C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
1. Lynching is inevitable, at the end of the day someone has to be lynched.
Not necessarily. Top-voted-lynches don't apply in this game. If a lynch does not reach ≥ 50% of players voting, the game will default to a no-lynch.

i think they shouldn't because it could give mafia a chance to intercept a claim
How can Mafia intercept a mason claim though?

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
pretty simple it would be like when jobbii intercepted my sheiff claim that time just a matter of a mafia seeing it first and going oh a im mason along with blah blah
A mason's claim can be verified by the other mason. I don't see any way around this otherwise.

Also, you have yet to explain this:
also keep in mind there is a SKin this game so if anything we may need to find him first then the mafia
How do you know for a fact that there's an SK in the game when the setup has, in fact a 50% chance of generating one? Do you have any particular reasoning behind this? Also, who do you suspect being SK/Mafia and why? I am actually inclined to lynch you based on this statement - however as mentioned before I'm interested in what other people want to say about this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Alisha

fantome

Reaction score
How do you know for a fact that there's an SK in the game when the setup has, in fact a 50% chance of generating one? Do you have any particular reasoning behind this? Also, who do you suspect being SK/Mafia and why? I am actually inclined to lynch you based on this statement - however as mentioned before I'm interested in what other people want to say about this.
honestly, you are reading too much into a comment I made when half asleep also I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1 although timdood jumping that comment and claiming I'm evil without asking my opinion on it is odd but could be just eagerness

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
honestly, you are reading too much into a comment I made when half asleep also I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1 although timdood jumping that comment and claiming I'm evil without asking my opinion on it is odd but could be just eagerness
This is what I suspected initially too, however lynching you on that basis is reasonable. Before replying and posting that comment you also made a remark
damn yall are bloodthirsty
Which I find very out of place coming from you personally.

Furthermore, you have also averted my questions only to answer it when I quoted you and asked you to.

I wouldn't say the read is strong, but I don't think I'm Townreading you at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm fine with lynching one of Choco or Fantome today if it comes down to that

Also a massclaim is a terrible idea D0 or D1 - mafia are just going to claim townie and all the power roles will be left in the open with zero results.

Gonna unvote too since I don't want to lynch Inffy anymore

unvote

Shadow_Hunter3

Shadow_Hunter3
Reaction score
1. Lynching would give us some info, but there is a chance of lynching a town. There is a big chance that maffia or sk(if he exists) will try to kill someone. and that will also give us some info, but if we lynch we have the chance of lynching maffia or sk aswell. so its kinda 50/50 for me
2. 1st roleblocker 2nd gf 3rd the other one
3. Masons shouldnt claim yet imo, they would make it easier for maffia to target power roles and give them a chance to claim town
4. no, there is no info at all why we would lynch inffy/alisha.

• Agree
Reactions: TheWeakGuy48_

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Lynches give more information than nightkills - everyone is making an active choice on who sounds suspicious

Screw it gonna go with my gut and vote Choco for now - reasoning being that his question to me was weird since he should know all the benefits, and jumping on fantome looks a little odd too. Lynching Choco will give information on fantome's alignment since they're bickering with each other.

vote ChocoFox

• Confusing
Reactions: ChocoFox

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just reading through this, I would argue that the SK at this moment in time could be more of a benefit than a threat, I mean the possibility of them killing a mafia member is there and any information is good information. OFC I don't want them around long (if they exist), but we shall see what happens.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
3) I don't think they should claim yet if they do exist as this might have a negative effect, I think the earliest they could claim is perhaps day 1 when they will have had the chance to speak to each other and perhaps come up with a question and answer tactic for proving that they are town. (Something that we could question the other potential Masons about to back up your case if one is murdered)
Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'a question an answer tactic' in case it's a really good idea and the masons are like me and don't understand what you mean?
I personally think theres more of a reason to lynch Alisha than Inffy
Why?

Aaaaaaa I'd rather no-lynch. Why? Because in 90% of the cases we end up lynching a townie. Yes, you could argue that the "reads" and other stuff helps us find the scum - yet I've encountered that these reads become outdated and useless once day 1 start. Most common I think is people who argue for lunch because of the reads and then come with zero/small reads (Inffy).
Well I was mafia in that game, I do think lynching is valuable because:

1. Should we lynch or should we no-lynch today? Why?

I'd ideally like to lynch. Lynching somebody means people post more, attack/defend more, and we ultimately get more information from the day. Resigning to no-lynching just means we waste an opportunity to kill mafia and deny ourselves as much analysis the next day. There's always going to be a higher chance of lynching town than mafia, moreso early on, but if we only lynch when we have some kind of evidence then we're risking being outnumbered. We could wait a few days for the chances of lynching mafia to be increased and then begin lynching but that's boring.

2. Ranking the three possible Mafia roles top-down, which role would be the most dangerous role which we should get rid of first?

Roleblocker, Godfather, Goon

3. Should the masons claim (if they already are here) today to narrow down claimspace?

No, they should only claim if one of them is in danger of being lynched in my opinion. It's easy to miss the value of the masons but bearing in mind these are two, potentially three practically self-clearing towns, as soon as they know their identity and they've got rid of any bigger threats, the mafia will want to be killing them at night to prevent our lynch pool from decreasing as much compared to if they kill off non-proven towns for us. If we can keep the masons alive we can use them later in the game to reduce the lynch pool, and that could make a huge difference.

Anyways, as for reads, I'm down to lynch les right now because of these things:

also keep in mind there is a SKin this game so if anything we may need to find him first then the mafia
The potential slip here aside (and I can totally see it as a slip), this sentence feels very random. I'm not sure why les would think to mention this at this time, and it feels slightly like a 'oh I'm sk so I should do my best to act as though I'm not and try to kill the sk'

"I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1" is not something I'd expect from town les. Usually he's perfectly happy to kill on day 1.

And that's all I've got for now

• Informative
Reactions: ChocoFox and Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion lynching Choco is more beneficial since he did the more aggressive accusations against les, but I'm ok with it being les too since lynching anyone is gonna help more than not lynching