Caffeina Writes

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Not spoilered because bb codes XD

Gone

She doesn't know what to do.
"I-I'll swim and sail o-on savage seas...w-with ne'er a fear of dro-drowning..."
She's with child, and her soon-to-be-husband is dead.
"A-and gladly ride the wa-waves of life...if you w-will...marry...me..."
He didn't know. She didn't know, not until now.
Kneeling beside his casket, she looks like an angel in mourning.
She cries, her hands on her stomach and her forehead on the cool, smooth wood.
Garbled words slip out between sobs, telling his cold dead body how much she loves him, how much she hopes their child looks like him, how much she misses him already.
It's hard to think about it.
Ever-glowing Light is gone, and he's not coming back.
She doesn't think Guardians killed by magic taint can ever come back.
Then she's swept up into Airis's arms, her brother's strong safe arms, and she turns her face to his chest, clinging to him as if to keep from blowing away.
It's like she's small again, back when they were first creating the world, and he tucks one arm beneath her wings and the other behind her knees, holding her close as Light is lowered into his grave, only letting her down so she can drop a handful of soil in after him.
They stay until everyone else is gone, Death beside them, until she can finally almost breathe normally.
"Airis... I love- loved- I... I love him..."
"I know."
"Please tell me, you won't leave me next..."

Her breath hitches as she looks up at him, at the clouds rolling in over their heads, and Death turns away.
"Don't worry."
He leans down, brushing her hair aside, and kisses her forehead.
She closes her eyes as rain begins to fall, mixing with the tears on her cheeks.

Fiestaguy here :'(

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Her children seemed normal at birth.
In retrospect, she should have realized that they were extraordinary: she was pretty sure that most pregnant women didn't feel a constant breeze, or get the sensation that they were floating. She did, though, and that's what made her and her children special.

Her first child was a boy.
For the first three or four months, all was going as what she'd read was usual, but one day, a sharp wind curled around her, tangling her hair and whipping her dress. Just as quickly, it was gone, but the slightest hint of a breeze lingered until the day her son was born.
Airis was beautiful, born with his father's black hair and her blue eyes. They both loved him at first sight.
He wasn't quite the normal child, though; when he was sad or angry, the wind howled with him, and when he was happy, it seemed to laugh, threading through his hair and tugging at the hem of his shirt. He almost seemed to have control over it, in fact...
But that wasn't his only oddity. He was an only child until he was four, doted on and given almost anything he asked for. Unlike most children, he never seemed to want much- he was content to wander around the backyard, which seemed so very big to a small child.
When he learned he was going to have a sibling, once again against the norm, he was ecstatic that he'd have someone to share things with. He waited, asking every day, "Is she here yet?"
They asked how he knew he was going to have a sister, and he said with great certainty, "I just know."

Her second child was a girl.
Once again, all seemed normal at first. This time, though, she began to feel as if she could float up from the ground when she was happy, but as if she would sink down into it when she wasn't. As with the wind and Airis, it stopped the day her daughter was born.
Alouette was just as beautiful as her brother, though her coloring was reversed: she had inherited her mother's light brown hair and her father's gray eyes. The morning after they brought her home, when Airis first saw her, he held her tiny hand between both of his own and whispered to her, "I won't ever let you get hurt, li'l sis."
And true to his words, he stayed beside her as she grew up, watching over her and teaching her everything he knew.
She grew up loving, sweet as sugar, and it was a normal occurrence to find her with her brother, whether they were talking or playing or falling asleep.
But she as well marched to the beat of her own drummer- she loved being up high, and she liked open spaces much more than enclosed rooms. At times, Alouette quite literally seemed to bounce, and on one or two occasions, it seemed as though she wasn't even touching the ground. Anyone near her gained the same sense of buoyancy, though no one ever figured out why.
And when asked if she and her brother got along, she always answered: "Yep! He's just like me."
More to come \O/

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Her children seemed normal at birth.
In retrospect, she should have realized that they were extraordinary: she was pretty sure that most pregnant women didn't feel a constant breeze, or get the sensation that they were floating. She did, though, and that's what made her and her children special.

