City defense planning

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
While we do got our own city planning thread, I'm gonna create our own defense plan section here, because it's such a big subject it needs it.

We need walls, as friendly said a mountain is a good starting point. However there is absolutely no way to keep raiders out without a roof.

This is because we got enderpearls on the server. They wont be a problem for the first day(s) due to class restriction, and not such a big problem the first week(s) because the other families including us will want to save them for something else early on.

However, give my any base without a roof, and some enderpearls and I can guarantee you that I have gotten into a base like that before, and I will again. I have and can get over a base with 200 meter walls, with multiple enderpearls. I have gotten into a base at 240y with a TNT canon, a jungle tree and some enderpearls.

That leaves me with that if I have something to say in this matter we will either have a sky base (which we are not, because they are silly) or a wall and a roof.

My suggestion will be to have our inner city with medieval walls, let's say 12 blocks high,. This will be impossible to get past without enderpearls.

Now get ready, HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, my plan is, if someone else does not have a better idea, to ontop of our walls have a fucking high glass wall. With a glass roof. I dont like to live behind high walls that cant be seen through, and we need both walls and a roof.

(DGH DGH DGH DGH)

Reactions: Fragile

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
Have a fucking high glass wall. With a glass roof.
That's what I was thinking. Specifically, two or three layers of stained glass, so it's hard to see inside our city. That way, we can also set up fake cities around the server once we have the resources.

Another good option might be a roof with lava on it (this is legal if they know about it, right?). That would kill anyone who tries to enderpearl into our base (unless they ender glitch, which is illegal). If we did a lava roof with glass under it, we also wouldn't have to worry about mobs spawning in our city.

The big problem with this is finding a source of lava, since infinite lava sources can't be made anymore. Until we can get enough lava, just a glass ceiling works.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
For the love of god I am not building a god damn glass dome over everything, I am fine with glass roofs to an extent i.e. where it makes sense, but I will murder you if we end up just glassing the place nilly willy

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Specifically, two or three layers of stained glass, so it's hard to see inside our city. That way, we can also set up fake cities around the server once we have the resources.

Another good option might be a roof with lava on it (this is legal if they know about it, right?). That would kill anyone who tries to enderpearl into our base (unless they ender glitch, which is illegal). If we did a lava roof with glass under it, we also wouldn't have to worry about mobs spawning in our city.

The big problem with this is finding a source of lava, since infinite lava sources can't be made anymore. Until we can get enough lava, just a glass ceiling works.
I don't care if they can see in, and making them not being able to see in is extra work, we might do this, but it won't be high priority first week, as while I understand the security benefits from it, we got a lot to do.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
For the love of god I am not building a god damn glass dome over everything, I am fine with glass roofs to an extent i.e. where it makes sense, but I will murder you if we end up just glassing the place nilly willy
I want inner city to be 100% safe. I don't know another way to do that, other than boxing it in, and at last you can see through glass. For now I am suggesting inner city inside glass for protection.

Eventually a very high wall that go a outwards ontop around outer city should be almost 100% safe, but that will be a very big project.

Anyway, this is a discussion thread, I don't care much how we do it but our members have to be safe at all times. We will get a defense squad later, but walls are important.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so it seems enderpearls have been changed a lot since last SMP I played, sorry about that! They now can not be "spammed" and can not be used while falling downwards, so it will be basicly impossible to get higher than one enderpearl, which is good for defense, not so good for raiders.

What does that mean for us? An enderpearl got a reach of ca 48 blocks, so jumpboost and everything taken into concideration a wall that is 60 blocks high will be safe.

I wont type more on that subject for now, as most of what I have said already applies, 12 blocks high will be safe in the start, and now 60 should be safe "forever".

• Agree
Reactions: Digitalis