Calfish's application for operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
In-game username: Calfish

Time-zone: +1 GMT

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?
I usually am online from 3 hours up to about 12 hours each day. Even when I am busy I make time to be on RoF.

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?
To me, the responsibilities of a RoF operator are to keep hold of that nice and friendly atmosphere that RoF has and that we all love. A RoF operator must be very friendly, social and flexible. The operator must be strict and show authority at times, but at the same time be very friendly and confident. This person makes the server much more enjoyable.

Whenever there’s a flood or there has been griefing, the operator must be able to react and think very quickly and be resourceful. This person has to make sure the right people are punished/warned and the victims are helped.

What sets you apart from other applicants?
I am a social, mature, friendly, calm, strict and flexible person. I adapt very easily, have an infinite amount of patience and have a good sense for observation. I am an organised person and love doing management stuff. (I will actually study Internation Business Management next year \o/) I also have experience staffing on different occasions. I’ve staffed on different Minecraft servers (2 Blocktopia servers included.) and on different other games like Runescape Private Servers aswell.

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff member?
I think my greatest weaknesses are that I can sometimes be too strict with people, and the lack of knowing many of my own weaknesses.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?
First I would look for a logical solution to the problem. If I can’t find any, I would look either look ingame, on IRC, on Teamspeak or on Steam if I can find any of the RoF staff members online. If so, I would ask them for assistance with this unfamiliar problem. If there’s none I would message an experienced player/previous staff member to ask if they’re familiar with the problem.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?
I have been Classic Lava Survival operator and A&T Guide. This was roughly 2 years ago.

References:
Coolioruless
CaffeinatedKitty
Std1997
XxNyXoxx
WiiGoGetter

Last edited:

Tamzies

Reaction score
Hallo Cal,
Mede Nederlander, super gezellig dat je terug in het team wilt en ik hoop ook zeker dat je dat gaat lukken. Ik kan nu al wat Nederlandse gesprekken zien in de staff chat xP

Back to English, I really like you as a player and I do think that you are ready for this position. You state that your greatest weakness is being too strict, I do not think you are that strict. Being strict is also a way of Operating, some are more stricter than others. I think you would do well in an Operator Trial and that you can join the team in no-time. Two years ago, you also have been operator, lots has changed, but some things still stay the same. You are fun to be around with and in a very nice time-zone. French, Hoog and me are the only one close to GMT +0 or in GMT +0.

You are pretty mature and very social in chat. I can see you as an Operator on this server and I am of opinion that you can be a great asset to the team. Your application is really kiss, kiss means Keep it Short and Simple. :'-) It is easy to follow and you give good answers on the questions. I do think that the fact that you came back recently is a little bit of a weakness for you, now not everyone knows you and this can be a slight disadvantage.

I think you are very friendly to everyone and I see you typing in chat every so often. I think you can fulfil everything what we expect from an operator and you know what tasks an operator has.

My vote on you is a giant green [BCOLOR=#00ff00][BCOLOR=#ffffff]+1[/BCOLOR][/BCOLOR]!

Tamzies Out!

Ik denk dat je een hele goede Operator wordt en ik hoop je gauw terug te zien in de paarse kleur. Nog een fijn weekend met een heleboel regen! *Ugh* Nederlands weer...

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
Hey Cal <3

Over the time that I was resigned. It gave me an opportunity to just sit back and watch and as I watched you in particular, I noticed you got along with everyone fairly well. you seemed mature, were always willing to help out where you could whether in helping a new player with a first house or letting them stay in your house or just answering questions in chat.

You've also got past staffing experiences though not with RoF but still staffing experiences with Blocktopia in general. I know RoF has it's own set of expectations and requirements that differ from CLS and A&Ts but I think if you were able to be a staff member once without getting into trouble then I see no reason you can't be now.

Though there is one thing that concerns me about you and that is your ontime in general. You've only been active on the servers for around 5 days in overall ontime. Now I know that you say you can participate 5 hours a day thus your ontime should gradually pick up but I'm worried that within a week or two that you'll lose interest in RoF and just disappear. I don't think you're one of those people who would but I felt that I should voice that concern.

Though your ontime currently is low. I feel you wouldn't leave without a fairly good reason and I also believe that your ontime will pick up over the time of this application and your hopeful trial. I think you have the potential to be great RoF Op and I'm all for seeing how you work with the staff team as a trial Operator and just the server in general.

Take a +1 from me.

Sincerely,
std1997

• Thank You
Reactions: Calfish

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
First Off, Excellent Application. You have a very good grasp of what it means to be an operator. That's probably from your experience as an Op a few years back. Your experience an Classic Lava should make it an easy transition.

2 years ago when I myself applied for Trusted on classic, you supported me. I'm happy to be able to support you now. Your a mature and active player, and would make an excellent addition to our staff team. I wish I could have been able to reference you and +1, but for the time being I myself am on trial. However, I am in full support of you joining us.

STD did make a good point. Although you obviously have the required ontime, you could still be considered "new" to the server. I don't remember why you resigned on Classic, but I hope it wasn't for boredom. The server's gameplay can get old, and if you don't have a desire to help and improve the server you may end up here for a month or two and then resigning. I hope this won't be the case.

All things considered, I'm in full support of a trial. Good luck! :)

• Thank You

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
@Ragetastic96 I stopped staffing and playing on CLS because my crappy laptop couldn't handle MC anymore. That's why I totally disappeared. I did came back 1 or two times but this was with immense lag. The main reason I bought a new laptop is to be able to play this again.

Reactions: Ragetastic96

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's no need for a long paragraph for me, the rest of the comments have basically covered my thoughts on you. Thought out application, mature, friendly and helpful - no need for me to go over it again. Good luck!
+1

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.