Concerning trees.

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed. Gaia has had a distinct lack of trees in the areas surrounding the capital. People have been cutting down trees but never putting saplings back in the spot where they cut them, this isn't difficult to do, on average you get about 1-3 saplings per tree and its not a huge hassle to have to plant a few of them to prevent a wood shortage, the rare times I do see saplings planted, its usually in spots where the tree has no room to grow.

I've already planted a bunch of trees in the empty fields but I need more gaians to step up and help the cause, saplings and bonemeal would be ideal as it would get the job done quickly and easily. For a family deeply connected with nature and life, we need to have more concern for our barren enviornment! So lets all make Gaia beautiful again ;)

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed. Gaia has had a distinct lack of trees in the areas surrounding the capital. People have been cutting down trees but never putting saplings back in the spot where they cut them, this isn't difficult to do, on average you get about 1-3 saplings per tree and its not a huge hassle to have to plant a few of them to prevent a wood shortage, the rare times I do see saplings planted, its usually in spots where the tree has no room to grow.

I've already planted a bunch of trees in the empty fields but I need more gaians to step up and help the cause, saplings and bonemeal would be ideal as it would get the job done quickly and easily. For a family deeply connected with nature and life, we need to have more concern for our barren enviornment! So lets all make Gaia beautiful again ;)
While yes, no trees makes it landscape a bit dull, it'd be just as bad as having trees spammed everywhere to the point where you can't see and mobs spawn constantly, making the terrain dangerous.
Also I can almost guarantee a huge spike in floating trees.

But I do see where you're coming from.

Mac27

Your local Macintosh XXVII
Reaction score
I would just like to pop in here and note that leaving floating trees is a jail-able offence, and is something we as staff are cracking down on. So I recommend you make it known to your people that leaving trees floating is a more severe offence than they may think :)

Reactions: Duffie

Wyrer

Rooster
Donor
Reaction score
While yes, no trees makes it landscape a bit dull, it'd be just as bad as having trees spammed everywhere to the point where you can't see and mobs spawn constantly, making the terrain dangerous.

But I do see where you're coming from.
I'm not asking for a massive forest, but having to walk way outside of town to find wood is an annoyance. There just needs to be a healthy supply of trees nearby x) And people need to replant after they chop them down.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
I would just like to pop in here and note that leaving floating trees is a jail-able offence, and is something we as staff are cracking down on. So I recommend you make it known to your people that leaving trees floating is a more severe offence than they may think :)
Ah yes, I'm aware of this. I remember earlier on, though, we had pretty much had an entire forest of floating tree e_o Taking only a fraction of them down got me almost an entire stack of logs. I don't want anything like this to happen again :c
I'm not asking for a massive forest, but having to walk way outside of town to find wood is an annoyance. There just needs to be a healthy supply of trees nearby x) And people need to replant after they chop them down.
Ah, yes, this makes sense. A lot of the open land by the capital which could possibly be used for trees, though, is desert x.x

Jalleo

Reaction score
We could have a underground forest built by the capitol to save scarring the landscape with trees where it wont look good. Also this would help in getting more material by just literally mining it all out and replacing with dirt and trees so no one will fall to their deaths if they mine into a strip mined underground mine.

lolpierandom

Reaction score
For farming purposes, I was planning on building a master farm for everything- animals, trees, reed, cactus, etc.

I wouldn't mind having trees around the capital, but it's pretty much desert all 'round it, and inside is supposed to be a no tree zone(@Duffie, @DaniNomsYou, @EonLatias, @Shadowofgods,@Numberplay we still rollin' with that?)

Numberplay

Reaction score
Well it will be hard to fill the political and market areas so adding a few things like a farm will be appreciated. In fact we should have one inside. I think the people should be able to stay in the capital without needs to leave. If people stay inside, this will make our capital safer.

Take example from the primus capital, it is big I know, but this allow them to have pretty much everything kept inside.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Well it will be hard to fill the political and market areas so adding a few things like a farm will be appreciated. In fact we should have one inside. I think the people should be able to stay in the capital without needs to leave. If people stay inside, this will make our capital safer.

