Corporate Mafia - GAME OVER (TOWN WIN) - Socktopia LTD

Iggish

Reaction score
Post #566 on Page 23.
okay so since i can't be arsed to properly ponder over everything i read i'll just read through the thread and write down my notes/thoughts as i do and post them raw

be prepared to get slapped in the face with OPINIONS
I don't think this is a TLDR. This post is just his personal notes and opinions he noted when reading through the thread.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Could you give reasons please.
When I pointed out your no-fire was super scummy. When you implied that me having a doublevote doesn't confirm me town which clearly is a move to discredit me even though Jivvi/Oog said it too. Your useless argument with Danni about literally nothing and your insistence to not lynch Hk untill I said I had a gun then you were like sure lets fire. Much like with Hk, my <o> tells me you're Mafia.

Iggish

Reaction score
Not really anyone at the moment. Notty seems very aggressive but she's always like that so idk. Sploorky is also playing in a similar fashion but I don't recall playing with him before so I don't know his playing style.
Probably go for a no-fire unless more information comes to light.
This is scummy tbh why would you ever want to no-fire today
Because there don't seem to be any viable lynch options and iirc the deadline is in less than 48 hours.
Unvote
Vote Iggish
Yes the deadline is soon, but aqua said that it could be extended if there was an increase in activity.

So if everyone just answers my questions we can prob get more time to figure out what to do.
These are the quotes relating to the no fire thing (excluding Hk's questions of who I think is scummy etc.). I really don't know why it is so scummy. At the time the deadline was in less than 48 hours and I saw no viable lynch options. In addition to that on a personal level, I didn't really see anyone who I found suspicious besides Notty and Sploorky, and they weren't nearly suspicious enough to want to lynch them at that time. So basically, from my point of view, it would've been near to a random lynch and wtf in the point of that?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount

Ooglie101 - Matty (1/10)
Sploorky - hipman500 (1/10)
Nottykitten - Danni122112 (1/10)
Dess - Jolterino, Unusual_Dood (2/10)
Iggish - Nottykitten (1/10)

With 19 players alive it takes 10 to fire and 10 to no-fire.

Deadline: 25/04 11:00pm GMT

• Thank You
Reactions: Nottykitten

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
These are the quotes relating to the no fire thing (excluding Hk's questions of who I think is scummy etc.). I really don't know why it is so scummy. At the time the deadline was in less than 48 hours and I saw no viable lynch options. In addition to that on a personal level, I didn't really see anyone who I found suspicious besides Notty and Sploorky, and they weren't nearly suspicious enough to want to lynch them at that time. So basically, from my point of view, it would've been near to a random lynch and wtf in the point of that?
Which is a clear indicator you weren't actually scumhunting + a no lynch is almost never an option

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Votecount fixed

Ooglie101 - Matty (1/10)
Sploorky - hipman500 (1/10)
Nottykitten - Danni122112 (1/10)
Dess - Jolterino, Unusual_Dood (2/10)
Iggish - Nottykitten (x2) (2/10)

With 19 players alive it takes 10 to fire and 10 to no-fire.

Deadline: 25/04 11:00pm GMT

• Sad
Reactions: Jolterino

Iggish

Reaction score
When you implied that me having a doublevote doesn't confirm me town
Yeah, and it didn't. I didn't think it would be a good idea just for people to believe you are town just because of that. I did it last game with Danni as well, and that didn't end well but the intent was the same.
which clearly is a move to discredit me even though Jivvi/Oog said it too.
Mmk. Sure.
Your useless argument with Danni about literally nothing
How was that scummy at all? I was asking him a question and asking for clarification but there was a miscommunication so it went on for longer than it should have.
and your insistence to not lynch Hk
I'll go back and get quotes I guess. I don't recall being insistent not to lynch him but maybe I just can't remember.
untill I said I had a gun then you were like sure lets fire.
Which coincides with where Hk apparently just gave up and in the couple of posts he made, he appeared very scummy. His actions around when you revealed the gun were not something I would expect from a townie, hence why I chose him as more suspicious over Oog.
Much like with Hk, my <o> tells me you're Mafia.
Ugh, not again.

Iggish

Reaction score
Which is a clear indicator you weren't actually scumhunting
No it isn't, I just didn't find anyone suspicious.
+ a no lynch is almost never an option
When would it be an option if not for the reasons I gave? You also voted for me straight after I gave my reasons, so obviously they weren't to your satisfaction although in my opinion they were perfectly valid.
From my point of view it would basically have been a random lynch and what is the point of a random lynch???

