Coming Soon...

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Yum yum 300 ping csgo can't wait
I know, ping will be an issue :(

If it matters, part of why Jailbreak was chosen was because it doesn't necessarily require great ping to play. We could never run something like a competitive server (and one that's good for a community) since we can't park servers all around the world.

• Informative
Reactions: Velzerat

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I personally think a deathrun server would've been more fun, but will be interesting to see how this one will work out. I didn't know jailbreak was that big of a gamemode.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally think a deathrun server would've been more fun, but will be interesting to see how this one will work out. I didn't know jailbreak was that big of a gamemode.
Jailbreak was chosen because it's more a community mode than anything else CSGO offers in my opinion, but I never really strongly considered a deathrun server. If this doesn't go down so well we may try that, we're open to trialing many servers until we find something that works well!

Question: Why Jailbreak over just normal CS:GO/Arms Race/ whatever? I didn't think Jailbreak was popular with CS:GO at all.
Normal CSGO (assuming a casual competitive kind of gamemode) would us just be providing a server for anyone to play on, it's easy enough for us to run game nights where we can set a server up like this if we'd ever want one. A custom server like jailbreak is what we found best to run a server that'd be up 24/7 and allow a community to be built.

Reactions: Velzerat