Classic Zombie Nostalgia

le_badcop

Reaction score
Person here who used to really enjoy Classic Zombie while it was still a thing. Has any staff considered doing something to bring it back to life (no pun intended) in some form. Maybe an event that occurs once a month for a day? Any feedback from staff would be appreciated.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
They did open up a Classic Zombie server awhile back (maybe last year?) and I'm sure that they can bring it back up if tons of players were interested in a short weekend event. Though, to be honest, I don't think it would be a good idea to seeing how Classic TNT went.

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
We have had two events where we've run the server for a weekend, however the server was quite empty on the second event after the initial launch, so I'm not sure it would really be sustainable.

Saying that though, I did start making some changes to the server so we could potentially run it as a permanent-ish server, however I never finished it. We were thinking about running it on ClassicCube, although it seems there are very few players who actually play classic (at the time I'm writing this there are 7 people on classic servers in total) so it probably wouldn't be sustainable to do that.

Considering the noticeable drop in players between the first and second time the event was run, I wonder if there would be enough interest to run it again and try it out? A poll would probably be best I think, but if there's enough interest I see no reason whatsoever that we can't run the server as an event again at some point soon.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Zombie TNT LAVA classic servers, if we do bring back, it should be for a weekend, friday to sunday. The playercount cannot be sustained for longer, and as long as people are interested, it could be a good time.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
When we did that Classic TNT server a couple of weeks ago, I got on for maybe 3 hours total because the only thing keeping me there was that one day when maybe 12 people were on?
I couldn't keep any interest since the one weapon I had any hope of proficiency with was cannon, and that was hella expensive when not on that one or two maps with it.

Though I did get a sick shotgun double kill surprise after falling from the sky. That was good and funny.