Her first child was a boy.
For the first three or four months, all was going as what she'd read was usual, but one day, a sharp wind curled around her, tangling her hair and whipping her dress. Just as quickly, it was gone, but the slightest hint of a breeze lingered until the day her son was born.
Airis was beautiful, born with his father's black hair and her blue eyes. They both loved him at first sight.
He wasn't quite the normal child, though; when he was sad or angry, the wind howled with him, and when he was happy, it seemed to laugh, threading through his hair and tugging at the hem of his shirt. He almost seemed to have control over it, in fact...
But that wasn't his only oddity. He was an only child until he was four, doted on and given almost anything he asked for. Unlike most children, he never seemed to want much- he was content to wander around the backyard, which seemed so very big to a small child.
When he learned he was going to have a sibling, once again against the norm, he was ecstatic that he'd have someone to share things with. He waited, asking every day, "Is she here yet?"
They asked how he knew he was going to have a sister, and he said with great certainty, "I just know."

Her second child was a girl.
Once again, all seemed normal at first. This time, though, she began to feel as if she could float up from the ground when she was happy, but as if she would sink down into it when she wasn't. As with the wind and Airis, it stopped the day her daughter was born.
Alouette was just as beautiful as her brother, though her coloring was reversed: she had inherited her mother's light brown hair and her father's gray eyes. The morning after they brought her home, when Airis first saw her, he held her tiny hand between both of his own and whispered to her, "I won't ever let you get hurt, li'l sis."
And true to his words, he stayed beside her as she grew up, watching over her and teaching her everything he knew.
She grew up loving, sweet as sugar, and it was a normal occurrence to find her with her brother, whether they were talking or playing or falling asleep.
But she as well marched to the beat of her own drummer- she loved being up high, and she liked open spaces much more than enclosed rooms. At times, Alouette quite literally seemed to bounce, and on one or two occasions, it seemed as though she wasn't even touching the ground. Anyone near her gained the same sense of buoyancy, though no one ever figured out why.
And when asked if she and her brother got along, she always answered: "Yep! He's just like me."
More to come \O/
Awe. So sweet. I loved it. <3

Reactions: CaffeinatedKitty

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
you should use hemingway's photographic and cinematic style of prose to make a short story without any plot development or verbose description but still managing to aptly describe the scene. also avoiding are/is/was too, as they're fairly unneeded when using this style.

the lack of secondary noun within the sentence before the use of her makes it sound like the father's a man. kek.

:)

