Da_Jinks' Adventurer Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
In-game username: Da_Jinks.

Time spent on the server: 20 days, 5 hours.

Past and present staff ranks: (past) Zombie survival Trusted, SMP Op, JtE Trusted (present) JtE Op.

Teamspeak(Y/N): Nope!

How would you describe the rank you are applying for?: Adventurer involves 3 major
points: Creating, maintaining and adding dungeons. Creating by building them, which
is important as this gives you (as the Adventurer) the opportunity to test new ideas,
make new themes and have a higher sense of control over the overall dungeon. Maintaining
by making sure the dungeons are used, and if some are not: Why are they not? Why
would players prefer one dungeon over another? And fix accordingly. Keeping loot
even in each dungeon is also important, as you need to keep it so a dungeon raider
is rewarded for his risks, but does not trump the people who prefer mining, trading,
etc. for their goods. Finally, adding by judging others dungeons, adding them to
the server, editing when needed and maybe once in a while holding contests for
them? In other words, it involves building dungeons, keeping them active and evenly
played out, and judging dungeon applications and giving reasons for players to make
dungeons. You also will hold the duties of a Operator, and must be a good player on the server.

What expieriences have you had with dungeons and the plugins you might use?: Some
of my favorite expieriences on the server have been dungeons! Gathering large groups
to take on the more difficult dungeons, or going through Ignis a few times in a day
with 1-3 other people is a fun way to expierience a adrenaline rush of madness
you can't get on any other part of the server! I haven't used -tons- of plugins, but
am willing and dedicated to learn what I don't know and refresh myself when needed.

Assuming that there are more applicants and can only pick one, why pick you?:
I'm very active, creative and willing to express my ideas. I'm constantly coming
up with new ideas, and am willing to make mistakes and correct them to get the perfect
expierience. I'm constantly coming up with event ideas for the server, and can put
that to good use with this position. I will work hard to keep the dungeons fresh,
active and loved by the server, players and community.

Tell us about your experience as Operator: I've dealt with a variety of situations, expressing my ideas and opinions, rollbacking grief and referencing players for Aristocrat/Trusted to name a few! This has given me to opportunity to gain large knowledge of my commands, how to use them and when to use them. I've also used the rank to express my opinions and ideas, and do whatever I can to benefit the server. This experience has been wonderful, and I feel I'm ready to take on new tasks and new responsibilitys!

Tell us about yourself in less then 200 words: I'm 15 and from the US. When I'm not playing Minecraft, you'll probably find me reading, playing piano, (trying) to gain coding knowledge or playing Xbox. I love watermelon and Arnold Palmers, and to golf to. Thank you for reading and considering this application, and have a pleasant day :)

Signed, Da_Jinks.

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
These stuck out to me:

Time spent on the server: 20 days, 5 hours.

What expieriences have you had with dungeons and the plugins you might use?: Some
of my favorite expieriences on the server have been dungeons! Gathering large groups
to take on the more difficult dungeons, or going through Ignis a few times in a day
with 1-3 other people is a fun way to expierience a adrenaline rush of madness
you can't get on any other part of the server! I haven't used -tons- of plugins, but
am willing and dedicated to learn what I don't know and refresh myself when needed.

I've been staffing with you for quite a while, and one thing I cannot deny is that you are willing to speak your mind. Whether it's a question or idea, they're great. I like to hear them. Additionally, your activity and dedication to the server is a huge plus. 20 days? Holy shit. That's a lot to me. Actually, that's more than me! I know that you have some knowledge on dungeons--how it's done, made, etc. You're creative with your builds/map submissions. So we could put you into good use. With your ambition, I personally think you would make a great place with the Adventurer staff role.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Definately one of the most active operators on the server currently, after working with you for all this time I can honestly say you have great creativity and enthusiasm, exactly the sorts of qualities the position demands. I do feel you would be quick to learn about the plugins required to manage the position, I've seen plenty of your work to know that you have a good eye for detail and I'm sure that given the chance you would do great as the new adventurer.
Goodluck from me!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Your time online and enthusiasm is awesome, and I admire it in you. You've also come up with countless event ideas and are not one to give up at something. Your constant replies to staff threads and applications are also very well, and I know I am going to see Da_Jinks at the top of the list with a sincere, kind reply. However, at this moment in time, I do not feel you are ready for this rank and it might not suit you well. I will deny this, with the hope that in the future there will be a role and a time that you can take a step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.