Closed for now

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
Due to crash issues that could not be fixed within the last few months, and the server taking considerable resources away from our other servers, and with Premium Lava coming up - we have decided to close A&T for the time being.

For the time being means: It can and will be used for e.g. Events, and if we ever figure out why it crashes constantly like an elephant trying to drive a racecar on drugs, we might reopen fully again.

T'was a good time & concept, but Bukkit&Minecraft were against us with this. The server might even come back in a different form some time, reduced, streamlined.

We will see!

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
Sorry for tagging, but GmK , could ex a&t staff have a choice if they want to become premium lava staff while a&t is down? It's ok if you don't, it was just a thought if people want to keep their ranks.

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Anyone interested in staffing LSMP will have to apply for a staff rank, just like any other server. Staff applications will open a couple weeks after the server is open and everything is settled.

I'm not interested in handing out staff ranks to people that have no experience staffing our current classic Lava server, as both servers will be very similar, and the current staff have experience working with dirtcake and I.

LEGOMAN2134

Reaction score
Due to crash issues that could not be fixed within the last few months, and the server taking considerable resources away from our other servers, and with Premium Lava coming up - we have decided to close A&T for the time being.

For the time being means: It can and will be used for e.g. Events, and if we ever figure out why it crashes constantly like an elephant trying to drive a racecar on drugs, we might reopen fully again.

T'was a good time & concept, but Bukkit&Minecraft were against us with this. The server might even come back in a different form some time, reduced, streamlined.

We will see!
Premium Lava! :D well some things must come to an end but better things are waiting for us

• Agree
Reactions: Notme

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
I'm not interested in handing out staff ranks to people that have no experience staffing our current classic Lava server, as both servers will be very similar, and the current staff have experience working with dirtcake and I.
So one would need to have staffed Classic Lava? :S Or can one also become eligible by accruing enough hours in Premium Lava?

• Optimistic

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Let me clarify:

The staff for the server opening are being handpicked and will likely only consist of those that are current staff or were awesome classic lava staff in the past.

After the server is stable, which I'm estimating at two weeks, then persons may apply in the normal application fashion.

• Informative
Reactions: Notme and Duffie

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
I really did not like closing the server, as it was my baby that I dreamt up last year. But we - as Blocktopia - stand for excellent server quality, and A&T currently could not live to our standards.

But, Dragosh already has some ideas on how to develop the server, so we will see what the future holds!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Duffie

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
I really did not like closing the server, as it was my baby that I dreamt up last year. But we - as Blocktopia - stand for excellent server quality, and A&T currently could not live to our standards.

But, Dragosh already has some ideas on how to develop the server, so we will see what the future holds!
Oh jeez, that reminds me of the first time we opened A&T.

We've come a long way since then, I would think. Lost some, gained some.

No where to move but forward. I'm sure A&T will continue to be awesome, after some configurations. ;)

As for Premium Lava, I may just try that out. I liked Lava to some extent on Classic, but I got so used to Premium that I never really got back into Classic. Sounds like it'll be fun, if all things work out right.

Alkatraz

Reaction score
It is a shame to see A+T go, it has after all, been around for quite a while now, but hopefully it will return in one eventy form or another.

There are only 3 A+T staff members who are NOT staff on other servers, the Director and the 2 Developers. So I have no idea why some people were trying to get a instant rank on another server.

Hamish

Reaction score
Real shame for A&T to be closed, it was and still is a really great concept for a server!

I hope it will make a return some day! :)

• Optimistic