Reactions: Hunter

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
The first part of a rather large thing that is basically me throwing marching band feels sprinkled with unrequited love into a text document.
It was the night before the most tense competition of all, and the band was stuck at a football game.
Granted, it hadn't even started, and they were still in the band room, but still they weren't happy with it.
"How are we supposed to perform our best if report time is 6:30 AM and we'll be here until 10:30?!"
Jasper especially complains, continually ranting as he paces alongside Leander, whose supply of candy is rapidly depleting. Even though he's gone through at least half a bag in the last hour, he's getting irritated- evident in the way he stalks around the room, crunching down on a new lollipop every few minutes.
There are others showing obvious signs of nervousness: Ashlyn tugs on the sleeves of her white drum major's uniform, hoping and praying that she won't get it dirty; Marisol worries that some of the equipment will remain unpacked in the rush to get home and get to bed; Sam wonders who on earth is supposed to get Marisol to the stadium, and if she'll even get to play.
But they're immediately silenced as Ashlyn checks the time, steps onto the podium, and calls them to attention.
"Alright guys, it's almost time to go! Make sure you have your hats and instruments and start going outside!"
As the band room empties and no non-band people show up, Sam sighs, resigned to the fact that no one will help them.
"Ashlyn, can you grab my cymbals and her wheelchair?"
She nods as her brother reaches down to pick up the other girl.
"C'mon, Mari, let's go."
Marisol laughs, teasing him. "Don't drop me!"
Out the door and down the hill, half the band's jackets, money, and various other items stuffed in the messenger bag hanging from the handles of her chair, she ends up in the back of the form with the other percussionists as per usual. Armed with a cowbell instead of cymbals for the night, she grins mischievously, holding Sam's set of cymbals on her lap. As the block settles, every single musician in the right place, Ashlyn calls them to attention once more and swivels around, turning her back to the band.
The band director- Ms. Keefe- nods her approval and she counts them off.
"One, two! One, two, three, four!"
Obediently, the head snare drummer- Joey- begins to tap the beat they're to march to.
And the drumline launches into their cadence.
Playing loud and proud as they reach the stadium, they pause behind the bleachers for a few minutes. It gives them a chance to relax, to go over music if need be, but as they do so, Ashlyn walks through their midst, quietly reminding them of what they have to do.
"Okay guys, I know football games are always exciting, but don't get your uniforms dirty, and especially don't get hurt. Tomorrow's our big day, and I know we can make it."
It's time for them to march onto the field, and she runs back to the head, pausing for a moment to let them get ready, and steps off.
Silent now, they march halfway around the track and stop just before they reach the section where they turn onto the field. The visitors' cheerleaders have left their pom-poms on the track.
They stand at attention for a few minutes as Ashlyn waits for the cheerleaders to move them--then Ms. Keefe tells them to go on ahead, the instructions carried by mirthful whispers from the back to the front of the band. As they step off this time, the cheerleaders seem to realize that no, the band is not going to walk around the pom-poms, and frantically move them out of the way.
As they march onto the grass, they can barely suppress their giggles and snickers.* As soon as they stop, the announcer begins giving the "inspirational reading." It's the same thing that they've used for years, and as Marisol gives Sam his cymbals, she's amused to see that he's mouthing the words along with the announcer.
"Now everyone, please stand for the Star Spangled Banner."
Ashlyn turns to face them, though she doesn't raise her hands yet.
"Band! Horns up!"
They're ready in an instant, and she prepares to begin.
*This really happened to my band. It was hysterical.

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The first part of a rather large thing that is basically me throwing marching band feels sprinkled with unrequited love into a text document.
It was the night before the most tense competition of all, and the band was stuck at a football game.
Granted, it hadn't even started, and they were still in the band room, but still they weren't happy with it.
"How are we supposed to perform our best if report time is 6:30 AM and we'll be here until 10:30?!"
Jasper especially complains, continually ranting as he paces alongside Leander, whose supply of candy is rapidly depleting. Even though he's gone through at least half a bag in the last hour, he's getting irritated- evident in the way he stalks around the room, crunching down on a new lollipop every few minutes.
There are others showing obvious signs of nervousness: Ashlyn tugs on the sleeves of her white drum major's uniform, hoping and praying that she won't get it dirty; Marisol worries that some of the equipment will remain unpacked in the rush to get home and get to bed; Sam wonders who on earth is supposed to get Marisol to the stadium, and if she'll even get to play.
But they're immediately silenced as Ashlyn checks the time, steps onto the podium, and calls them to attention.
"Alright guys, it's almost time to go! Make sure you have your hats and instruments and start going outside!"
As the band room empties and no non-band people show up, Sam sighs, resigned to the fact that no one will help them.
"Ashlyn, can you grab my cymbals and her wheelchair?"
She nods as her brother reaches down to pick up the other girl.
"C'mon, Mari, let's go."
Marisol laughs, teasing him. "Don't drop me!"
Out the door and down the hill, half the band's jackets, money, and various other items stuffed in the messenger bag hanging from the handles of her chair, she ends up in the back of the form with the other percussionists as per usual. Armed with a cowbell instead of cymbals for the night, she grins mischievously, holding Sam's set of cymbals on her lap. As the block settles, every single musician in the right place, Ashlyn calls them to attention once more and swivels around, turning her back to the band.
The band director- Ms. Keefe- nods her approval and she counts them off.
"One, two! One, two, three, four!"
Obediently, the head snare drummer- Joey- begins to tap the beat they're to march to.
And the drumline launches into their cadence.
Playing loud and proud as they reach the stadium, they pause behind the bleachers for a few minutes. It gives them a chance to relax, to go over music if need be, but as they do so, Ashlyn walks through their midst, quietly reminding them of what they have to do.
"Okay guys, I know football games are always exciting, but don't get your uniforms dirty, and especially don't get hurt. Tomorrow's our big day, and I know we can make it."
It's time for them to march onto the field, and she runs back to the head, pausing for a moment to let them get ready, and steps off.
Silent now, they march halfway around the track and stop just before they reach the section where they turn onto the field. The visitors' cheerleaders have left their pom-poms on the track.
They stand at attention for a few minutes as Ashlyn waits for the cheerleaders to move them--then Ms. Keefe tells them to go on ahead, the instructions carried by mirthful whispers from the back to the front of the band. As they step off this time, the cheerleaders seem to realize that no, the band is not going to walk around the pom-poms, and frantically move them out of the way.
As they march onto the grass, they can barely suppress their giggles and snickers.* As soon as they stop, the announcer begins giving the "inspirational reading." It's the same thing that they've used for years, and as Marisol gives Sam his cymbals, she's amused to see that he's mouthing the words along with the announcer.
"Now everyone, please stand for the Star Spangled Banner."
Ashlyn turns to face them, though she doesn't raise her hands yet.
"Band! Horns up!"
They're ready in an instant, and she prepares to begin.
*This really happened to my band. It was hysterical.
I imagined my band in that situation. Actually. I didn't have to. That's like every week xD

