[CTF] 2Fort

Intervention

Reaction score

Name of your map: 2Fort
Creator(s): Me , Inter_Vention. Original map design by Valve.
Map size: 142 x 48 x 127 (a lot of this is aesthetics beyond the playable map area)
Round time: 10:00
Teams [Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/None]: Red vs. Blue
Game type [KOTH/CTF/FFA/MvM/PLR/PL]: CTF
Time of Day: Noon
Biome: Desert

Which blocks need to be ob [cannot be destroyed]?: All of them (entire map, please say if I have to put individual blockIDs)

Cannons [obsidian]: 0
Jumppads [endportal]: 8 (all in bridge and barracks)
Boosters [daylight sensor]: 0 (1 decorative daylight sensor)
Item Spawners [chiseled stone brick]:0

# of 'None' Spawns: N/A
# of 'Red' Spawns: 2 spawn rooms, total of 6 blocks of redstone for red spawn.
# of 'Blue' Spawns: 2 spawn rooms, total of 6 lapis lazuli blocks for blue spawns.
# of 'Green' Spawns: N/A
# of 'Yellow' Spawns: N/A
Please remove the lapis and redstone blocks that I have placed as spawn markers.

Notes for devs/map-admins:
Whoever determines the power of the jumppads will have to play around with it as well as talk to me, so we can make sure that players aren't able to jump over the iron fence or the nearby roofs.

Screenshots: A fully detailed guide to my map.
http://imgur.com/a/e1MpD#0

You can also /warp to it: /warp 2Fort

Download link: In schematics under 2Fort
Additional comments: If you're familiar with the game Team Fortress 2, you know 2Fort. This map is essentially a TnT conversion of the staple of FPS maps. Long story short, it's the classic Red vs Blue showdown. Two bases (schematically identical, aesthetically unique) are separated by a bridge. As a CTF map, the goal is to penetrate deep into the enemy base, extract the flag, and bring it to yours unscathed.

Intervention

Reaction score
Bah! You beat me to it. Looks nice, good luck.
this map looks amazing :D
Thanks guys! :D

One thing I would change are the lilly pads, kinda annoying IMO
I see what you mean, placing TNT down there results in the TNT being placed a block higher- the sewers are meant for someone to run through when the opposing team forgets to defend it, though. Some playtesting would tell. Thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: Pikmon2

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
To stay in the TF2 theme, I feel this hats description represents my reaction to this map.​
You clearly put lots of effort into this submission which is something you dont see much of :p
I would love to see this added and I think it would make a most excellent addition to the server.​

• Agree
Reactions: Swate

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
I remember seeing this whilst it was a work in progress--the upper area wasn't finished-- I really like what you did with it and the details here and there. It looks like a nice map to play in, but I think that some players might use the grenade to jump onto certain areas that aren't considered playable. Can it be turned into no-build and take the use of grenades out?

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
I remember seeing this whilst it was a work in progress--the upper area wasn't finished-- I really like what you did with it and the details here and there. It looks like a nice map to play in, but I think that some players might use the grenade to jump onto certain areas that aren't considered playable. Can it be turned into no-build and take the use of grenades out?
I dont see why that would be necessary, world borders would fix most of that, and why would you go grenade jumping to somewhere where nothing/no one is?

On a side note, I hardly see anyone grenade jumping anyway.

Intervention

Reaction score
To stay in the TF2 theme, I feel this hats description represents my reaction to this map.​
[snip]​
You clearly put lots of effort into this submission which is something you dont see much of :p
I would love to see this added and I think it would make a most excellent addition to the server.​
This made my day, thanks a ton man!

Yeah I remember you talking about no roof lol. See what I meant now? Haha

I dont see why that would be necessary, world borders would fix most of that, and why would you go grenade jumping to somewhere where nothing/no one is?

On a side note, I hardly see anyone grenade jumping anyway.
Thanks for the feedback guys! Problem is, if the opposing team gets to places they shouldn't in the enemy's base, it could be really frustrating.
I see you talked about world borders. Are there some sort of invisible barriers mapmakers can put to prevent players from going to certain places?

Intervention

Reaction score
I dunno if there is a CP gamemode or anything of the sort, but I beg of you do CP_Egypt for your next map. This is beyond awesome! Egypt or dustbowl please :)
I'm thinking of doing maybe a Payload map from TF2 but I played on TNT and saw a few maps from video games, I'd like to see how the community likes maps based on other games before I flood the suggestions with them.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I dunno if there is a CP gamemode or anything of the sort, but I beg of you do CP_Egypt for your next map. This is beyond awesome! Egypt or dustbowl please :)
I'm thinking of doing maybe a Payload map from TF2 but I played on TNT and saw a few maps from video games, I'd like to see how the community likes maps based on other games before I flood the suggestions with them.
Alright, FYI, some other good maps from Black Ops 2 that could be decent for any gamemode:

Standoff
Hijacked
Raid...

Or wait
Maybe I could make one
:x

Intervention

Reaction score
Alright, FYI, some other good maps from Black Ops 2 that could be decent for any gamemode:

Standoff
Hijacked
Raid...

Or wait
Maybe I could make one
:x
As I said, I'd have to see how accepting the community is of remakes. If they like the idea, you can be sure to expect more from me. Thanks for the feedback!

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys! Problem is, if the opposing team gets to places they shouldn't in the enemy's base, it could be really frustrating.
I see you talked about world borders. Are there some sort of invisible barriers mapmakers can put to prevent players from going to certain places?
Yep, they are added once the map has been imported into TNT. I believe Sparkly and Sephhh and Smoking take care of that.

Intervention

Reaction score
Yep, they are added once the map has been imported into TNT. I believe Sparkly and Sephhh and Smoking take care of that.
Awesome. If one of these three could post and tell me how to specify where I want the magical force fields, with ice blocks or something, that would be fantastic!

DJJonosound

Ex CTNT/PTNT Op
Reaction score

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Yeah, it's possible to add invisible barriers, though it will take quite awhile to finish placing them all. Another possible alternative is adding zones, but I'm not really sure how that works.

Intervention

Reaction score
Yeah, it's possible to add invisible barriers, though it will take quite awhile to finish placing them all. Another possible alternative is adding zones, but I'm not really sure how that works.
Awesome, thanks! I'll be sure to work with whoever's in charge of those.
Now, some more feedback on the map, anyone?

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Of course the map is great, as it has always been.

We can definitely work on ensuring people don't go out of bounds, we can add invisible blocks as Sephhh said or if needs be we can work on another alternative. It should work fine, we will pop it in the server for some playing around and testing if Sparkly agrees.

Intervention

Reaction score
Of course the map is great, as it has always been.

We can definitely work on ensuring people don't go out of bounds, we can add invisible blocks as Sephhh said or if needs be we can work on another alternative. It should work fine, we will pop it in the server for some playing around and testing if Sparkly agrees.
AWESOME thanks!!! Please tell me when you're going to have it tested on the server, I'd love to be there and hear feedback firsthand. Thanks a bunch!