Crafting Restrictions Thread

Reaction score
Ok,

Well obviously with the new crafting restrictions there have been plent of complaints, suggestions, etc. And it was all expected.

We understand that this is new, different, and it makes life much harder... but Primordia is a semi-hardcore RPG server. We're trying to put a bit more hard into it's core ;)

However, we are willing to give you guys a go to make suggestions/alterations to the crafting restrictions we have currently. In the end of the day, you guys are the ones who should have the most say. So go ahead and either suggestion removal of a restriction, add a restriction or anything in between!

Just an important note: We are only going to accept suggestions with completely sound logic... ones which point out a FLAW that we made. Any complaints such as: "It's really annoying that I can't..." or "I used to be able to but now I..." won't be looked at! :p We will try to be as reasonable as possible though :)

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I guess it would make sense that Smiths would make cauldrons? Metal and all.
Good point though they are mainly a decoration. limiting then would then have to entail limiting one from compressing ingots to block as well, since it trails the same line of logic. Metal decoration that is. Even though it holds water I believe only smiths can make buckets, correct me if I'm wrong.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Good point though they are mainly a decoration. limiting then would then have to entail limiting one from compressing ingots to block as well, since it trails the same line of logic. Metal decoration that is. Even though it holds water I believe only smiths can make buckets, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm a Mason, I can craft Buckets but I don't think I get exp for it.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
I find it troubling how the crafting of a bow is linked to one professions as opposed to the archer class. For example, if a archer had just died and lost his bow, and had no money or contact with any smith, as well as already having chosen their profession other than smith, they would not be able to have a bow for killing. I'm not sure if the restriction is also on arrows, but if it is, that should be an archer specific craftable item as well. Think about the archers without bows that can't defend themselves!

Araidian

The Lucario
Reaction score
I find it troubling how the crafting of a bow is linked to one professions as opposed to the archer class... Think about the archers without bows that can't defend themselves!
Kind of building off of this, and it sounds whiny I know,
but if there were more then one type of bow (metal types), this wouldn't be a problem. I could easily make due with a stone sword or wood. But this kinda conflicts with the point of an archer. Their main purpose is to use a bow, and not having an alternitive is kind of making the class a little null and void.

Sorry if this is whining, just maybe a suggestion. (NOTCH should make Crossbows dammit.)

Reaction score
Ok; I've gone through what you guys have said and made the following changes:
  • Only Alchemists can make cauldrons
  • Allowed farmers to use all hoes
  • Allowed Masons to use iron and gold shovels
  • Bows aren't restricted
  • Allowed only Masons to build Gold and Diamond blocks
Changes should take place next restart/upload. I'll fix all EXP issues later :)

Reactions: Araidian
Reaction score
Allow Smiths to craft Watches and Compasses.​

I think it would make sense, considering you need Gold and Iron to do so, and Smiths are basically the ones smelting to craft tools and such.

And I would consider Watches and Compasses as tools. :p
Derp. I had no idea they couldn't (O.O")

Well I'm setting it so everyone can make them. Smiths would become too overpowered if yet another thing was restricted to them! :) Besides, they're more for decoration...

Edit: The wiki page is also updated x)

Edit 2: Made watches restricted to Alchemists... as they are mystical and magical!

Reactions: Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
@UltimateBudgie

-On the Crafting Restrictions wiki page, you had 'Yes' set under All for Watch, but No under everything else. :p

-You also have some blank skill descriptions for Endurance [Smith], Arrow blast [ArcanicBolt], Sonic Boom​
[Reaper], Void Blade [Reaper], and Ice Brand [Reaper].

-Under Seer, for Dampen, you have your description as "Players with X% mana or less can't hurt you (passive)".​

-I'm not sure how it works, but it says it's passive and it has MP usage and a cooldown.​

This is all I saw for now, but just some things I thought I should point out. :p

Reactions: Jayfeather

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
@UltimateBudgie

-On the Crafting Restrictions wiki page, you had 'Yes' set under All for Watch, but No under everything else. :p

-You also have some blank skill descriptions for Endurance [Smith], Arrow blast [ArcanicBolt], Sonic Boom​

-Under Seer, for Dampen, you have your description as "Players with X% mana or less can't hurt you (passive)".​

-I'm not sure how it works, but it says it's passive and it has MP usage and a cooldown.​

This is all I saw for now, but just some things I thought I should point out. :p
You may also point @EonLatias as he is on our wiki team now

Reaction score
@UltimateBudgie

1. Fixed, it's restricted to Alchemists :p

2. That's @Iguana 's job as he used those skills and I have no idea how he knows what they do :p But I fixed the Endurance one!