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Couple things:
COWBELL
Cheerleaders need to go to band camp once and a while. Atleast at my school they can't keep a line.
Eww you do horns up command my Band never uses it somebody said it once this year, I was like 1 of 3 responses.
Also wimp that happens all the time. Try 2 hour rain delay without canceling the game.
Are those real names
Nice story

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
Couple things:
COWBELL
Cheerleaders need to go to band camp once and a while. Atleast at my school they can't keep a line.
Eww you do horns up command my Band never uses it somebody said it once this year, I was like 1 of 3 responses.
Also wimp that happens all the time. Try 2 hour rain delay without canceling the game.
Are those real names
Nice story
My school's cheerleaders don't know how to yell lol
They had someone yell at the band for being too loud xD
We have one that I can never understand but is basically "snap to attention" which is followed by a response shout from the entire band, and then "horns up" which means exactly what it sounds like XD
Ugh I hate rain when it comes on Fridays/Saturdays >.< but really I have to complain about that because lower state every year end up sleeping at 11:30 and then have to wake up five and a half hours later it's horribleee >.<
And no, not names of people in my actual band :p they're my own characters, but they do "live" relatively near where I do for the sake of familiarity lol

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
My school's cheerleaders don't know how to yell lol
They had someone yell at the band for being too loud xD
We have one that I can never understand but is basically "snap to attention" which is followed by a response shout from the entire band, and then "horns up" which means exactly what it sounds like XD
ha Cheerleaders can't cheer
Is the commend actually "snap to attention" or is it like a military like ten hut thing or wat?
Iv never used horns up since freshmen year dey hate it or something.

CaffeinatedKitty

Intoxicated Feline
Reaction score
ha Cheerleaders can't cheer
Is the commend actually "snap to attention" or is it like a military like ten hut thing or wat?
Iv never used horns up since freshmen year dey hate it or something.
I guess that's it[ten hut] I just never try to write it because whenever I hear it I just can't understand what on earth Ms. Drum Major is saying xD in my experience, I've only had female drum majors lol

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Generally some form of ten hut is used in most marching minds that's not weird.
My Band says "Band, hut ten hut (hut)"
Nearby police dispatcher (hopefully, hasn't happened yet, but some day..) "we've got a report of a public disturbance by the high school".