Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

It's been a fun past few months running and managing DarkRP for ER, but sadly, it is time to shut it down. DarkRP started to stagnate shortly after release, and with most of the staff being super busy at the most inconvenient of times (including myself), the server pretty much died out and sat here with no purpose.

With that, Hoog and Myself have agreed that it needs to be shutdown. We don't want to dedicate any more resources to it, because of how far deep in the hole it is - and in reality, once your playerbase turns to none on a gmod server, the server will most likely sit there for eternity only getting a few random players every few weeks.

Thank you all who have participated in the beta, that helped out staffing, or just generally played and enjoyed the server. We wouldn't have made it this far without you, and I appreciate all of you :-). This server wouldn't have been anything without this community behind it. The server is already closed and will have no closing event due to lack of interest in the recent times. The forums will be put into archives shortly also. If you ever need anything from the server, just shoot Hoog or myself a PM, as we have backups of the server.

With that, I assure you that I still (and a few others) have a few plans up their sleeves still, so stay tuned in the future!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
What in the actual fuck? This server should have been shut down months ago.

Was there anything that you guys did to even encourage new players to join the server? Judging from the player history it looks like it only had a max of FIVE players only ONCE. Other than that it was a dead server.

This is one of the reasons why I have my doubts with Hex as Advertiser/CA. If he can't get players to join his DarkRP server then how the hell is he going to get players to our community?

Lux

The Weeb
Donor
Reaction score

Was there anything that you guys did to even encourage new players to join the server? Judging from the player history it looks like it only had a max of FIVE players only ONCE. Other than that it was a dead server.

This is one of the reasons why I have my doubts with Hex as Advertiser/CA. If he can't get players to join his DarkRP server then how the hell is he going to get players to our community?

Thank you for input psycho, helpful as ever

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Glad to help, which is probably something that you didn't do with your failed DarkRp server.
Your first post was kinda agreeable and you had a point, this one is just plain rude.

Who was the one that killed blocktopia with the overhall?
Dear god the drama is starting (and I'm contributing) someone rename this thread LETS TALK V4

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I appreciate to all for allowing us for having DarkRP. I am sure it would have been successful if staff didn't have lives and weren't so busy. I'll still make sure to be an active member of the community and hopefully get back into staffing later on in the year.

The only way we can improve is to test new ideas, even though there are some people in the community who will always be negative about it. It's great that most of us are encouraging new ideas and hopefully branching later on to other games. It will take a lot of effort, but I believe this is one of our only options to bring in fresh new faces.

It's been both an honour, and an excellent experience working with everyone in the community and I respect Hex and Hoog's decision, especially after working with them for so long and being the only moderator really left. It's been a blast!

-Rune
The Last moderator of DarkRP

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

Hey psycho, I don't think you understand the circumstances surrounding the situation, so let me go over them.

First, I want to stress how much of a terrible timing DarkRP released at, including with the timing with LoP. We released pretty much one right after another, and it was terrible timing and decision making on my part, which I apologize for. Including the release time, LoP was VERY VERY resource intensive. I had to keep DarkRP down for a long while due to LoP taking up so much resources, which made it VERY hard for me to even work on DarkRP itself.

Secondly, I suppose this goes with the release time, but right after I released and set DarkRP out on its adventure, I had to deal with school exams. I was hit pretty much full force with a load of school work that I really couldn't put off for DarkRP at the time, because it was super important that I pass those exams. Again, I apologize for my terrible decision making at this time. This was my first time really running a server under a community besides ones that I made by myself, and I was really still learning many many new things when DarkRP first released.

I've learned many things though, over the course of my (admittedly) somewhat poor choices. I've learned about time management, importance of release dates, and the importance of being able to dedicate yourself to a project full time. I've grown with these skills over the past few months, and I felt very confident now when I was offered my CA position. I would not have taken this position if I wasn't confident in myself like last time.I love this community, a shit ton, and I wouldn't want to take such an important position knowing I wasn't fit for this.

With that all, I apologize to you and the community, for releasing such a server and leaving it in such a state for the longest time. I absolutely understand everybody's concerns and where they are coming from. I really hope though, that we can put this all behind us, and start looking forward. I want the best for this community, and I promise that I will not handle this community as I did like DarkRP. I hope everybody can understand where I was in that position, and I hope everyone can accept my apology for releasing DarkRP and keeping it like that. Have a nice day everybody :-)

P.S Please do not flame in this thread, Psycho has valid points that can be pointed out without attacking one another. I do not want to lock this thread due to people not getting along, especially when it has valid concerns.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Setting the facts straight: I wasn't CA when this happened though I may have been an Admin/Staff for Buildbox/Create at the time we transitioned. I was opposed to the name change and such, so maybe read up on one of Notme's history threads to figure out who killed it.

Your first post was kinda agreeable and you had a point, this one is just plain rude.
So wait, Hoog can say shit but I can't? I know that I can cross the line at times, but don't expect me to back down.

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com

Literally can't tell if Psycho is becoming the new Jub or has been hacked by the real Jub and taken over...

