Crashb23's Adventurer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score

Staff references (Con+): None
Time spent on the server: 9 days, 20 hours.
Other server ranks (present and past): Zombie Trusted- April 23, 2012 until October 5, 2012. SMP/JtE Operator- November 21, 2012 until Present Day
TeamSpeak: Y

How would you describe the responsibility of the rank you apply for: After the bloodbath at the end of SMP 4, many people were tired of the constant pvp. On the new server, pvp was drastically reduced, to the great joy of the masses. However, many people continue to enjoy good fights and challenges that are not met through normal Minecraft gameplay. For this reason, dungeons were created, to test the bravest and most skilled of our players. These aspects of our server help set us apart from other SMP’s, and they help draw people to Blocktopia. Because of this, the Adventurer rank is vital. The Adventurer adds new dungeons to the server, including ones they make themselves. The Adventurer then maintains these dungeons, and updates them if they ever become too easy, difficult, or outdated. This rank requires constant attention to the job, as well as ample creativity to create dungeons that aren't just difficult, but fun as well.

What experiences have you had with dungeons, and the plugins you might use?
In-game, I have attempted every dungeon that’s been released, but I have only managed to complete Ignis successfully. I have also designed a completely underwater dungeon, but at the time of submitting, it was not polished enough to be added to the server. I have experience with WorldEdit for the creation of dungeons and a very small amount of experience with EpicBoss. I haven’t used any other plugins, but I am sure I will be able to learn.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, what makes you the one that stands out? In my time on the server, I have tried to exemplify the characteristics of maturity, dedication, and responsibility. I also stick with whatever project I am doing, and don’t leave anything half-done. Because of this, I would be a reliable choice for this position. However, I’m not a robot. I have many new ideas that I can bring to the server, and I will do my best to implement them into the system. This combination allows me to be a great fit for the rank of Adventurer.

Tell us about your experience as an Operator: During my time as Operator, I did my best to present new ideas, and give input on others’ thoughts. In addition, I learned much more about the behind the scenes running of the server, through IRC and the Staff Channel. Of course, I also checked out a couple million tickets, (slight exaggeration) and answered every conceivable question about rules and gameplay. It may not sound fun, but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time as an Operator.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: When I was six years old, I hosted a Crash Bandicoot themed birthday party at my house. The walls were filled with Crash themed drawings, and I had a Crash cake. However, the very best part was the Crash body-slam (a frequently used move in the game) I took a Crash picture, tied it to a pillow and put a small book on it. Using a pulley, I hung it above a door, and placed a sign at the door instructing guests to look up. It was ingenious- a guest walks in the door, they look up, and are body slammed by our favorite Bandicoot. It was a great party! I feel that this story describes me decently well, although my sense of humor is a little bit better now :)

Sincerely, hopefully, and Handsomely,

Russell

(Best of luck to all other applicants!)

LagWarrior

SMP Veteran Operator
Reaction score
What experiences have you had with dungeons, and the plugins you might use?
In-game, I have attempted every dungeon that’s been released, but I have only managed to complete Ignis successfully. I have also designed a completely underwater dungeon, but at the time of submitting, it was not polished enough to be added to the server. I have experience with WorldEdit for the creation of dungeons and a very small amount of experience with EpicBoss. I haven’t used any other plugins, but I am sure I will be able to learn.

Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, what makes you the one that stands out? In my time on the server, I have tried to exemplify the characteristics of maturity, dedication, and responsibility. I also stick with whatever project I am doing, and don’t leave anything half-done. Because of this, I would be a reliable choice for this position. However, I’m not a robot. I have many new ideas that I can bring to the server, and I will do my best to implement them into the system. This combination allows me to be a great fit for the rank of Adventurer.

If i recall correctly, I think I remember your dungeon you've made. And honestly, it didn't really catch much of my interest. It did need some polishing! On the other hand, it is good that you have some experience with EpicBoss and dungeon mechanics. Another plus is your willingness to learn!

As for the second question, I agree with what you said fully. You do a great job showing those characteristics. I remember when you made a pig racing event, even though i couldn't really attend, I helped you out with it. Another thing is that you said you stick to projects. Hell, I get side tracked most of the time and get lazy with projects I do. This is an important factor too since most of an adventurer's time will be working on build projects!

Reactions: crashb23

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I recall right this is the third staff role application you have made now, well third time is the charm maybe? Well anyways, firstly I'm curious about this underwater dungeon you made as I never got the chance to see it, it sounds like a good idea in theory, but as said by Lag, it needed polishing in some aspect? However the creativity and ambition to attempt such a dungeon is evident to me, a lot of planning would have had to go into it for it to be playable! The only qualms about I have is you are afk pretty often, at least when I see you. Then again we do have opposite timezones it seems so I think that is possibly why, I do expect that you are a lot more active at other times.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
This application is great, and you've taken prior stabs at the rank before. In the time between your first application for a Staff Role and this one, you've improved a lot and have taken the advice given to heart. Quiet and devious, you make an awesome part of the team and are quick to help out when someone needs it.

With this in mind, I have decided to accept you as an Adventurer. I am sure you will do well, and the other Staff Roles and I are here to help, and teach you commands! Welcome to the team, and have an awesome time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.