Capital Plans- Brought to you by French Toast

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
In case some of you haven't seen this on the tree thread;

Well, I honestly don't see too much need for a pumpkin farm within our capital.

Wheat could come in handy, for my binding purposes, bread, and cake. :p

Reeds, I'm sure we don't need all that much. If we can make it fit in, we could also have a reed farm building, but I highly doubt that.

Watermelon, just a few rows and we're solid.

Trees... Well, there's always outside, of course.

Don't forget; We can get animals, too. Might as well call those ranches, eh?

This also bring in another question; Will we be having a station for Alchemy, Enchanting, and the such in the Capital? Where would be the best place to hold it? Will it be accessible by everyone?

And is the server still going for the temple idea? Like, are we creating temples within the lands, so that when people join said families, they can have a taste of what they will be joining before they feel they should stay or leave?

Slight wall of text, but it's probably because of my spacing. :p

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
Honestly, should we have prebuilt homes, but then we can allow them to add to it, possibly for a cost?

Also, I don't think there should be anything interior wise, as they can decorate it anyway they with. :p

But, if we don't go with prebuilt homes, I say we set up a theme for them to build by. As well as specific building regulations, such as how their roofs should be, the style of the roof, materials used (Possibly indoors and outdoors), and plot size, of course.
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/capital-building-regulations-and-rules.3161/

Those are still all subject to change.

Not so Quick half on topic stuff here:
1. I suggested that some of the houses in a street or some whole streets (I forgot to put short in my first post) could be the same style for prebuilt.
anyway if we have some prebuilt houses set up it will push people to go buy a plot to make their house themselves. 2. Who said that all capitol was going to be prebuilt?
we could actually have a certain area of the capitol in each section to not be built for people to rent and build what they want in a designated manner that everyone would be fine on seeing.

3. Even though people do say about the rent stuff I actually forget to do it most days and sometimes i dont go on the computer for a few days so what would happen if I dont go on for a week before the end of the month i haven't got enough money for the rent at the end of the month?

about the setup of the city:
4. why is it that the city is completly set up to be completly seperate cant it be that the upper class area is a bit close to the trees interconnecting with the political area?
Then could both the areas connect to the lower class district of the city that has a market sprawlled accross the cityy by having a few streets going round the city that is just or almost competly shops and stalls and stuff like that?

5. we could also build a few inns around the city for people to have a log out during somehow and have their stuff safely secured while they are in their room by sometype of sticky piston system to lock each bedroom and going into the inn you go through (one of those things that you pay that was mentioned to of been reintroduced for nobles, I cant remember the damn name sorry :()?

6. I do know that using the system that is shown in the picture does make things easier for building but I am not quite sure it will actually work in the long run and if it dosent its going to be more annoying in the long run especially after the city actually gets finished with the road system you are building numberplay.

Sorry if I am sounding critical but my college course gets me to think more with commonsense which really annoys me when I decide I got to change something in my house 5 times in two hours just to make it easier for me later on. (it was all to do with my melon farm aswell and its tiny that made it all the worse :()

Sorry for the big posts I have made this time and the last time when I have posted on this page. I am really bad when it comes to thinking about this stuff.

@Numberplay I am not very good when it comes to designing small houses I have never been. Also I am not quite sure why more of us in gaia comes and chat about this stuff on the forums should we get more awareness out there to the rest of our family to post more things in this area so we can plan faster and better than we are at the moment?
WALLOFTEXTASDFBLARGHY@-@INOLIKEY -boom-

Anyways...

1. I don't understand what you're saying here, really...
2. No one, really, to my knowledge, but I don't want the idea even thought about because that's a huge no-no for me.
3. If you aren't going to be able to get on for a few days to get money and/or pay rent, just let one of use know you'll be away and you can pay when you get back. I haven't discussed this with the council and Number yet, but I'd say if you can't pay rent for a week, maybe there could be a 3 day or 1 week extension if you need it or something.
4. What do you mean by completely separate ?_? I'm sorry but have you seen it in-game...? There isn't going to be any walls separating everything. There are 2 long roads that intersect at the church, too.
5. That's what houses are for.
6. It'll work, I really don't see any way for it not to work. Please give an example or two of something that "won't work in the long run".

