Current State of Primus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
As you may or not know, I have been elected Leader of Primus for the month of February. I feel that I take this position during a low part in Primus' history. I feel there's not a lot of activity within the family, and that were at a stand still; not moving forward. I wish to change this.

I was the second Primus family member, and currently the oldest member since Hawknyr's expulsion. I saw Primus in its newborn state, when it was nothing more than the portal to the Abyss. I was there during the construction of our first and most ancient structure, the Primus Lighthouse.

Since then, I've watched Primus grow from that pristine unscathed landscape into our awe-inspiring capital, Orken, along with other beautiful structures such as Paucis Ante. We hold true to what the wiki says: We have some of the most radiant and resplendent structures and architecture in Primordia, all thanks to a exceptional, beastly player-base and prominent past leaders.

Primus should be now what it was then, and even better. I do have a few conceptions of my own on how to advance, improve, and polish our current situation, but a leader can't govern and conduct if others don't follow and support. That said, I pose the question to you, What do you wish to see from Primus? How can it improve?

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
As the mayor of Paucis Ante, I have visions for how my town could improve. With some more stonework, I could finally complete the town's community center, with apartments, an underground farm, and a marketplace. Also, the Industrial District in Ørken needs completing, and I haven't heard much of it in the past few weeks. Also, there's a lot of unused space in the eastern side of Ørken - that could be used for a big market or something, similar to how the Shudder District is in Paucis, but on a much larger scale. The railway could also do with a bit of decoration, because as it is now it is just a big sand tunnel.

TL;DR Add a marketplace and decorate the railway.

Choclate_god

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I wish I could agree more. I was also in Primus a very very long time ago and I cant agree more with the way things are going.
I would LOVE to see more more interaction between Primus and other family's(even though the wiki says not to get involved with other family's affairs). When we are raided *cough*Jayfeather*coughcough* all we do is look for defense flaws in the wall or any other things we could do in tightening defense.

That, and I've noticed that we hardly ever do anything related to PvP (Wars, raids etc, etc...) we either, turn our heads to it or completely ignore it.
Basically I want to see more interaction with PvP related matters with our or other family's. (We are not a damn non-PvP family)

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Tbh Primus have been very quiet since Peter24 became the head of Primus, So @Ogarci if future raids occur could you contact Aeres head (DKnucklehead) and perhaps the High council too if an Aeres member does raid you, As we were never told before.

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Tbh Primus have been very quiet since Peter24 became the head of Primus, So @Ogarci if future raids occur could you contact Aeres head (DKnucklehead) and perhaps the High council too if an Aeres member does raid you, As we were never told before.
I will be sending a new "Raiding Rules" proposal to the high council to be voted on. Ogarci I will tag you and the other family heads in the thread if my proposal does go through.

I apologize for us Aeres members stealing your thread, but I would also like to say that I hope for improved relations between our two families. I wish to develop our lands and it will be most important for our state of mind to not have to worry about war, so that we may continue building. I hope that Primus becomes what you hope it to be, and this fellow Texan will be willing to help you if Primus is in need of supplies. So I tip my cap to you and wish you good luck!

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I love all the input, it's definitely helped me understand where we can improve. If I could also get some input from Primus family members as well, that would be great.

Adobewedge

Reaction score
I've been around for a bit, and one of the projects I feel like we haven't talked about in a long time is Primus Castle near the Nature Preserve. The area was flattened, grassed, and marked as a reserved area to build. Do we still know if that is planning to go through or did the idea fall into the project abyss?

Also I've been constantly working in the Primus Nether base improving and expanding when I have the patience to stare at NetherRack for an hour. We're (Or at least I'm) hoping to set up a rail line to a Blaze spawner and have a nice Nether Wart farm for our alchemists or at least to export to the other families.

And I also plan on adding something neat to the top floor of the barn, which is currently not in use by anything.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I've been around for a bit, and one of the projects I feel like we haven't talked about in a long time is Primus Castle near the Nature Preserve. The area was flattened, grassed, and marked as a reserved area to build. Do we still know if that is planning to go through or did the idea fall into the project abyss?
This is the first I've heard of this. Could you find the location on the livemap for me? I'm definitely interested in furthering the project, if it's been abandoned.