3 - 4. It /is/ a passive skill. Iguana just put a mana and cooldown for it for some derp reason :p Fixed!

5. I really need to add the new Seer skills/update the whole thing. Mental note for me to do it when I get back home

6. Yay, Eon has been a really good help and is awesome to have!

Reactions: Duffie

EonLatias

Reaction score
Ah, I was planning on fixing somethings yesterday, but I fell asleep right away as I returned home, then I did some stuff with other people.
At any rate, yeah, I'll just watch this thread as well then.

Corso_theRed

Reaction score
I thought the restrictions apply to crafting only, not using the items. I went ahead and got an enchanting table made, yesterday. Being a mason, I can't craft it myself of course. Anyway, to my dismay, I was told only the mage tree can enchant? Correct me if iam wrong but if this is true then ... wow... huge letdown :(

While alchemy, as a profession, is at least able to make potions, you need to have a specific primary class to enchant stuff? Any chances this could be changed so that everybody can enchant items? I'm sure you can think of something other related to item-player interaction, something with less of an impact.

As a Gladiator, I can repair my stuff on a long cooldown. This doesnt compare in any way to being able to enchant all kinds of items with neat effects.

EonLatias

Reaction score
I thought the restrictions apply to crafting only, not using the items. I went ahead and got an enchanting table made, yesterday. Being a mason, I can't craft it myself of course. Anyway, to my dismay, I was told only the mage tree can enchant? Correct me if iam wrong but if this is true then ... wow... huge letdown :(

While alchemy, as a profession, is at least able to make potions, you need to have a specific primary class to enchant stuff? Any chances this could be changed so that everybody can enchant items? I'm sure you can think of something other related to item-player interaction, something with less of an impact.

As a Gladiator, I can repair my stuff on a long cooldown. This doesnt compare in any way to being able to enchant all kinds of items with neat effects.
While I'm not sure about Illusionist+ and Cleric+, Sorcerer+ can enchant, as well as Runeshots, I believe. Well yes, enchanting stuff it great, but sometimes weapons get insanely strong from it. If you give a Diamond Sword a huge buff easily, then Warrior classes get easily overpowered. But that's just my biased viewpoint as a mage, so...

Fnug

Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt it be "as a MASON i can repair my stuff"? The Gladiator class itself grants nothing but the skills it offers (same goes for every other class except higher mage tiers + the mage archer tier by the way).

But on to my own problems here ;)
I am a little bit distressed by the fact that i as a miner can't in any way repair a Diamond Pickaxe. Because neither smiths nor masons can hold one. Maybe a mason (working with stone and stuff) could be allowed to wear one,too or maybe something in the way things work can be changed so you can at least equip them but not use them. I would REALLY like to repair my pickaxes *big puppy eyes*

Corso_theRed

Reaction score
I might have mixed mas/gla skills up when looking at is. Which makes it even worse. That mages can do enchanting and other classes get jack. How about fixing the numbers with having everybody access to enchanting in mind and this becomes much more fair and ... well ... fun!

This stuff about diamond picks and miners is another thing. I'm silently ranting to myself why there is so much useless garbage on the webshop all the time. Nothing worth buying whatsoever. The craft restrictions should be RPG enough, but putting the "use" restriction on top of it marginalizes the economy like crazy.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but shouldnt it be "as a MASON i can repair my stuff"? The Gladiator class itself grants nothing but the skills it offers (same goes for every other class except higher mage tiers + the mage archer tier by the way).

But on to my own problems here ;)
I am a little bit distressed by the fact that i as a miner can't in any way repair a Diamond Pickaxe. Because neither smiths nor masons can hold one. Maybe a mason (working with stone and stuff) could be allowed to wear one,too or maybe something in the way things work can be changed so you can at least equip them but not use them. I would REALLY like to repair my pickaxes *big puppy eyes*
They can hold it if they place it in the inventory slot instead of via hotkeys/scroll wheel.

• Useful
Reactions: Shmid and Fnug