C9++ - Game End - Mafia Win

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
honestly, you are reading too much into a comment I made when half asleep also I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1 although timdood jumping that comment and claiming I'm evil without asking my opinion on it is odd but could be just eagerness
(Quote for convenience)

When I first voted you, it wasn't because I thought you should be lynched. It was to put pressure on you to see how you'd defend yourself. If no one throws even slight accusations around, then nothing happens. I wanted to determine if it was an honest mistake or an actual slip. I'm leaning toward the latter.

I was well aware of the possibility that you just didn't quite understand how the setup worked and thought that there was always an SK in the game (though I'm pretty sure it was said before that's it's always a 50% chance). But that doesn't appear to be the case, as you would've defended yourself with it. And if you had, I would've accepted it, unvoted, and moved on.

But instead of actually defending yourself, you ignored questioning and diverted attention, eventually dismissing everyone's suspicion on you altogether.

Chronologically: You said the SK thing. I voted you. You did not comment on the fact that I voted you, and responded to someone asking about another one of your posts (x). Choco insists that you explain your SK statement. You dismiss it saying "you're reading too much into [it]." And divert attention to the possible team of Choco and I.

Regardless of whether or not your SK statement was a slip or not, that is three counts of anti-town behavior:
1) Ignoring questioning. You didn't acknowledge my vote on you until someone else forced the issue. Town has no reason to give no response to suspicion or questions.
2) Dismissing questioning. Instead of giving any sort of defense, you dismiss the issue with the excuse of being half asleep, essentially telling the town "forget about it." The only reason town has to not respond to something like this is to avoid giving mafia information, usually by saying just that.
3) Diverting attention. Another tactic to evade questioning, you tried to turn suspicion back on me not once, but twice. The first being in the quote above, the second being saying Choco and I are teaming, both claims that I will address now.

By the aggressive language you used ("Jumping my comment," "claiming I'm evil"), you attempt to frame me in a negative light. Did I respond quickly and shortly to the comment? Of course, I'm not going to let something like that go unnoticed, nor am I going to pass up an opportunity to get some activity going. Did I claim you were evil? Yeah, I suppose, but as stated, I was putting pressure on you to see how you would defend yourself from such a claim. And you reacted extremely defensively for only having one vote on you.

As for the alleged teaming, just because you people are pushing you doesn't mean they are a team. You didn't address my post, so he pushed the issue. Also, trying to draw up teams on Day 0 doesn't particularly help, as we don't even know if the mafia know who each other are yet.

All of that said, my vote stays.

Now, uh...I have some questions, comments, and concerns.
First, Who the hell is jobbi? Can we please use forum names on the forums that way everyone stays on the same page?
Second, Past games have nothing to do with this one, and meta things like player behavior should be kept out of the game.
Third, I don't actual have any concerns at the moment, I just wanted to use the phrase.

*Last minute remembered something*
What the hell is this about crossing out claim space? Every town role in the setup can have multiple instances. You being proven as one thing does absolutely nothing to disprove another claim of it.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
First, Who the hell is jobbi? Can we please use forum names on the forums that way everyone stays on the same page?
jobbi is TheWeakGuy, and agreed

Second, Past games have nothing to do with this one, and meta things like player behavior should be kept out of the game.
Yeah what you said

Third, I don't actual have any concerns at the moment, I just wanted to use the phrase.
I love you

• Love
Reactions: Timdood3

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
There's an itch in the back of my head saying that fantome's just a townie that said the wrong thing at the wrong time, but his trying to pin the blame on theweakguy for something he didn't even do has convinced me that this is a safe lynch. I don't read fantome as a power role so at worst it's loss of a townie.

vote fantome

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like your suspicion on choco just felt kinda weird and then this

There's an itch in the back of my head saying that fantome's just a townie that said the wrong thing at the wrong time, but his trying to pin the blame on theweakguy for something he didn't even do has convinced me that this is a safe lynch. I don't read fantome as a power role so at worst it's loss of a townie.

vote fantome
just

I'm trying to ignore it because I know my brain is just not compatible with your 'tone' in your posts but you set all sorts of alarms off in my head

• Haha
Reactions: Alisha

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
just

I'm trying to ignore it because I know my brain is just not compatible with your 'tone' in your posts but you set all sorts of alarms off in my head
I enjoy doing that yes

On a slightly more serious note I've been going back and forth between choco and fantome all day and trying to work out the pros and cons and just getting confused

What is all of this one line irrelevant nonsense.
Excuse us this is a private conversation where we sort out our differences

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I enjoy doing that yes

On a slightly more serious note I've been going back and forth between choco and fantome all day and trying to work out the pros and cons and just getting confused

Excuse us this is a private conversation where we sort out our differences
Well how about you show me some insight into your thought process all day, what pros and cons have you been thinking about?

fantome

Reaction score
When I first voted you, it wasn't because I thought you should be lynched. It was to put pressure on you to see how you'd defend yourself. If no one throws even slight accusations around, then nothing happens. I wanted to determine if it was an honest mistake or an actual slip. I'm leaning toward the latter.

