Da_Jinks DoD VetOp Application V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
In-game username: Da_Jinks.

Staff references (Controller+): I sadly do not see many Controllers on often, and know that Director+'s don't generally reference. I talked to some of the other VetOp's though about their thoughts on me applying though. EDIT: Seems things may change, and Danni will reference me.

Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): Classic Zombie Trusted, SMP4 Operator, JtE Trusted, JtE Operator, DoD Operator.

How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: The rank of VetOp keeps the responsibilities of Operator while taking on some new ones. They keep the responsibilities of helping new players by answering questions, dealing with ModRequests and overall keeping the server running well. They also are normally more experienced, and should be willing to help their fellow staff with issues when needed and have a good knowledge of the commands and tasks. They should be well spoken, willing to gives ideas good or bad to help the server, and willing to think and be creative when suggesting events and additions to the server. They should also be kind, active within the community and chat and be a model of how players should act on the server.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I put my application for Elysium Trusted up on January 3rd, 2013. That was over 300 days ago, and counting. This, along with my other times staffing give me a huge experience with staffing in SMP and a good understanding of what is required of me. I have a good knowledge of most all the commands and any commands I do not know I'm willing to learn. I'm active both within the community and chat, willing to take my time with new players and help them and good with coming up with ideas for events and suggestions. On another note, I also am working hard on learning Java and am already working on one possible plugin that could be useful on the server, and have a few more ideas I'm interested in pursuing.

If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: I would attempt to find another staff member who may know how to deal with the situation via the IRC, forums, Steam or other servers. If I cannot I will try and deal with the issue to the best of my ability and ask another staff member how I did and/or what I could've done better at a later point.

How experienced are you with the current commands on the server, and would you be able to grasp many new commands quickly?: I have a good knowledge when it comes to Prism, ModReq, WorldEdit and have some knowledge/am learning more of the Villages system and our Economy. I'm willing to learn any new commands I need and should be a fast learning as well.

What’s the best thing you have ever read?: As of now I'd say The Westing Game. It combines suspense, humor and puzzle into one great book, keeping you interested the entire time and second guessing every second. It has one of the most interesting and best endings of any book I've read, allowing you to guess along the way just to be very surprised at the end.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: All I would like to say is thank you to everyone who has been along with me during my time staffing. Whether it was the beginning at zombies or up until today, you've all been wonderful and I would not change a thing if I could. Thank you for reading and considering, Jinks.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
Alright lets go ahead and start this year off right!!!!! -1. lol jkjk but really.... You are an amazing staff member, a joy to talk to, and great to play games with! The only thing is i have not seen alot of stuff ticket wise from you. but i know its probably cause times and everything like that. you were an amazing staff member on JTE and i know youll be just as great on DoD +1

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Jinks, despite our ridiculous opposite time zones, we know each other quite well and have worked together on numerous occasions to the benefit of the server. You have been a member of SMP staff for awhile now too and to me I think you have the experience and judgement needed to hold the vetop rank, but not only that I also feel you bring a certain creativeness to this rank as well, and that in my eyes is a worthy of a +1

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
1+ for obvious reasons.

If you need more ask me when my head dont hurt =(
Im good now.

Anyway, jinks, you were on of thoose staff members that I really looked up to on JtE, you have been a very good operator for JtE and now DoD. You are always helping out, and you have even been helping out with a new command ;) You have always been a very nice and pleasant person. I belive you are more than ready for VetOp, and you surely deserve it!

again, 1+

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
My word, Jinks, what do I have left to say about you that I haven't already said?

Let's look at the facts:
  • This is your 3rd time staffing SMP, and your 4th time staffing overall
  • You successfully lead a clan of 3 people to become JtE's 4th city
  • You've worked on commands for the server
  • You've demonstrated a willing attitude to help others before yourself
  • You're from Ohio
You have time and again shown your maturity, dedication, and leadership on this server. I can think of few more worthy to be called a Veteran than yourself! I vote +1, and wish you the best of luck my friend!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Jinks,

Sadly we are going to have to decline this application. We're not sure if you have enough dedication to be a VetOp, and while you're a great Op and we know it we have not seen enough of it yet this SMP. We think it would be in best interest to wait a bit before reapplying, and hopefully by then you can prove yourself and get the rank.

Thanks for your interest in the rank, and don't let this dishearten you from trying at it again.
- superstein and SparklyMuffinz

Status
Not open for further replies.