Capital Build Thread

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
While I'm not running for leader, I figure we need to start thinking as a group as to what kind of building theme we want to go for. In the end I guess whoever becomes leader will ultimately decide how we go about it, but I believe we should at least come up with as many different ideas as possible so that we can consider all our options.

I will update this as new ideas come in (assuming people have ideas they wish to contribute).

My idea for a capital would be a Minas Tirith style build, a large heavily fortified castle that forces enemies to take a single long and arduous path before they can reach anything of importance or value. One that ideally always gives us an uphill advantage against would be aggressors, i.e. lots and lots of stairs =D

Please put your ideas below and as I said above I'll update this post with new ideas as soon as I see em.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
The center is going to be the most important part of the capital because of the accessibility of it for our
members. I feel like we need to build up farms that could stack up on top of one another 20x20 from bedrock to as high as needed for space efficiency.

I definitely like the idea of a heavily fortified landmark that signifies our family in the center. We should have some form of government space within that building to arrange meetings with potential allies or general family meetings. I feel like we need to make the center accessible maybe we have other secure points that tunnel into an under ground safe route into the capital building.

Overall a pretty good building design idea we could secure the above ground heavily (also depends on if the server is enabling enderpearls) and add bow slots or traps that can be activated if we are being attacked. I'd love to hear other people's input on what they want added because the capital area is going to be something that everyone will want to make use of since it is the most accessible area for family members.

Reactions: Danni122112

Fragile

Not Former Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.clubpenguin.com
We should probably look for some natural barriers for our capital to save on resources. In my opinion, a very mountainous area near a river would be best location-wise. If we could build our capital between three or four mountains, we could also work on expanding the river to go around the mountains, making our capital hard to find and a pain in the ass (but not impossible) to get into.

A wall, of course, would also be a good thing for the areas not surrounded my mountains. If I can, I'll find pictures of the type of area I'm talking about.

EDIT: Something like this, although this exact scenario might be a bit of a pipe dream -

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I love the idea of finding a location with natural protection. Fits in with Gaia and will save us a large amount of time at the very start. As well, the farm built down to bedrock is outstanding as it will get us certain resources very quickly (cobble and coal in particular).

I think building into the ground/mountain (if we are so lucky as to find one) will be very useful early on. It would be very easy to defend a underground/indoor location as there will be few entrances inside, and will save a large amount of time and resources on building as we start off.

Reactions: Fragile

Digitalis

Reaction score
So Danni, what's your vault idea? I've spent the last few days learning how to play with redstone and I have a design in mind, and I'm curious what your plan is.

Hockeyfan1852

Reaction score
So we are going to want to set up a darkroom however it should be roughly 100x100 and 3+ blocks high. Not sure if we should have a layer such as the mining layer that is going to be mined out anyway to build it. We also have to keep in mind we need to have space for the beacons to shoot their lights up. Not sure if we want it in the center or farther away from the capital.

Digitalis

Reaction score
I went ahead and assembled a small imgur album detailing my vault design. The descriptions on the screenshots should explain it fairly well, but if anyone has any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Edit: If I did my math right, this allows for 26!, which is close to 4*10^26 possible combinations, or 400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I don't think anyone's going to be guessing it any time soon.
So as it turns out I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's still a big number. Good news though: if any raider does somehow figure out the code, the lock is simple enough to change the password to it with minimal effort

Last edited:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
So we are going to want to set up a darkroom however it should be roughly 100x100 and 3+ blocks high. Not sure if we should have a layer such as the mining layer that is going to be mined out anyway to build it. We also have to keep in mind we need to have space for the beacons to shoot their lights up. Not sure if we want it in the center or farther away from the capital.
Have it at y11 normal diamond mining level. We need someone with miner rank to make this not stupidly annoying to mine out, I say no more.
Beacons will be long into the future for various or reasons, but we will have them eventually in the middle, good idea.

In my old dark room in JtE I had a light switch with red stone lamps, we can do this now too, as it doesn't "lag"/fuck up spawnrates for the server.

Reactions: Oak Milk

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I went ahead and assembled a small imgur album detailing my vault design. The descriptions on the screenshots should explain it fairly well, but if anyone has any questions or feedback, please let me know!

Edit: If I did my math right, this allows for 26!, which is close to 4*10^26 possible combinations, or 400,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. I don't think anyone's going to be guessing it any time soon.
So as it turns out I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's still a big number. Good news though: if any raider does somehow figure out the code, the lock is simple enough to change the password to it with minimal effort
I got a nice design on BB with item frames, where each item frame got 8 different possibilities. Just having 4 of them would be 8^4, which is already 4000 combinations, if we have like 8, it's uncrackable. The will be in the middle of our capital. With a tunnel leading in from the outside for raiders to go hit their head against the lock. We will access it from the inside through 4 dirt, so that it never needs to be opened from the outside.

In the beginning the city needs to somehow be accessible for the outside, as we are having chests and furnaces inside. When we get th vault finished, next thing to do is putting a combo lock on our gate, so that raiders won't be able to get in and kill us.

If anyone is having troubles understanding the rule logic behind these plans, please tell me.