Take example from the primus capital, it is big I know, but this allow them to have pretty much everything kept inside.
How will we able to have a farm with all three types of trees along with an efficient watermelon, pumpkin, reed, and wheat farm?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
How will we able to have a farm with all three types of trees along with an efficient watermelon, pumpkin, reed, and wheat farm?
Well, I honestly don't see too much need for a pumpkin farm within our capital.

Wheat could come in handy, for my binding purposes, bread, and cake. :p

Reeds, I'm sure we don't need all that much. If we can make it fit in, we could also have a reed farm building, but I highly doubt that.

Watermelon, just a few rows and we're solid.

Trees... Well, there's always outside, of course.

Don't forget; We can get animals, too. Might as well call those ranches, eh?

This also bring in another question; Will we be having a station for Alchemy, Enchanting, and the such in the Capital? Where would be the best place to hold it? Will it be accessible by everyone?

And is the server still going for the temple idea? Like, are we creating temples within the lands, so that when people join said families, they can have a taste of what they will be joining before they feel they should stay or leave?

Slight wall of text, but it's probably because of my spacing. :p

kraby1

The Big Red Monster From Hell.
Reaction score
As I don't play Primordia anymore, and I have some money, I'd like to give all my money to @Wyrer for him to buy saplings. If you want to wyrer of course.

I can donate the money can't I? @GmK

lolpierandom

Reaction score

It won't be practical. Trust me. The design I have planned is nearly a skyscraper, so for our purposes, a short rail ride from the capital is better.

EonLatias

Reaction score
Skyscraper farm = Outside, I assume, if it will be more on the industrial side.
Alchemy/Enchantments = Not sure, I'd feel like a jerk to privatize it, but still...
Temple = HIDE IT. MAKE PEOPLE SEARCH FOR IT YAAAAAA- Ahem, well, it should be in a nice place.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score

Reeds, I'm sure we don't need all that much. If we can make it fit in, we could also have a reed farm building, but I highly doubt that.

This also bring in another question; Will we be having a station for Alchemy, Enchanting, and the such in the Capital? Where would be the best place to hold it? Will it be accessible by everyone?

And is the server still going for the temple idea? Like, are we creating temples within the lands, so that when people join said families, they can have a taste of what they will be joining before they feel they should stay or leave?

Reed farm would be good for getting le bookshelves for enchantment. And a place for alchemy, enchanting, etc can be in the market area, or maybe in the political area.

Also this seems to be getting somewhat off-topic from trees.

gettinthere

Reaction score

I am willing to donate anytime. The animals will need a large place as they do frolic around.

Other than that, the farms need to be manual. Any redstone farms could be too large as they give uneccesary space for pistons and wiring.

As for brewing stands, I have one. I have 3 stacks of bookcases for enchanting. And you can ask Lee for enchanting tables.

Also, I would prefer if the enchanting room was adjustable for the levels of powerups.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
IOther than that, the farms need to be manual. Any redstone farms could be too large as they give uneccesary space for pistons and wiring.
I still don't see why they should be manual.

I mean, what does an extra set of blocks used for redstone take up space for? It could even be an underground farm, possibly.

I'm not that great with redstone, but I know well enough that there are some amazing stuff that make life on Minecraft easier with it. :p

Also, I would prefer if the enchanting room was adjustable for the levels of powerups.
For this, we can bring redstone into this, too. We can have sticky pistons, or the switcheroo thingy with bookcases, to switch out certain bookcases to change the levels of the Enchantment Table. :D

lolpierandom

Reaction score
Easy, although the main problem with that is the sticky pistons. I've found a nice compact design for it, though.

I still don't see why they should be manual.

I mean, what does an extra set of blocks used for redstone take up space for? It could even be an underground farm, possibly.
Redstone at max should add another column, and another row to a farm. It doesn't add too much space, and quite frankly, saves a LOT of space.