C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
If we say there are three scum, then three people are going to be throwing votes to put pressure on town

It would take two people that are town to go along with a mafia vote to have the game be controlled by mafia

Look at how Tim retracted his vote; the doubt is creeping in.
T'was a vote to see what would happen afterward, but it didn't yield much.

One thing I need to know before I make my next (hopefully valuable) post is, who believed my claim immediately, and who expressed doubt? I could go look myself but I don't have time. This is my busy part of the week!

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score

One thing I need to know before I make my next (hopefully valuable) post is, who believed my claim immediately, and who expressed doubt? I could go look myself but I don't have time. This is my busy part of the week!
I would say I believed the claim, however, I did express doubt with you potentially being SK and just covering your tracks <3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
And I did notice the mafia not targeting vocal players, which is kind of the opposite of what I'd expect. I'm going to venture a guess and say that it's because there's enough flak around each of us to get mislynched.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I believed it

I would say I believed the claim, however, I did express doubt with you potentially being SK and just covering your tracks <3
Why did you wonder about him being SK lying but not mafia?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Had a quick look back and seems like its this

Alisha - very slight doubt at first but by the end of the page said she believed it
UNU - didn't say an opinion for a while but then a couple pages later said he believed it
Shadow - said it was believable but only gave a slight town read on you so I guess had a bit of doubt
Fog - said he was les sus but said we should wait to see if any more double deaths happen, and then said you could also hold off for the rest of the game and "slot your throat when you least expect it"
Choco - believed it
Molten - didn't mention it

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The reason I asked if because anyone who had even a small amount of doubt in my claim was absolutely right to do so. Don't worry, this isn't the part where I say "Gotcha, I'm the serial killer!" but at the time, there was no evidence to suggest that I wasn't SK. So the people that expressed doubt, Fog, Alisha, and to a lesser extent Shadow I guess, seem a lot more town than they otherwise might. I don't blame anyone for not doubting me, but if I was SK, I may or may not have played very similar to how I have thusfar.

But now that Choco has claimed doctor, and everyone else VT, we know that one of two things is true:
Choco and I are both proven.
We're both lying.

To be honest, I had never thought that people would look at me as mafia, but considering it now I can definitely see how we could like a pair of mafia members. <-< >->

I believe that Fog is town. And I believe mostly that Alisha is town. And Choco is confirmed.

So that leaves Infy, Shadow, Molten and Unu.

Fog, Alisha and Choco, which of these people do you think is(or are if you think Alisha is mafia) town?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The reason I asked if because anyone who had even a small amount of doubt in my claim was absolutely right to do so. Don't worry, this isn't the part where I say "Gotcha, I'm the serial killer!" but at the time, there was no evidence to suggest that I wasn't SK. So the people that expressed doubt, Fog, Alisha, and to a lesser extent Shadow I guess, seem a lot more town than they otherwise might. I don't blame anyone for not doubting me, but if I was SK, I may or may not have played very similar to how I have thusfar.

But now that Choco has claimed doctor, and everyone else VT, we know that one of two things is true:
Choco and I are both proven.
We're both lying.

To be honest, I had never thought that people would look at me as mafia, but considering it now I can definitely see how we could like a pair of mafia members. <-< >->

I believe that Fog is town. And I believe mostly that Alisha is town. And Choco is confirmed.

So that leaves Infy, Shadow, Molten and Unu.

Fog, Alisha and Choco, which of these people do you think is(or are if you think Alisha is mafia) town?
Why do you think fog is town?

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because doubting is a reasonable thing to do.
And up until Choco claimed, there was no reliable reason to believe that I wasn't SK.
I mean, you gave your reason, and it makes sense. But look at it this way: In any setup without a 1-shot vig in it, it's a perfectly safe place for an SK to hide. Kill once, then again at the end of the game.

Actually, shit, I just gave you a reason to still be doubting my claim. Uhh...Good thing I'm not SK....

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Because doubting is a reasonable thing to do.
And up until Choco claimed, there was no reliable reason to believe that I wasn't SK.
Alright. I guess I just don't agree that doing that reasonable thing here means they're more likely to be town since both mafia and town's perspective is the same in that they don't know if there's an SK for sure or not in this setup assuming the claims we have are true, so it'd be 'reasonable' for both factions to doubt it, and in fact mafia would probably benefit from publicly doubting you since it means your voice isn't quite as influential compared to what it would be if people all believed you and it'd keep the option open to pushing on you later, and I'm kinda starting to think that's what fog was doing and I've been wrong about him, since a) him and molten make sense as a team, b) I don't like his vote on me, and c) I don't like how he only seemed to consider that you could be SK lying not mafia since maybe it's because he knew you weren't mafia since he's mafia.

I'm still wanting to lynch molten today since I still feel as though I have more reason to suspect him than fog but just saying, I don't think fog (or anyone really) doubting you makes him seem any more townie in my eyes for future reference

• Agree
Reactions: Timdood3

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alright. I guess I just don't agree that doing that reasonable thing here means they're more likely to be town since both mafia and town's perspective is the same in that they don't know if there's an SK for sure or not in this setup assuming the claims we have are true, so it'd be 'reasonable' for both factions to doubt it, and in fact mafia would probably benefit from publicly doubting you since it means your voice isn't quite as influential compared to what it would be if people all believed you and it'd keep the option open to pushing on you later, and I'm kinda starting to think that's what fog was doing and I've been wrong about him, since a) him and molten make sense as a team, b) I don't like his vote on me, and c) I don't like how he only seemed to consider that you could be SK lying not mafia since maybe it's because he knew you weren't mafia since he's mafia.

I'm still wanting to lynch molten today since I still feel as though I have more reason to suspect him than fog but just saying, I don't think fog (or anyone really) doubting you makes him seem any more townie in my eyes for future reference
Yeah you right.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean, you gave your reason, and it makes sense. But look at it this way: In any setup without a 1-shot vig in it, it's a perfectly safe place for an SK to hide. Kill once, then again at the end of the game.

Actually, shit, I just gave you a reason to still be doubting my claim. Uhh...Good thing I'm not SK....
I guess it'd be a fairly safe place for a while but all it takes is for a couple mafia roles and PRs to flip (which is most likely inevitably going to happen if the SK ever wants to win since they need to be alive for the entire game) and confirm the amount of Ts that are/aren't possible and then it becomes clear that one of the PRs left is lying, which is most likely a much smaller pool of players left than the vanillas

For example if the setup is CBTTTTT and you're the serial killer and claim vigilante, as soon as a massclaim happens the setup will appear to be CBVTTTT which means the mafia team is two goons and a blocker, when actually it's a goon and a godfather (TTTTT). Once the godfather is flipped, which is fairly likely to happen at some point before the game goes into the final 3, it becomes clear that one of the PRs left alive at that point was lying and that puts you in a very difficult position and didn't really achieve much for you other than being townread for most of the game which you were anyway

(granted that's just one example and looking over the setup it doesn't actually seem as likely as I thought that a scenario like this could happen but still seems too risky for me)

Although since you didn't say any of that I guess I have no reason to use this as an argument for you being vigilante anymore

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I was convinced for a while Tim was going to not kill for a night or two as the SK to keep his claim going, and then wait until the night that would cause a mafia-SK kingmaker the following day and get his murder on BUT THAT'S JUST MY CONSPIRACY THEORY JUST IGNORE THIS IT'S NOT A CONCERN AT THIS POINT IN TIME BECAUSE WE SUCK AT LYNCHING SCUM SO FAR