Community Driven Event (CDE?) Ideas!

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Hi all!

So the thing I made got officially accepted! I'm calling them CDEs, short for Community Driven Events If you haven't read-
https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/proposal-community-driven-events-servers.20864/#post-401597

As someone who knows the basics of running various servers (not just minecraft) I can definitely say that I'll be taking part in this. So I wanted to gather a list of ideas from everyone on what they think would be neat CDE for someone to do.

If you already have an idea that you're planning on doing yourself, this isn't so much to discuss if it's a good idea or not. It's more of "I think this would be cool. but I have no fucking clue how to do it myself."

Some CDEs I'm considering doing myself and have also thought of:

Factorio server - just play until we get bored (for you Scrable )

Factorio HEAVILY MODDED server -play until we get bored/finish. It's much more complicated compared to vanilla factorio.

Feed the Beast Challenge - Compete to make the most unique factory. Redo of Arcius' Tekkit Challenge if anyone is old enough to remember that.

Modded Build server/competition - Modpack based build server. Chisel & bits, Carpenter's slopes, Decocraft, etc. Like Feed the Beast but in creative mode.

7d2d Redo - just do it again. Get everyone to start from the beginning instead of a disorganized mess and self-competing servers

Space Engineers server - just play it together

Things that aren't necessarily servers but would be cool and can work the same way as CDEs

Gmod tournaments - Teams or individual tournaments. Various gamemodes: TTT, Murder, PropHunt, etc.

CSGO tournament - I don't know the first thing about this or know if people would compete

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - No clue how to organize this, just a thought

Gamenights like Cards Against Humanity, tabletop simulator, or some other shit.

Movie nights. Plan to watch whatever the fuck you want if you can figure out how to do it for everyone.

What are your ideas for events or things you'd like to see?