Implemented changes for some maps

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Brief warning: this is more of a large suggestion compilation. To conserve space and not just appear as a massive wall of text, spoilers have been used.
Please understand that I have a lot of suggestions and I don't want to make 12 different threads for each one.
Shooting Gallery
Describe your suggestion:
Generally improve the map and make it actually beatable (no joke, you can't hope to win at all when every round past 12 the mobs take 1-3 hp from your hp bar of 12 after it's been drained to half)
I want at least two of the following implemented to make the map beatable:

*Slowness arrows in shop - we get the Solar Eruption bow for 29 gold, probably by wave 10. Great bow, but now we really don't have anything more to buy, and it's still not enough anyways.
slowness arrows could also help when dealing with... really anything that isn't a normal zombie
*Wall dispensers - I had them in the latest rendition of the map on Create with the intent that people could use them to have any hope of crowd control.
I honestly don't know why they weren't added; they're simple to use (you just shoot their button), and then they slow or blow up a bunch of stuff, or set fire to something.
*Cobweb barrier - the mobs just come too fast and too many. without any good crowd control, we need cobwebs or it just can't be done.
*grass to slime - the grass layer on the map could be turned into slime blocks, which would slow down all mobs walking across that part slow a little.
*Some other AoE thing people can buy - this would come to be more of what you guys know can or can't be done with ease, and is honestly my least favorite option.
*decreased mob spawns - mobs too many in late waves, end game bow available in early waves? well, this may make things less exciting, but it IS a simple and effective option.

Additionally, just to line up more with what I wanted to have in the map, I would appreciate these changes as well:

*Floating in void - the map is surrounded by useless grass flats, which means that the endermen in wave 10 basically just don't appear for anyone.
surrounding the map with miles of ocean, lava, or void would mean the endermen would be far more likely to teleport into the player box and give the sharp 200 swords everyone starts with an actual use.
*Wither - in my latest version of the map, I had tried to optimize things so that a wither could conceivably fly over to the player box and attack the players by removing the mob spawn ceiling and putting a large hole in the player box ceiling.
The players are well equipped to deal with the wither by having an infinity bow, a hella proj-prot gold mask (that can break if wither isn't dealt with fast enough), and a 1-shot sword.

if the above two suggestions are declined, then I would instead request the removal of the sword and helmet on the basis that they simply are not needed.

Are you willing to work with our staff team to implement this suggestion? (It's okay to say no)

I personally wouldn't question how far I'd go to see my works work.

Duel Island
Describe your suggestion:
This suggestion is for making the map more interesting and to raise the skill ceiling significantly:
*Bring back shields (and add axes) - I understand that shield were removed because people would turtle under a bridge until their shield broke (or until game ended), and yes, that could be a problem, but it would be simple to fix by simply giving everyone a wooden axe.
To give players incentive to use the sword as their primary weapon, the wooden axe is to have no enchantments and the sword may have sweeping edge and do a bit more damage than the axe, though the axe would be use to disable shields.
*Arrows, please - I... honestly don't understand the reasoning behind this particular nerf, to be honest. Maybe I forgot the exact reason why it was done, but we only get like, 5 or 6 shots per life, maybe an extra if someone misses both us and the void.
The reason I'd like for at least double the arrows has to do with, once I've shot 5-6 times, my only remaining option is to use my sword, and a freshly-respawned player knows this all too well.
If I recall correctly, the bow nerf was because shields were removed?
Are you willing to work with our staff team to implement this suggestion? (It's okay to say no)

How ever I can.

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco,

After discussing with the staff team, we've edited both maps with several of your suggestions. In my post below I will explain the reasoning why each change was made or not made.

Shooting Gallery
- Slowness Arrows - They are now in the shops, sold at 4 gold each. While it may be a bit pricy, it'll be more of a late game item after the players purchased the strongest bow.
- Wall dispensers - Hard to notice, similar to the row of TNT already available, and excessive when slowness arrows are already implemented.
- Cobweb barrier - Too strong, hard to see small mobs such as baby zombies
- Grass to slime - Implemented, we felt that this would be a good change to make the map easier than it currently is.
- Some other AoE thing people can buy - No one thought of anything, unnecessary with other changes anyway.
- Decreased mob spawns - Implemented, can be edited later if necessary.
- Floating in void - Implemented, though endermen still act rather derpy.
- Wither - Doesn't work. Also, the wither is meant to be a boss that's challenging, but the sword can kill the wither in three hits. In a map like this one, where it's a bit different from the typical mob map, I would recommend just leaving it out.

Duel Island
- Shields - Shields block all damage unless disabled with an axe. The map is small enough already, and the shield will negate all arrows if the player has their shield up. Having an axe that disables shields will only be useful for close combat.
- Arrows - We felt that the map doesn't really need additional changes, but we did add two additional arrows to each kit.