Adobewedge

Reaction score
It was some sort of plan that was floating not to long after we had finished the wall and were terraforming the desert area in the north if I recall. T101 was clearing land around this area:

The cleared area marked with a sign you can barely see is the area reserved for the "castle" that never came. You can see part of my compound in the top right, and what is basically an abandoned home to the left of it/top center of the picture. (I would love to tear this down. :cool: )

The small building to the bottom left is new (Within the past two weeks or something) and the big building on the left is home to a single chicken. The Church of Primus is obviously on the top left.

As for the status, I would consider it abandoned. If the current oldest, active Primus member doesn't remember it then I doubt it's taken up by anyone. There are no plans for the building and no actual idea for the use of it other than being a sweet castle.

If I could suggest an idea, rather than a castle we should build a sweet Primus Meeting Hall where we gather and have lively discussion over a rad transforming piston long-table that springs from the floor when the meeting begins.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
If I could suggest an idea, rather than a castle we should build a sweet Primus Meeting Hall where we gather and have lively discussion over a rad transforming piston long-table that springs from the floor when the meeting begins.
Why not both? :cool:

If there are no objections, I think we can reopen the project. I'll inspect the grounds sometime tomorrow, and begin drafting a design for it.

As for the suggestions from non-Primus persons, I'll be in contact with the other family heads to see how we can improve our foreign relations. Perhaps some co-op family projects, or something.

LISTINGS09

Ain't afraid of no ghost
Reaction score
Website
www.4thdp.com
I originally planned the castle. It's strange how everything else suddenly becomes way more interesting when things hit 75% built, it's a good thing I didn't start it =P

Also that dudes house can be removed, I finished it just to make it not look so bad. There is a LWC'd door on it tho.

brandonn_c

Reaction score
A castle themed meeting hall, I also think that the piston table sounds really exciting. I do think we could become more social, and we need to be on more often, it feels like a ghost town whenever I'm on. Also Prizzy you can rename the Shudder District, I just named it that because it sounds mildly cool, all the buildings in there belong to you, and are therefor your responsibility. I would also like JoeThePro123, Seann_G, Asel_M and Trent_G's house's to be destroyed. I know them personnaly and they have made their dislike for Primordia very obvious. I do know the password to Sean and Joe's house and I will let you in if needed. Overall, I think we just need more building, mainly useful but buildings just for aesthetic reasons are ok. I intrust my house to @LISTINGS09 I would give you my possessions, but I give them all to Teh Vault!

Yours Truely
Brandon C

Also I didn't mean to post the first part of this where I said wait for it, I just meant to go down 2 lines.

All the best,
Brandon C

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
A castle themed meeting hall, I also think that the piston table sounds really exciting. I do think we could become more social, and we need to be on more often, it feels like a ghost town whenever I'm on. Also Prizzy you can rename the Shudder District, I just named it that because it sounds mildly cool, all the buildings in there belong to you, and are therefor your responsibility. I would also like JoeThePro123, Seann_G, Asel_M and Trent_G's house's to be destroyed. I know them personnaly and they have made their dislike for Primordia very obvious. I do know the password to Sean and Joe's house and I will let you in if needed. Overall, I think we just need more building, mainly useful but buildings just for aesthetic reasons are ok. I intrust my house to @LISTINGS09 I would give you my possessions, but I give them all to Teh Vault!

Yours Truely
Brandon C

One other thing, @AngelWV, please ask Wortho to stop raiding and killing Dagon members, they are our allies, and I'm sick verbal attacks at each other after it all. Thanks.

Also I didn't mean to post the first part of this where I said wait for it, I just meant to go down 2 lines.

All the best,
Brandon C
Please don't post about Raids, If a family leader/council has proof of a neutral family member raiding, then they should contact us through PM, and not by a user in Public; If you don't have proof then please remove what you just edited in and make a conversation with the Primus council and Aeres council (DKnucklehead, AngelWV, Onfire37, Emosquirrel, Defiant_Blob) Or just with DKnucklehead.