And I apologize if I sound a bit harsh.

gettinthere

Reaction score
Meh, in the end, it's just a square house with random materials added in.

In Shizuka, most of the houses were pretty nice, and they were still only 8x7 at the most. I was hoping we could get the same effect. Simple, homey, but also elegant.
You try to replicate the homes from Shizuka. I was never asked to replicate the homes from old SMP by Numberplay. Plus I thought we were to move from Shizuka. We are in a new server.

And if you say "Well too bad.", then I suppose it would be time for me to leave families as I was pushed in two different directions by two different people in power. Understood?

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
You try to replicate the homes from Shizuka. I was never asked to replicate the homes from old SMP by Numberplay. Plus I thought we were to move from Shizuka. We are in a new server.

And if you say "Well too bad.", then I suppose it would be time for me to leave families as I was pushed in two different directions by two different people in power. Understood?
Geez, Gettin...

He never said anything about copying the homes from Shizuka, he is just asking for something similar.

He's not demanding anything, either. If anything, it was a suggestion to have homes more simple, homely, but also elegant.

It is true that Number did not say anything about Shizuka, but Pie is only referencing Shizuka.

I don't control what you do, but I don't think you need to get straight to the point all the time.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
So, seems like things are moving somewhat smooth.
Just poking my nose in here since I feel like as a long standing member of gaia and as a standard citizen that the high-ups are becoming more and more uninvolved with some of the normal people who simply just want to live and thrive.

Cherpah

Reaction score
This is all a bit of a scruffy thread to navigate. Through all of this text I cant find if I can get the good to go for actually making my house. Who do I ask to rent or pay for my lot? Do I need to be supervised with my house? Honestly from my perspective I don't see what us lower class Gaian's can do.

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
This is all a bit of a scruffy thread to navigate. Through all of this text I cant find if I can get the good to go for actually making my house. Who do I ask to rent or pay for my lot? Do I need to be supervised with my house? Honestly from my perspective I don't see what us lower class Gaian's can do.
I do agree that the thread is scattered.

As for what I bolded-
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/capital-building-regulations-and-rules.3161/

I've posted that link so many times now...
Unless you meant other than housing for "what you can do".

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
(Apologies for possible double/necro post, but I needed to update).

So anyways, I've updated the first post with this, but in case you've clicked the thread to go to the newest post (most likely this) and don't want to go back to page one, here is the layout!

Tweaking and changes can be made, but this should be the general layout for everything. I was originally going to go with a larger Upperclass area, but then I saw how few High Gaians we had. I'm hoping that once we finish, more Gaians will be willing to move into the Capital. If we don't have as many, we can extend the market or the political area into the extra space.

Reactions: Duffie

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
@DaniNomsYou so when may we start on construction? We can layout the plots. But I want to open a Potion Shop soon.
I can come on in a bit to start laying out plots for the market area, Eon, if you'd like to help :3 I've just yet to come up with prices for plots and stands for shops :s I shall work on this while I wait to be able to come onto the server :3

EonLatias

Reaction score
I can come on in a bit to start laying out plots for the market area, Eon, if you'd like to help :3 I've just yet to come up with prices for plots and stands for shops :s I shall work on this while I wait to be able to come onto the server :3
Alright. I had a question about shops though, and how they work without being stolen from (like Lag's), is there a thread that addresses this, or should I ask someone else?

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
Alright. I had a question about shops though, and how they work without being stolen from (like Lag's), is there a thread that addresses this, or should I ask someone else?
Hm, not quite sure :S

Also I logged on to find all the wood, stonebrick and almost all sand from the chests by the Snazzy Bridge ALL GONE!

DaniNomsYou

Reaction score
Shadow let Lag and myself take the sand because we didn't need it anymore. Not sure about the rest of the stuff.
Ah, alright. The sand I didn't care about as much, the stone brick and the wood were really important, especially since I'll need logs, wood and whatnot for making the stands for the market :c