Community Community News - 26 August 2016

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
From my experience owning a DarkRP server for 2 years, there are a lot of kiddos on GMOD too.. When we were a minecraft community was it full of little kids that were annoying? I've always thought weve had a more than average maturity level in our community since I've joined. People are gonna rip on Minecraft, its a joke, a meme. I could say the same about gmod and its toxic playerbase. I choose not to though, because I know its a joke that gmod is toxic, and that it really isn't like that if you find the correct server with good rules.
Well maybe DarkRP is full of younger people but the point is there are many games out there, games which we may want to expand into in the future, which aren't full of younger people, and who aren't going to want to join our community if we're Minecraft based. When we were a Minecraft community, 1) a lot of us were young, and 2) Minecraft wasn't as filled with younger players if I remember correctly, but now it is and I think we should be aware of that.

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Donor
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Well maybe DarkRP is full of younger people but the point is there are many games out there, games which we may want to expand into in the future, which aren't full of younger people, and who aren't going to want to join our community if we're Minecraft based. When we were a Minecraft community, 1) a lot of us were young, and 2) Minecraft wasn't as filled with younger players if I remember correctly, but now it is and I think we should be aware of that.
Possibly, I know DarkRP is a more kid centered gamemode, but that still doesn't address the "Toxic" joke that I do know isn't true at all really. I just don't think its fair to label Minecraft as a kid game when I know a lot of people who are 15+ that play on the servers.

I do agree though, we need to keep everything game friendly.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Possibly, I know DarkRP is a more kid centered gamemode, but that still doesn't address the "Toxic" joke that I do know isn't true at all really. I just don't think its fair to label Minecraft as a kid game when I know a lot of people who are 15+ that play on the servers.

I do agree though, we need to keep everything game friendly.
Oh no I wasn't saying it's a kid game, I'm just saying, it definitely has the reputation of being and it does certainly attract a lot of younger people playing it, though of course there are players who are much older. Apologies if I wasn't clear on that.

• Love
Reactions: Hex

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Okay look, this isn't a discussion thread it is the community news, this has been going on for long enough now, lets just wait until there is a course of action and the admins decide to open up discussion yeah?

Thread closed.

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Okay look, this isn't a discussion thread it is the community news, this has been going on for long enough now, lets just wait until there is a course of action and the admins decide to open up discussion yeah?

Thread closed.
There is absolutely no reason to lock this thread. The discussion that has been going on has been productive and community members should be free to state their opinions on the situation as they feel over the news this week. I'm going to re-unlock the thread.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
AoD Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
There is absolutely no reason to lock this thread. The discussion that has been going on has been productive and community members should be free to state their opinions on the situation as they feel over the news this week. I'm going to re-unlock the thread.
I appreciate the unlock of the thread Ronaldo. Anyways, if it's such a huge issue then creating a thread dedicated to this topic would be ideal and wouldn't take hours to set up but in 10 minutes. It just looks like you are locking the thread for damage control honestly. But on the other hand, I can understand why you did lock the thread because it's not the place to have a discussion of this type.

Anyways, is someone going to do a TS meeting? I heard that Friendy might be planning it out but I don't know if its confirmed. Obviously, its time to create a thread instead of waiting and direct the discussion there. It's been like 1-2 days with no thread dedicated to this topic.

Last edited:

CloudBryan9

Your Local Time Traveler
Reaction score
What if we rebranded the MC servers back to Blocktopia and kept Escape Restart as well? Hear me out on this.

What if Escape Restart is the overall arching community and Blocktopia is a "sub community" that was absorbed and run by ER. So you could say in advertisements "Bocktopia an Escape Restart Minecraft community." You could think of it this way in gaming, EA has multiple titles, developers, and communities under its wing.
What I am proposing is that Escape Restart is the "EA" and Blocktopia is one of the "game developers" making MC servers. By doing this, TTT will not change since it is directly run by ER.

This could open up more options in branching out to other games. Where the name Escape Restart wouldn't fit in.

There are however three cons to this idea. That I can think of off the top of my head.
1. Might be confusing to some people. Especially if we don't 100% clearly state that Blocktopia is run by ER.

2. Would require us to maintain multiple domains. And if we add another game using a different name, we have to buy that domain. $$$

3. Risk of further dividing the already fractured community. That said, the Blocktopia section of the forums would be for MC related stuff anyway. So it might not hurt as much as I thought. (Sorry thinking as I type.)

Reaction score
I appreciate the unlock of the thread Ronaldo. Anyways, if it's such a huge issue then creating a thread dedicated to this topic would be ideal and wouldn't take hours to set up but in 10 minutes. It just looks like you are locking the thread for damage control honestly. But on the other hand, I can understand why you did lock the thread because it's not the place to have a discussion of this type.

Anyways, is someone going to do a TS meeting? I heard that Friendy might be planning it out but I don't know if its confirmed. Obviously, its time to create a thread instead of waiting and direct the discussion there. It's been like 1-2 days with no thread dedicated to this topic.
Right because that won't develop in you or anyone else yelling over other people to prove your flimsy reason to stay escrestart and not change the name back

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
People here have brains?
Hmm, we used to have a mature server until the overhaul.
ALL HAIL THE EIGHT YEAR OLDSSS!!!
XxSwagatronix123xX I'm looking at you.

PvpMaster2008
LordofPuppies
HeyIt'sBob
Vat is a scrub.
I'll stop now.

̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

Last edited:

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Because there's so much ask for a discussion thread, I will open it soon.
In the meantime calm down with responses here, I added it in for transparency what's being thought about, there are no plans being made yet.

Also Ronaldo I would prefer if you didnt just overrule forum moderator decisions. Not going to argue now whether it was good or not to lock it, but this way there's only more chance for shit.

edit: http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/name-discussion-and-suggestion-thread.20065/

Last edited:

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Going off topic-- but can I help the advertisers with any drawings/photoshop/gifs they might need.

Back on topic--- community possibly going back to blocktopia? whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-????
Hit me up on discord :)

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Did I hear SMP? that should be interesting
˙uʍoʇ ɹnoʎ uᴉoɾ ǝɯ ʇǝl ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝuǝddɐɥ ɹǝʌǝu ʇɐɥʇ 'ǝsɹnoɔ ɟO

˙pop uᴉ uʍoʇ uʍo ʎɯ uᴉ ǝɹǝʍ ʇɐɥʇ sʇsǝɥɔ pǝʞɔolqun ɯoɹɟ ƃuᴉpᴉɐɹ pǝʌol I ˙lɐƃǝl ƃuᴉpᴉɐɹ ʇsǝɥɔ ǝʞɐɯ ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙sʇsǝɥɔ pᴉɐɹ oʇ uɹnʇǝɹ ʇsnɯ sǝdɹǝHsIǝlᴉƃɐɹℲ puɐ 'ԀWS ɟo plɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ǝɔɐɹƃ oʇ suɹnʇǝɹ ʞunɹp ǝɥ┴ ¡lᴉɐɥ ll∀