I tried to purify Ltin again. I spent the night alone in a room with Sessy so we were safe atleast. I got 1 measly microchip.
also suspicious

my defense for keeping notty alive was that their action can be provable and so they can be proved not to be the darkness but here we are

hipmeow

Reaction score
also im guessing alisha died to either 3p or some mafia who can idk kill even if peeps are in pairs (i think hks role could only kill someone who wasnt in a pair)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also suspicious

my defense for keeping notty alive was that their action can be provable and so they can be proved not to be the darkness but here we are
even in roomchat i said the classic defense would be 'i was blocked!!'
also im guessing alisha died to either 3p or some mafia who can idk kill even if peeps are in pairs (i think hks role could only kill someone who wasnt in a pair)
but alisha wasnt in a pair!

webpaige

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I read page 9 which basically says:
There is a key someone wants and he is collecting Light, if he gets enough he'd use 'them' as a key and live happily ever after
the narrator (who is being told this by someone else) does not trust this guy, and thinks this guy's actions are selfish and won't help anyone else and he's very suspicious and secretive
the narrator feels he shouldn't help him

and I feel this page is relevant because it mentions a key as well:
Pamphlet PagePersonPamphlet Paraphrasing
7TimdoodPage 7 seems a lot shorter than some of the other pages. It's a photo of a dark room with chalk writing on the wall. It says that the darkness[sup]tm[/sup] reveals secrets to those with the key.

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
Timdood3 - 2 wire, 2 cogs, ?
Ltin - nothing, ?
Mooglie - 2 cogs, 2 scrap metal
hipmeow - 2 wire, 4 microchips, 2 scrap metal
Nottykitten - 2 wire, 1 microchip
webpaige - 2 scrap metal, ?
sessybessy - 2 cog, ?