Cursing in Zombie survival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer10

Reaction score
And, I just remembered something else, does the S word count as a swear word? Because I heard an OP say the S word three times in a row before...
Yes.... If you mean the 4 letter 's' word... if it was in moderation it's fine... and please edit your post to get rid of the double-post...

snowma

Dwarf
Donor
Reaction score
It is possible to filter it.

It really isnt gonna happen. Not with the word fuck. (I don't see why we are all beating around the bush when it comes to saying it)

Megatron

AIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEE
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, we don't allow swearing at or insulting of others, which is the only really offensive thing about the words. Getting angry at someone using them to express annoyance is silly. It's not the words use that we punish people for, but the intent behind them. Obviously there are exceptions, such as racism, but that's the general rule.

We are not babysitters. We are not parents. We are not going to change our behavior on our own server for someone who may be offended by certain words, which are commonplace in the English language. If your siblings are so young they have never heard swearing (bearing in mind that when I was a kid we swore like sailors at the age of 9) then you should probably keep them off the entire internet, because there are much worse things than certain letters arranged in certain ways on here.

Reactions: Notme and Summer10

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
One thing I would like to point out is that filters aren't as effective as they are cut out to be and they can be annoying. I've had experiences where I've been filtered for saying things like accumulate and assemble, and so on. Filters on words tend to be buggy and people will find ways to evade them, not to mention managing a filter for cursing could be quite tedious, adding in all the various evasions and whatnot, not to mention slang words and it just would be really tough to manage for something we really don't need. Other than that I agree with mostly what everyone else has said. One more thing, if someone is swearing excessively and insulting, take a screenshot, take some logs and report them so that the proper consequences can be handed out, other than that, if an operator or even a trusted for that matter is on, then they can determine whether or not the amount/context of the language being used is appropriate.

Reactions: Summer10

IntensiK

Forever
Reaction score
Conversation is over, thread closed.

If you have any further questions regarding the rules feel free to inbox any one of the HCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.