(CTF) Quarry

radman573

Reaction score
Name of your map: Quarry
Creator(s): radman573
Map size: um....... not so sure, although it looks big, there really is a limited amount of area that a peep can go :D
Round time: The standard time for CTF rounds (10 min?)
Teams [Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/None]: Red and Blue
Game type [KOTH/CTF/FFA/MvM/PLR/PL]: CTF
Time of Day: 6000
Biome: Plains

Which blocks need to be ob [cannot be destroyed]?: No block can be destroyed

Cannons [obsidian]: 0
Jumppads [endportal]: 0
Boosters [daylight sensor]: 0
Item Spawners [chiseled stone brick]: 0

# of 'None' Spawns: 0
# of 'Red' Spawns: 1 ----> Where picture #3 shows
# of 'Blue' Spawns: 1 ----> Where picture #10 shows
# of 'Green' Spawns: 0
# of 'Yellow' Spawns: 0

Sorry for lack of cords, I cannot seem to be able to use the schematic and create a world out of it to see. Once I am able to, I will state the requested cords.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/e604GrP,jlrfN04,X1...3IA,V79r8hM,EO12CBN,MnZFruf,qST8Wlz,bRDMTHd#0

Download link: This is the link to the SCHEMATIC: http://imgur.com/5q42Y3J,8v4xSkV,XFtZ5jH,Ncl642p#0

Unfortunately, I do not know how to turn that^ into a world that I can look through so... the cords will be delayed until I can do so :( If you wish to see it without using the schematic, you can go to BuildBox and type /warp radman573, that will take you to the center of this map, everything that needs to be opened is already opened.

Additional comments: I just thought it would be interesting to mix things up every once in a while. I know the map isn't symmetrical but everything has been taken into account to ensure that one team does not have an advantage over another :D

There are many ways to get from one place to another, which will just add to the excitement instead of the predictable paths of the other CTF maps.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken a while to respond to this.

Initial thoughts are that it looks really good, but very complicated. I can't exactly tell where you would go when capping the flag. I will respond later when I have checked it out.

radman573

Reaction score
No problem, thanks for responding :D

There are several ways to get up from the bottom and down from the top but there are also many ways to get around the top and bottom which is what I meant when I said different ways to cap the flag. :D

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
This map looks amazing! I think it would be a great addition.
I understand what smoking says about it being a bit complex but I think after a short time it would be easy enough to navigate.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
It is more complicated than I thought! It worries me that the path to the flag has a lot of confined spaces such as the doors just before the flag that people could just constantly place TNT at making it easy to defend. It is quite a long way between the flags and I just cannot see this working, although I do acknowledge the effort you have made with the aesthetics and trying to make an unsymmetrical map!

So think about changing the doorways to the flag so that they are bigger, and also underground do not have so many different rooms and passageways that do not lead to the flag, just to make sure people can find the flag.

• Agree
Reactions: Pikmon2

radman573

Reaction score
Ok, I have done everything that you asked :D

The new schematic can be found where I placed the old one in the main post and you can still get to the map via the warp I provided in the above post. Here are some screenshots of the changes :
http://imgur.com/5q42Y3J,8v4xSkV,XFtZ5jH,Ncl642p#0

It might not be clear right away, but I added a tunnel going into blue flag that can be seen on the left in the 2nd picture. This just makes it more fair with the red as people can climb a ladder straight into red spawn and gain access to the flag from there. Also, it might not be apparent in the screenshots, but I widened the stairs and many of the passageways to the flag.

As for the reason why I have some strange tunnels and such, this was originally going to be an AoD map, but I wanted to use it for TNT first. I filled in/blocked out all of the tunnels that I felt were too complex for CTF and if any remain, please tell me so I can block them too :D

Schematic thingy here as well: http://imgur.com/5q42Y3J,8v4xSkV,XFtZ5jH,Ncl642p#0

Reactions: Pikmon2

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Searched and searched for this map so I could make a schematic of it but couldn't find it. If you could show me where you made it so we can make one together, then that'd be great. Map looks good from screenshots, I just need some way to get the map! :p