Carthage

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score

Introduction

Carthage is the first pre-made town and is located in the centre of the world and serves as the spawntown. All players start their journey there. The town is accessible in two ways: from the west through a desert biome and from the east through a plains biome. The nearest town to Carthage is Palmyra.

Carthage Trades

Fisher stand:
1 Emerald -> 1 Fishing rod
15 Sticks & 1 Bucket of water -> 1 Emerald

Fish stand:
1 Emerald -> 13 Cooked fish
21 Raw fish -> 1 Emerald

Dragon's Inn:
1 Emerald -> 1 Suger Drink (Speed pot I)
2 Emeralds -> 1 Beer (Strength I)
2 Emeralds -> 1 Wine (Instant health)
2 Emeralds -> 1 Dragon's Inn's mix (Weakness)
1 Emerald -> 4 poisonous potatoes
2 Emeralds -> 1 Bed
2 Glas bottles & 3 White wool -> 1 Emerald

Food Stand:
1 Emerald -> 1 Cake
1 Emerald -> 9 Cookies
1 Emerald -> 1 Pumpking pie
1 Emerald -> 3 Apples
20 Wheat & 13 sugar -> 1 Emerald

Weapon Shop:
1 Emerald -> 16 Arrows
2 Emeralds -> 1 bow
2 Emeralds -> 1 wood sword
4 Emeralds -> 1 Stone sword
8 Emeralds -> 1 Iron Sword
15 Stick & 5 feathers - 1 Emerald
14 Flint & 4 cobble - 1 Emerald

Armour Store:
2 Emerald -> Leather Leggings
2 Emerald -> Leather Boots
7 Emerald -> Iron Leggings
11 Emerald -> Iron Chestplate
4 iron & 3 leather -> 1 Emerald

Tools Store:
1 Emerald -> 1 Stone hoe
1 Emerald -> 1 Stone shovel
2 Emerald -> 1 Stone pickaxe
4 Emerald -> 1 Shears
4 Emerald -> 1 Iron pickaxe
4 Emerald -> 1 Iron axe
14 Coal & 3 cobblestone -> 1 Emerald

Blacksmith store:
6 Emerald -> 1 Minecart
6 Emerald -> 6 rail
8 Emerald -> 6 Powered Rail
14 Gold & 6 Sticks -> 1 Emerald

Food store:
1 Emerald -> 3 Bread
1 Emerald -> 4 Baked potatoes
1 Emerald -> 3 Carrots
1 Emerald -> 6 Melon seeds
1 Emerald -> 6 Pumpkin seeds
4 Baked potatoes & 4 Bonemeal - 1 Emerald

Residents
Kurt the Guard - After years of service in the front, he retired to the guardtower of Carthage.

Casper the Drunk - Was once a farmer that lost his farm to a heavy storm, now spending his last money on getting drunk.

Ulrick the Thief - Lives in Carthage longer than most, yet nobody really knows what he is up too.

Olvin the Fisher - Has been fishing in Carthage as long as anybody can remember. He refuses to travel to Port Ostia for better rewards, yet nobody knows why.

Hannah - Is a old woman, that spends her last days looking at the most beautiful side of Carthage.

Pascal - Lost his son at war, he can be very grumpy nowadays.

Darice - Probably the fastest woman of the world. She can run 100m in 10.03 seconds, and no other woman ever came near that. If you ask her about her secret, she answers "singing".

Casandra - One of the most important persons in the world, on your journey to Elysium. She is in love with Justin, and is not aware of the letter posted at the serverrelease.

torty

Reaction score
I like how neither of you saw 4 baked potatoes + 4 bonemeal for an emerald. Less coal and a bunch of a infinitely farmable stuff for the same payout...
Ahh yes, but you are forgetting the extreme levelling from mining coal etc, so even though it's less efficient, you can enchant your gear more often :D

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh yes, but you are forgetting the extreme levelling from mining coal etc, so even though it's less efficient, you can enchant your gear more often :D
Sure, but you can get much more xp running around at night or even just standing in front of an unlit mob spawner (no grinders, of course :)). Also, I'm finding that with anvils you enchant much less often and spend the levels repairing the good stuff instead. Think I've dumped about 50 levels total into making and repairing (a bunch of times) an infinity bow. Totally a good investment.