Challenges

le_badcop

Reaction score
So sometimes on the server, it seems like we have no goal to work towards other than, surviving, killing humans, or at times going for an achievement. This got me to thinking, what if we had actual challenges that would earn some sort of reward, perhaps karma, or if a store is implemented some sort of currency. For example, you would type /challenge, it would give you a set objective, then you would type /challenge accept or /challenge decline. Some possible challenge examples would be, zombify 25 players over the next 4 rounds, or survive the next 3 rounds, while still having runner status, I could go on but you get the picture. To keep people from spamming /challenge to get one they want, you can only receive a challenge about every 10 minutes depending on what directors decide. To cater to less experienced players, you could pick a challenge difficultly as well, with easier challenges having a lesser reward obviously. Thoughts, criticisms everyone

As another idea for the recently implemented "Bloodbath competition" one could earn something like "challenge points" for completing a challenge. Then at the end of that week's competition, whoever has the most points would be rewarded with the ability to create the next zombie skin, and perhaps the runner-ups would be able to choose their own announce, and farewell messages.

Jeff0521

OPtimistic
Reaction score
I like this idea... but I just don't know how I feel about it. I do remember someone (Can't remember who. :c) was talking about adding "trophies", Achievements, or (More) awards.

Of course we have like... 9 awards, but they aren't so easy to get. And 2 of them do not even have an objective.. .-.
But what this person was talking about was milestones of some sort. Such as Zombify 10 > 100 > 1000 > 10000 humans. Each one representing a milestone in that path.

Another example: Survive 10 > 50 > 100 > 500 > 1000 rounds. I quite like the idea.

I'm typing this while falling asleep so excuse me if I don't make sense. :c

• Agree
Reactions: Awwwyea

le_badcop

Reaction score
I like this idea... but I just don't know how I feel about it. I do remember someone (Can't remember who. :c) was talking about adding "trophies", Achievements, or (More) awards.

Of course we have like... 9 awards, but they aren't so easy to get. And 2 of them do not even have an objective.. .-.
But what this person was talking about was milestones of some sort. Such as Zombify 10 > 100 > 1000 > 10000 humans. Each one representing a milestone in that path.

Another example: Survive 10 > 50 > 100 > 500 > 1000 rounds. I quite like the idea.

I'm typing this while falling asleep so excuse me if I don't make sense. :c
I understand the idea you,that person was talking about, but this would be like a random thing, chosen from a list of selections, simply to give you a short term goal to work towards, all the while giving you a lil something for achieving it. Btw, get some sleep XD.

L

Later_Gator

I actually like the concept. However, I briefly developed my own version of your idea:

I was thinking at the start of each round, a challenge (or whatever you want to call it) for each the humans and zombies is announced. A command could be implemented (such as /challenge, but seeing as there are humans and zombies, /challenge could redirect you to the commands /challenge human and /challenge zombie) to view the challenge in case you don't entirely remember it or are just joining. The command would also be periodically announced on the server as a friendly reminder. ("There's a challenge every round! Type /challenge")

Now, as I said before, the challenges will be chosen randomly each round. There would be a list of challenges which would be grouped based on their difficulties (e.g. easy, medium, hard). For example, in one round an easy challenge is randomly chosen, but in the next round a hard one is. This means a player will not be able to choose their challenge, or even be able to determine the challenge's difficulty, which both defeat the purpose of it being a "challenge".

Since the challenges are divided into different categories based on difficulty, they each would affect how much karma you earn if you complete them (i.e. easy challenges would obviously give you little karma, whereas hard challenges would give you a higher amount). This can possibly be done by some sort of multiplier or simply adding on to the karma you'll earn at the end of the round.

Again, this just a brief idea.

Conor

Reaction score
Website
cipbot.webs.com
The coding wouldn't be a problem for your very experienced developers, and it wouldn't be as hard as it sounds.

I love this idea, le_badcop. I think Later_Gator had a really cool concept also. Whether it be continuously running challenges (milestones/rewards), a /challenge command, or a random challenge for everybody each round; this idea rocks. I hope the developers/owners look into it :D

Damer_Flinn

Resident Asha'man
Reaction score
This is a great idea. Perhaps the challenges you won could appear on your /awards list?

And Later_Gator it could likely look for the flag that marks a person as Human/Zombie and just redirect them to the corresponding list. Though I disagree with it giving more karma for difficult challenges; instead I think it should offer more difficult challenges to people based on karma levels.

WinX64

L

Later_Gator

And Later_Gator it could likely look for the flag that marks a person as Human/Zombie and just redirect them to the corresponding list. Though I disagree with it giving more karma for difficult challenges; instead I think it should offer more difficult challenges to people based on karma levels.
Oh, true. That would make it more simple. And that would be amazing if it gave you challenges based on your karma.