Iggish

Reaction score
doing something instead of doing nothing while the mafia kills you
So basically just being proactive by "doing something". Here, where "doing something" is talking about a random lynch. How is a random lynch where we are more likely to hit a town than a maf or third party, a good idea just for the sake of being proactive???

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
So basically just being proactive by "doing something". Here, where "doing something" is talking about a random lynch. How is a random lynch where we are more likely to hit a town than a maf or third party, a good idea just for the sake of being proactive???
because it means we have less suspects to choose from the next day and we might actually hit something instead of just sitting with our balls in our hands while the maf picks us off one by one

no lynch is only ever a viable option in mylo and debatably day 0, in every other case it's completely bogus

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
because it means we have less suspects to choose from the next day and we might actually hit something instead of just sitting with our balls in our hands while the maf picks us off one by one

no lynch is only ever a viable option in mylo and debatably day 0, in every other case it's completely bogus
in other words:

"You miss one hundred percent of the chances you don't take" -Wayne Gretsky

-Michael Scott

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
we:
discuss current info
try to get reads on everyone
raise suspicions
discuss said suspicions
discussions resolve and help players' reads
discussion may end in a conflict where a player is convinced another is mafia etc

if we lynch at random (or by suspicions {but there's not really that much difference because a rl IS generally lynching the most sus, the most sus just isn't as sus as lynch targets usually are}), we should have a 25-33% chance of hitting mafia.

if we hit mafia, fantastic. one less mafia means mafia has less abilities, less town presence, one less vote, and town has an extra day before the mafia win.

if we hit town, we can look at:
who voted for them
who was leading the bandwagon
who jumped on it without much justification
who started it
who they were suspicious of
what their confirmed role means for the current claims

etc etc
we always want more info and the risk of ml is outweighed by the chance of lynching a maf/the guarantee of getting info

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
So Oog and Notty are confirmed for now. I would say Comp is confirmed but it could have just been a tactic from HK to try to clear him as innocent.

Nottykitten Knowing their role claims, do you trust Danni or Dess more?
HKCaper - Nottykitten(x2), Ooglie101, hipman500, Enderfive (5/11)

I'll consider these people who voted for HK before the vote got too popular (his mafia buddies would probably start bussing after this point) to be innocent for now too.

IMO:

[xtable=skin1|434x159]
{tbody}
{tr=@x21}
{td=208x21}Suspicious: {/td}
{td=210x21}Dess, Iggish{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=208x21}Kinda Suspicious{/td}
{td=210x21}Danni122112, Jivvi{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=208x21}Neutral{/td}
{td=210x21}everyone else{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x21}
{td=208x21}Likely Town{/td}
{td=210x21}hipman500, Enderfive, Sploorky{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x22}
{td=208x22}Town{/td}
{td=210x22}Nottykitten, Ooglie101{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Although I agree with you and believe Ooglie is town, we shouldn't forget that he could be antitown, but mafia is unlikely.

• Confusing
Reactions: Enderfive

Iggish

Reaction score
discuss current info
try to get reads on everyone
raise suspicions
discuss said suspicions
discussions resolve and help players' reads
discussion may end in a conflict where a player is convinced another is mafia etc
Yes, I didn't say that we shouldn't do that, In fact, I was actively participating in that by answering Hk's question, but whatever. I said I would probably go for a no fire unless more information is revealed.
if we lynch at random (or by suspicions {but there's not really that much difference because a rl IS generally lynching the most sus, the most sus just isn't as sus as lynch targets usually are}), we should have a 25-33% chance of hitting mafia.

if we hit mafia, fantastic. one less mafia means mafia has less abilities, less town presence, one less vote, and town has an extra day before the mafia win.

if we hit town, we can look at:
who voted for them
who was leading the bandwagon
who jumped on it without much justification
who started it
who they were suspicious of
what their confirmed role means for the current claims

etc etc
we always want more info and the risk of ml is outweighed by the chance of lynching a maf/the guarantee of getting info
Fair enough. Thanks for explaining it.

• Useful
Reactions: Jivvi

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
But the amount of "suspects" shouldn't depend on the amount of people in the game. It should depend on the amount of people who are suspicious or scummy.
are you sincerely telling me that with less people, but the same amount of maf, the chances of lynching a maf don't go up????