I was well aware of the possibility that you just didn't quite understand how the setup worked and thought that there was always an SK in the game (though I'm pretty sure it was said before that's it's always a 50% chance). But that doesn't appear to be the case, as you would've defended yourself with it. And if you had, I would've accepted it, unvoted, and moved on.
I didn't defend myself because only one person really called me out on a very weak reason too it wasn't worth my time to respond to it I only did so because choco said something about it and choco is notorious about bandwagon (also about being absolutely wrong about his reads)
By the aggressive language you used ("Jumping my comment," "claiming I'm evil"), you attempt to frame me in a negative light. Did I respond quickly and shortly to the comment? Of course, I'm not going to let something like that go unnoticed, nor am I going to pass up an opportunity to get some activity going. Did I claim you were evil? Yeah, I suppose, but as stated, I was putting pressure on you to see how you would defend yourself from such a claim. And you reacted extremely defensively for only having one vote on you.
this is just my regular vernacular I use nothing more nothing less

As for the alleged teaming, just because you people are pushing you doesn't mean they are a team. You didn't address my post, so he pushed the issue. Also, trying to draw up teams on Day 0 doesn't particularly help, as we don't even know if the mafia know who each other are yet.
I said yall were teaming a because of other factors also which I will not say for reasons
I'm sorry but this will not happen with me in the game my memory is too good not to remember correlations in the past also my major has ruined me in terms of reading behaviors

vote fantome
very good about figuring out my role also can you and inffy get what ever yall have for each other over with already yall spamming the forums isn't really fun

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
I wrote this out on a sheet of paper before fantome posted his accusation of theweakguy - basically what the outcomes of each person's alignment would be if we lynch them

Lynching Choco
- Town - maybe he was on to something about fantome
- Scum - choco may have been trying to pin the blame on fantome by jumping on one statement on its own, fantome clear of being scum
- SK - obviously fantome isn't sk in this scenario nice

Lynching Fantome
- Town - maybe he was onto something about choco
- Scum - choco clear
- SK - gold star for choco

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I wrote this out on a sheet of paper before fantome posted his accusation of theweakguy - basically what the outcomes of each person's alignment would be if we lynch them

Lynching Choco
- Town - maybe he was on to something about fantome
- Scum - choco may have been trying to pin the blame on fantome by jumping on one statement on its own, fantome clear of being scum
- SK - obviously fantome isn't sk in this scenario nice

Lynching Fantome
- Town - maybe he was onto something about choco
- Scum - choco clear
- SK - gold star for choco
Do you not think tim has been more aggressive about fantome than choco? Tim voted him, choco told him not to yet, but then re-phrased the question to him after.

• Thank You
Reactions: Timdood3

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Alright, so I'm busy today but I'll try my best to address the points that have been raised.

1. Regarding Inffy's opinion on lynching/no-lynching
I'd ideally like to lynch. Lynching somebody means people post more, attack/defend more, and we ultimately get more information from the day. Resigning to no-lynching just means we waste an opportunity to kill mafia and deny ourselves as much analysis the next day. There's always going to be a higher chance of lynching town than mafia, moreso early on, but if we only lynch when we have some kind of evidence then we're risking being outnumbered. We could wait a few days for the chances of lynching mafia to be increased and then begin lynching but that's boring.
I completely agree with Inffy here. No-lynching quickly would mean that the Town may miss out on valuable reads that could help us further in the game.

Despite this though, one of my key concerns with this would be the scenario where a bunch of Townies start to accuse each other back and forth, and as much as possible I think it would be very much against our favour to go around in circles.

2. Regarding mason verification
Like if the Masons collectively come up with a question which has answers that specific players in the game could verify. Or like a statement. So say for example Inffy is a mason and is killed N1, the other Masons could be like "hello XXX & I are the other masons, this can be verified with the statement of - "fog is amazing and we recently celebrated our one year anniversary with me as his GF" (Although I doubt direct copies from the chat will be allowed so paraphrasing would be needed.) But this statement has a connection between me and Inf which I can verify and would "clear" suspicions
Inb4 HotSpices356 Inffy medium essay by yours truly (sorry I just had to comment on that I know I'm cringey but hey that's me).

