Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
In-game username: Danni122112

References (Mod+): Lee_scar, EggNog, Naoh, 77thShad

Time zone: GMT +1

Previous staffing experience: AoD Trusted to Operator A&T Operator JtE Trusted to Operator DoD VetOp to Director

How much time can you commit to the server each week?: I would say more than 8 hours, on an ordinary week.

In your own words what are the responsibilities of a Moderator on this server?: Moderators are the staff that you always see on the server, taking care of all everyday events that does not need a higher staff member. They are very important so that the higher staff can focus on their other tasks, and not just "normal staffing" They are the first person you contact when there is grief, or any other rule disputes. They are instantly there when you need them, if the discussions in that chat get a bit too hot headed. I could keep on listing the specific jobs that Moderators got, but it would be and endless list, that would be extremely boring to read

How would you handle a situation where a staff member is abusing his or her powers?:
I would if unsure try to make as sure that this may was the case, before immdeiatly contacting the higher staff of the server. I would also try to gather all the evidence I could as it would not be unlikely for them to try to hide it. I have experience from this, and I especially recal from when I as director, where one of the Operators were found to spawn in items. I then talked to the rest of the staff team about it, contacted the Admins and gathered enough evidence to build a case.

What do you believe your greatest strengths and weaknesses are, how will you strive improve your weaknesses?:
My greatest weakness? That would probably related to my general attitude. I have a very seemingly unserious tone when I play, but believe me, it have never in the past affected my staffing. I like to have fun, and have a great time while I staff, and some people may think that I am not doing my job seriously, but as said, that is hardly the case at all. I can also be a bit me-ish. Wanting stuff to be done my way, however I would like to defend myself there, It is almost always, because I think that is the best way to do it, but I am trying to be more open for inputs.

Please take some time to tell us about yourself (What are you favorite movies, hobbies, books etc.)?: I am a 17 year old boy from Norway, I am currently studying Chemistry, Biologi, Physics and Math in high school, and then hopefully to become an engineer. At my spare time I either play games, mostly minecraft, drink, am with my friends, spend time with my girlfriend, or combine some/several of those

Additional notes:
The main reason I want to staff is to help the server and the players off it. It hurts to see people not being able to get staff when it is needed, and that is often the case sadly, in my time zone. While the other time zones are more than covered, my time zone is often without any staff at all. I have always loved staffing and helping players, and will always do.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
We dropped the ball on this guys. Lets get some replies going.

Lee_scar
SparklyMuffinz
Theoo
The_Derp
MrStitch
Naoh
Wink
77thShad
Major_Bryan

Anyways... apologies about the late response, Danni. While I originally referenced you for your first application I simply haven't seen you on as much since then. This is certainly a combination of time zones and my own personal activity which has been down lately. I can't vouch for your activity however I can vouch for how you've staffed in the past. You were an excellent staff member from my personal experiences and I know you will be again given the shot.

With all that said and despite me being very impressed in your staffing abilities I'm not overly confident of your activity or even how commited you're to the server due to some things other staff members have said to me about your attitude on the server. So I'm going to hold off on my vote until someone assures me of your activity or lack there of that is.

Good luck Danni!

Theodorre

The Fail Chipmunk
Reaction score
Argh sorry Danni, I completely forgot to actually reply to this!

I'll keep it short and simple: As I've been away for the past couple of weeks, I don't think I'm in a position to judge you as I simply haven't seen you. As EggNog said, I'd prefer waiting until I saw you more. If that's not possible, I'd go with the benefit of the doubt in that I did see you previously (around the time of your last application) and you were helping out and being active in general.

So...halfway between a 0 and +1, right now. :p (a +0.5?? ;))

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I referenced you for a trial because you have knowledge, ability and previous experience staffing the server. I think we should at least you a chance to prove your dedication to the server through a trial.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]+1 for a trial from me.[/BCOLOR]

• Thank You

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
First off I want to apologize for the lateness of this post.

Ok, back to the app. Due to time zones I have not had the chance to see you on the server since your first app.

When you remade your first app. I do admit I was alittle surprised to see you remake it instantly after Oak and JT told you to wait a month.

I'm going to have to vote a 0.

• Thank You

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I was leaving this up to the opinions of the team,.
At this time I've been very busy with other things(server work still) but I have not been online to evaluate interactions.
I was also waiting for the moderators to speak

Aside from that my previous interactions with you merit me giving a positive.(+1 even though we don't use those anymore).
Although others seem to not have had much interaction I will wait for those in your timezone to chime in.

Now this positive is subjective on the fact that while you play on the server you [BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]refrain from being drunk. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]This is not to say that I wish to control your personal life and tell you not to enjoy an alcoholic beverage while your enjoying the server. By all means enjoy yourself, within constraint. I am personally not going to allow an excuse like 'Sorry I fucked up or acted rashly I was drunk/impaired/on pain meds" or any other excuse.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]None will be excused or pardoned as being impaired in judgment means cooling off and not being on the server. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]That is to say once you have reached a level of alcoholic ingestion that begins to impair your vision/trainofthought and otherwise affect you, it would be asked that you would discontinue play until you are sober enough to maintain yourself. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]This is only a stipulation if you are staffing, not being a regular player. [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]This is also to remove any chance of a younger player thinking its 'cool' that a person who is supposed to be a sign of respect and in a position of authority is drunk or that its acceptable.
[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Combined with the fact your only 17, this is also inspiring and encouraging illegal activity and not something I want expressed to those on the server (Legal age for beer and wine in Norway is 18 and 20 for hard liquor citation)[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Now you might think I'm being 'uptight' and that 'no one has cared before' but I am only wanting to have you in the most productive state for both the social aspect of the server and the working part.[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff] [/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffcc00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]Sorry if you think Im 'being a dick' but its not too much to ask is it?[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
I've purposely abstained my vote till now due to both my slight inactivity and my lack of recent socialization with you, but I'll just base my past knowledge and other things stated in this thread for my vote:

Everyone seems to be scared of your possible general inactivity from not seeing you. I'm just going to step out on a ledge, and assume that even if you are quite inactive at the moment, a promotion to our ranks will bring up that activity and give us all a chance to see you on trial. This assumption may seem silly, but I'll pairing with prior knowledge from DoD and your huge amount of dedicated ontime, hopefully that will carry over here with a staffing rank.

Now on the account of the second big point, the alcoholism. Lee made a couple great statements about it, making me rethink my vote in general. Playing with you on DoD, I would love to throw out that I noticed your earlier staffing days seemed to be more serious and less impaired, while the rank of Director seemed to trade in your seriousness for impairment. I'll be honest and say I have played when I had days I shouldn't be playing, as I have an impairment issue with anger. The turning point for me was the time I happened to ban someone on zombies with the lines "GET OUT OF HEREE YOU FUCKINGG WOMMER FUCK" after dying as the last human to a hacker. Reevaluation has lead me to be a more serious person, and not let such impairment get in my way. I'll assume you'll find a way to bring back your lack of impairment, and will make that a non-issue with my vote.

All things considered, +1.

• Thank You

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
While I normally would not reply to this, I would like to adress the worries that were stated above.

Activity, simple and short, timezones make it hard to see you, since I am the only European, and I am mostly on right after school

And regarding alcohol, points taken and I will make sure to do my best at it.

Reactions: 1 person

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
Sorry for forgetting to reply to this! Danni, you're a very experienced staff member when it comes to SMP. Anything I would have wanted to say would be repetitive, as I think the other posts have summed up how I feel about this. I think you're at least worthy of a trial. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.