• Informative
Reactions: brandonn_c

brandonn_c

Reaction score
Please don't post about Raids, If a family leader/council has proof of a neutral family member raiding, then they should contact us through PM, and not by a user in Public; If you don't have proof then please remove what you just edited in and make a conversation with the Primus council and Aeres council (DKnucklehead, AngelWV, Onfire37, Emosquirrel, Defiant_Blob) Or just with DKnucklehead.
Humblest apologise Angel.

@LISTINGS09
@Ogarci
@Adobewedge
I'm getting bored so I'm going to start building foundations, are we going with cobble, like the cathedral, or traditional Primus wood and logs?

Reactions: Friendy

Blazingsand

Reaction score
Personally, I feel we're too passive. When we're raided, we don't really do much about it. Our policy as the wiki states it is "We will always retaliate against any hostile actions directed at individual members or at the sovereignty of the family." I've seen very little of this. Other than that, more community build projects would be nice.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score

Yours Truely
Brandon C

All the best,
Brandon C
Shudder District sounds fine as it is. We should meet up some tome and destroy the old houses.... actually, keep the houses. They can be useful for accommodation. Also, the PCC is probably going to happen sometime this month, because I've found a good plot to use.

brandonn_c

Reaction score
Also, I think Trent_G wanted to get banned and destroyed Asel's house so that's one more.
Just a few questions:
Will the castle be Orken Original(Log border and Wood fill in) or like the Cathedral(Cobble, smooth stone and stone brick)?
How many rooms will there be and what will be there uses?
How are we decorating the inside and outside?
And if we are using it as a meeting place, what will the prcedures be?

Please note I am in a different timezone to most of you, meaning that this is my main source communication, so please answer.

Adobewedge

Reaction score
We have no current blueprint in mind. @Ogarci and I cleared the main house in the building area last night before logging off for the day. We don't have any solid plans of what it should look like, what to be used for, etc. We do sort of have a consensus that it should be a meeting hall like area or at least include one. Other than that, materials, floors, all of that still needs to be decided.

Other than that, it seems our massive chicken population and half dozen sheep have disappeared. I'm working on brining the populations back to nominal levels (6-10 depending on animal). We have also somehow acquired pigs. We lack cows.

I also politely asked Kap to remove his "Time machine" object from the area near Lag's house/the Barn area and am planning to expand the pens for the animals.

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
I'm willing to put in the man power for the castle and possibly supply some of the materials needed. I think that a stone structure, like the cathedral, would look nice. But the inside could be made of wood.

Reactions: Ogarci

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I also politely asked Kap to remove his "Time machine" object from the area near Lag's house/the Barn area and am planning to expand the pens for the animals.
I don't mean to get ahead of myself with project ideas, since we haven't even started Primus Castle yet, but speaking of animal farms, whats 's the status on this place?

If it's no longer going to be used as an animal farm, perhaps it could be converted into a town? It's got walls and flattened terrain already, and seems to be and ideal place for a tiny town. Obviously I don't own it (does Listings?), so if select parties would be willing, I think this is prime space for another project. Thoughts?

brandonn_c

Reaction score
Ohh! How about this @Ogarci and anyone else who can be bothered to read this. So, on the outside, we make it look really old and castly, and on the inside we'll retro fit it to make it look modern. Also, I'd like to design the meeting room, my design has 1 grand mighty chair for a leader out the front with to smaller either side for the lead councils. In front of that will be 2 seat, 1 for each of the mayors, then it will go up in different layess/rows, the people with high status in Primus will sit up the front, then people with high status in the game over all, then citizens. If you want a seat, ask.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't mean to get ahead of myself with project ideas, since we haven't even started Primus Castle yet, but speaking of animal farms, whats 's the status on this place?

If it's no longer going to be used as an animal farm, perhaps it could be converted into a town? It's got walls and flattened terrain already, and seems to be and ideal place for a tiny town. Obviously I don't own it (does Listings?), so if select parties would be willing, I think this is prime space for another project. Thoughts?
I saw this place when I was taking a boat from Bastia to Orken. This place definitely has some potential - maybe we could make another town?

Status
Not open for further replies.