3. Regarding Alisha's accusations
The way he's going about his arguments feels jumpy to me, plus when he asked me why we should lynch earlier, it felt weird to me since Choco's an experienced player and seemed to not know the benefits of lynching vs not lynching. Maybe it's more for meta reasons.

Even if Choco is not scum, I feel it gives better information on fantome since choco jumped on what fantome said first, and tim followed. Where if we lynch fantome, it gives information on choco and tim.

I guess I'm fine with either option now that I worked it out in my head more.
So I'm not going to go into every single accusation Alisha has made against me but right now ironically and very contrary because of what she's doing I'm actually starting to Townread her a bit simply because I can see a basis for the suspicion. Though I'd like to point out than when I did accuse Les (Fantôme) what struck me was her overtness in defending Les.

4. Regarding Les
Right so, the reason why I am suspicious of Les started off with this post:
damn yall are bloodthirsty
To my memory this is the first time I have ever heard him remark on people being "bloodthirsty" when it came to accusations. I found this weird at the time because usually Les would be the one accusing people instead of remarking on how other people are easy to point fingers?
honestly, you are reading too much into a comment I made when half asleep also I don't suspect anyone yet due to it being D1 although timdood jumping that comment and claiming I'm evil without asking my opinion on it is odd but could be just eagerness
Then of course, Les went on and made the post regarding the serial killer, which I'm okay with seeing as a slip - however, his responses after are what really warrant my suspicion even more:
pretty simple it would be like when jobbii intercepted my sheiff claim that time just a matter of a mafia seeing it first and going oh a im mason along with blah blah
I find this very odd because the mason claims are generally uncounterable because the other party can verify. And if one party flips anti-Town or was investigated to be anti-Town then we could be sure that the other "mason" is also anti-Town if they confirmed the claim.
im actually fine with lynching my self since it would cross out a known claim space for mafia and SK also the whole jobbiitrying to get us seems like a slip to me
I'm saying that mafia tend to try and hide in my role so lynching me would probably help in the long run also jobbii seems to be doing the same thing he does as mafia on discord which is getting a mass claim going to see what is what
This is by far the most confusing statement in my opinion. It's mainly meta but you're not really trying which I find suspicious.

Anyway I gotta go, sorry I can't really elaborate more, I'll try to add more later.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
To be fair I said that I'm okay with lynching either Choco or fantome, and am still ok with it. When I said a slight difference in preference I really did mean a slight difference in preference.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The thing is I feel as though I can explain fantome's behaviour pretty decently with a certain theory I have except its mostly meta and some of you guys obviously don't like that

The thing that's keeping me suspicious of him is mostly how out of the blue his statement about the sk seemed and also the potential slip there, so if you could maybe help me understand why you decided to post that and what was going through your mind at the time fantome that would be good

Timdood3

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Like I can't even put my finger exactly on what it is about that post that smells so badly of scum but it just does
It's the way she put a preemptive disclaimer that fantome could be a unfortunate townie.
I didn't defend myself because only one person really called me out on 1) a very weak reason too 2) it wasn't worth my time[/b] to respond to it I only did so because choco said something about it 3) and choco is notorious about bandwagon (also about being absolutely wrong about his reads)
1) As I said, I wasn't actually suspicious of you before, I was seeing how you'd respond. You chose not to respond, which is a very anti-town behavior.
2) That's just fuckin' rude.
3) It takes more than one person to bandwagon. More importantly, you weren't worried about me voting you because you thought my reasoning was weak (it was, but as said in my last post, that is not the reason I'm still voting you), but you were worried about someone else voting you with no reason at all?
this is just my regular vernacular I use nothing more nothing less
Subconscious word choice gives us the most useful insight into what the speaker is thinking. You think any anti-town player slips consciously?
I said yall were teaming a because of other factors also which I will not say for reasons
And I explained how we weren't. I'd really like to hear either your "other factors" or your reasons for not sharing. Because I think you're just trying to hold on to any semblance of a point you may have had.
I'm sorry but this will not happen with me in the game my memory is too good not to remember correlations in the past also my major has ruined me in terms of reading behaviors
That's fine, you can use it in your own reasoning if you so choose, but don't try to persuade other people with it.
The thing is I feel as though I can explain fantome's behaviour pretty decently with a certain theory I have except its mostly meta and some of you guys obviously don't like that
Above. Meta is perfectly fine, but there is a line to where it starts to impact the game too much.