Chillingworth presents: The Make-a-Lobby Competition!

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
Tired of the current lobby map?
Want to help out the community?
Then this is your chance!

THE COMPETITION:

This competition is a contest in which you, the people, build a new lobby map for our server! The winner of this competition is guaranteed to have their map used as the new lobby, for after server restarts/crashes.

THE RULES:

I.) The lobby must be a small sized map, sized 32x32x32.
II.) Preferably no hiding spots. You can use other blocks besides adminium, but make sure people can't hide in them [i.e. the ground cannot be deeper than 1 block].
III.) Make it interesting! We don't want a plain adminium box. Give it some character!
IV.) Don't make it out of a part of a previously existing map.
V.) To submit an entry, post it here with screenshots. The submission must have screenshots.

THE [IMPORTANT] DETAILS:

I.) For a guaranteed winning map, I need at least 3 entries in this competition. If I have a small selection to choose from, a shoddy map could win.
II.) This competition is endorsed by our friendly neighborhood HC Megatron, meaning the winner is guaranteed to have their map used on the server.
III.) There is no theme. Make what best suits the server.
IV.) I recommend using Epsilon Mapmaking OR AvantGarde's server for making maps.
V.) If you have questions, ask away!

THE DEADLINE:

>> THURSDAY, JUNE 21st AT MIDNIGHT EST <<

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I am going to make a totally awesome map for this, but can it be the equivalent of 64x64x64? I want a rectangle. Fireball and I have already started working on a map.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Moved this to announcements.

I might do my best on a lobby too if I can find some time for it. It would be nice if you add a deadline in the thread so that it's clear when everything has to be submitted.

Worstever

Reaction score
Just an update, there's now a map submission format, so filling that out when you submit your lobby map would be helpful to whoever is judging.

Matt_Allen

Matterator
Reaction score
Website
heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa.com
Name of map : Lobby
Creator(s) : Matt_Allen
Dimensions : 32x2x32
RoundTime : 10 minute
Diggable depth of the map : 1 block
Physics : (off)
Which server did you build your map on? : [Caznowl] Freebuild and mapping
Number of secrets : Zero
.lvl file : http://www.mediafire.com/?cv6f0ygijzga455
Description of map. : It's a lobby, there are 3 ways to the top, easy, medium and hard, easy is the longest, medium is medium and hard is short
Screenshots of map :

NOTE: THE SPAWN WILL BE EDITED IF ADDED