Reaction score
Literally can't tell if Psycho is becoming the new Jub or has been hacked by the real Jub and taken over...
nah can't be jub I would know
hoog didnt nearly kill his server, the community, or have a reputation for going completely over the line let alone crossing it
he didn't either that was Malco and baker who did

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Nottykitten I give you V4.0

(Disclaimer: Yes this is obviously a joke, please do not ban me thanks. If this post is deemed inappropriate (which it is) just delete it, thanks. I am also aware you put me on a short leash, HOWEVER, I do believe psychos actions are hypocritical and warrant this response)

WARNING: IF YOU CAN'T DEAL WITH EXPLETIVES, IMMATURITY, NAME CALLING, AND ALL THAT MESS THEN DON'T READ THIS.

This is a post directed toward a select singular member in this Community that needs to be called out: Psycho - And anyone else that thinks they're special enough to be on this list.

Right, this is coming out of sheer frustration from the damn reactions that I see all the time when a singular member on here complain about shit . It's probably best that I don't post right now as I am, regretfully, pissed off at a select singular members who have the fucking audacity to think that they can say whatever the fuck they want without getting warned and reprimanded AND THEN go whinge in their status or create a fucking post and cry about how the Admins are "policing" everything and that this Community is turning into a "safespace" or "hugbox".

Well why the hell are you guys still here if you're going to complain about shit like that?

Seriously, you're not obligated to stay in this Community -- there is no written contract saying that you're bound to this Community. You're free to find another forum to shitpost, troll, whinge, or do whatever the fuck you want, but yet you're still here.

I introduce to you the Community's Terms of Service and Rules - http://escaperestart.com/forum/help/terms - which I'm obviously tossing out on this post and am most likely going to be called out as a hypocrite for not following it as I am a regular member. Fuck it. You guys have likely forgotten about this little gem that tries to restore order whenever shitstorms happen on here -- Now fucking read it.

And yes, if you are part of this Community then the ToS/Rules do apply to you as you're not exempt from it. So don't fucking feel surprised when an Admin warns you for an immature post toward your fucking friend on here. I don't give a fuck if he's your friend and that you're "joking" around - you're still posting shit on here that disregards the ToS/Rules. Also, you're not exempt from being a jackass toward someone on here. If you're being a jackass, then that shit will be dealt with accordingly.

Granted, you guys are likely going to whinge on your status about how the Admins dealt with your shitpost -- and then come up with more shit to make it seem like you're funny or better than everyone else. Well, sadly, you're not. You can go fucking cry to your parents or anyone else that gives a shit about you because I honestly have had enough of your shit on here.

Don't get me wrong, being a regular member on here is great fun especially when taking a break from real life duties, but when I get on and have to deal with the shit that you guys post on here often, then something has to be said -- Grow the fuck up.

(Yes. I know that I what posted above is inappropriate and unsuitable for a regular member.)

red = appropriate edits

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
hoog didnt nearly kill his server, the community, or have a reputation for going completely over the line let alone crossing it
I'm confused, are you talking about what you did with RoF? I don't recall myself "killing" a server or the Community. I sure as hell know that I spent part of my time on here to help revive this community, so why do people think that I was even part of the transition?

And yeah, I do go over the line, if you don't like it then deal with it. I really don't give a fuck.

FreakyCupcake

Discord Director, SMP Mod
Reaction score
I'm confused, are you talking about what you did with RoF? I don't recall myself "killing" a server or the Community. I sure as hell know that I spent part of my time on here to help revive this community, so why do people think that I was even part of the transition?

And yeah, I do go over the line, if you don't like it then deal with it. I really don't give a fuck.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Me

Hey psycho, I don't think you understand the circumstances surrounding the situation, so let me go over them.

First, I want to stress how much of a terrible timing DarkRP released at, including with the timing with LoP. We released pretty much one right after another, and it was terrible timing and decision making on my part, which I apologize for. Including the release time, LoP was VERY VERY resource intensive. I had to keep DarkRP down for a long while due to LoP taking up so much resources, which made it VERY hard for me to even work on DarkRP itself.

Secondly, I suppose this goes with the release time, but right after I released and set DarkRP out on its adventure, I had to deal with school exams. I was hit pretty much full force with a load of school work that I really couldn't put off for DarkRP at the time, because it was super important that I pass those exams. Again, I apologize for my terrible decision making at this time. This was my first time really running a server under a community besides ones that I made by myself, and I was really still learning many many new things when DarkRP first released.

I've learned many things though, over the course of my (admittedly) somewhat poor choices. I've learned about time management, importance of release dates, and the importance of being able to dedicate yourself to a project full time. I've grown with these skills over the past few months, and I felt very confident now when I was offered my CA position. I would not have taken this position if I wasn't confident in myself like last time.I love this community, a shit ton, and I wouldn't want to take such an important position knowing I wasn't fit for this.

With that all, I apologize to you and the community, for releasing such a server and leaving it in such a state for the longest time. I absolutely understand everybody's concerns and where they are coming from. I really hope though, that we can put this all behind us, and start looking forward. I want the best for this community, and I promise that I will not handle this community as I did like DarkRP. I hope everybody can understand where I was in that position, and I hope everyone can accept my apology for releasing DarkRP and keeping it like that. Have a nice day everybody :-)

P.S Please do not flame in this thread, Psycho has valid points that can be pointed out without attacking one another. I do not want to lock this thread due to people not getting along, especially when it has valid concerns.
You live and you learn, you're gonna do great, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.