Community Community News - 25 November 2017

Nillbugwtw

Zombier than thou.
Community Admin
Donor
Reaction score

Community News 279 - 25th November 2017

Community

Want to host an event? Check out our new CDE guidelines!
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/community-event-guidelines.20879/

Donations
If you have some money spare, we would really appreciate a donation! We also have a Patreon page where you can donate however much you want monthly, and gain a Discord donor rank if it's over $5/m: check it out here! https://www.patreon.com/escaperestart

Vote Here!
Voting helps make our server more visible and is the easiest way to give our server free publicity. On top of that, you get rewards for doing it. Please help us out!
http://escaperestart.com/forum/pages/VoteHere/

Discord
Join our Discord here!
• Give feedback/suggestions in #discord-feedback!

EscapeRestart is hosting a full month of events for the holidays! Click the image (or here) for more information!

Create
This week's Crayola colour is: ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅((>

General:

There's a speedbuild event on the 16th of December, check this thread for more information!

Discord
We can see your pings again on Discord, but we can't respond without coming online. We're waiting for this to be dealt with. Still waiting :) As always, use @RoF Staff if you ever need help.

RoF is hosting a Deathrun event on the 8th of December, check this thread for details!

Staff Changes
Arelic has resigned from Controller.

General
Join AoD on the 2nd of December for our winter event! Check this thread for details.

Server Changes:
  • All mobs now share the gold dropped between players (including bosses!)
  • Increased spawn invulnerability time
  • Revive prices are slightly cheaper, and now can be used anywhere in your inventory
  • Added a fourth option in voting

For map makers:
  • Increased the customisability of the mob config:
    • Mobs can now be set to spawn at specific waves and
    • Can set to have different gold drop rates
    • This applies for boss mobs too - they can be disabled or changed wave
  • These changes will be reflected in the map info thread when the update goes live

We're hosting a Christmas SMP with snowballs, eggnog, fruitcake, and others! Join us for the holiday spirit from the 17th to the 24th of December! SMP staff is also hosting the Hunger Games and helping with the CTF event. Check this thread for more information!

No news, progress still on pause. Hoping to find the time to continue work in December but can't make any firm promises yet.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
We have 21/21 Mods+
Controllers are E X T I N C T

What about 1.14 "Aquatic Update" Danni122112 ?
Its going to overhaul oceans - basically its going to make wet part of map outdated.

You still have cheatyface and jolt as Controllers though. Did Arelic jump to AoD admin somewhere?
Help fix the low player count, raxo. Please.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
You still have cheatyface and jolt as Controllers though. Did Arelic jump to AoD admin somewhere?
Help fix the low player count, raxo. Please.
I guess I can ping cheatyface and Jolterino
Why FreakyCupcake is listed as SMP staff on forum roster?
It seems like Arelic completly resigned from AoD.

• Confusing
Reactions: Mastersten

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Freaky is SMP Mod. Cheaty and Jolt are SMP Controllers. (here and here) I'm Discord Admin.
I know, that jolteon and cheaty are smp controllers.
Weren't all previous SMP mods removed? Or only Freaky decided to stay as Moderator for next SMP?
On unrelated note we have only 13 Minecraft staff - rest of 21 staff are 5 TTT and 3 non gaming servers staff.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I know, that jolteon and cheaty are smp controllers.
Weren't all previous SMP mods removed? Or only Freaky decided to stay as Moderator for next SMP?
On unrelated note we have only 13 Minecraft staff - rest of 21 staff are 5 TTT and 3 non gaming servers staff.
There wasnt an actual "fuck all of you" removal of mods, we just removed the inactive ones. Freaky is still helping.

Regarding the aquatic update, that looks really interesting. The map is already generated, but we will certainly look into adding those features in a nice way. Knowing how mc generates stuff we might even make it better =)