Declined Da Jinks' Sub-Forum Moderator Application

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Subforum(s) you wish to moderate: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Time-zone/Country of origin: United States, Ohio. GMT - 5:00.

You see user and long-time administrator, Malcovent abusing his Admin powers by berating a user and insulting him publicly, how do you proceed?:
I would attempt to gather evidence in whatever form possible (screenshot, recording, etc.) and then ask for a explanation for his actions. I would then remove the offending item if possible and contact the other admins with proof of his actions.

An argument breaks out in a thread, both sides have some valid points but ultimately it is derailing the thread and starting a flamewar, how do you proceed?:
I would first put out a general warning about flamewar's and ask for the discussion to remain civil. If the users in question continue to discuss in a heater manner I would delete their offending posts and send each a PM asking them to either keep discussion civil or move it into a private manner. If the users continued to cause disruption within the main thread I would ban them from the thread.

A user publicly contests with your decision as a moderator, with a public post disagreeing about your decision regarding a moderator action, how do you proceed?
I would make a post explaining my actions for both the user in question and any other members that are curious to my actions. I would then offer to discuss the issue further in PM with anyone that has a question about it.

GmK is drunk and threatening to delete the forums, tell him your favorite joke so as to distract him:
Fan Outraged After the National Indoor Soccer League Cancels Championship.

Reactions: Notme