Buying new champ

SocialT

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking about buying a new champion for mid lane since I only have 2 mid lane champions (TF and Diana, and Jhin but only use him for ADC). I'm stuck on choosing from Le Blanc or Yasuo. Any votes? Or recommend me another mid lane champion if you'd like

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Is there a specific goal you want your champion to accomplish? A certain type of damage type you want to use? A certain level of difficulty you feel you can handle? A price range you're stuck in? Your two midlaners are AP so perhaps Yasuo just to make your pool more rounded out, but since you're extremely new it doesn't really matter from that standpoint

SocialT

Reaction score
Is there a specific goal you want your champion to accomplish? A certain type of damage type you want to use? A certain level of difficulty you feel you can handle? A price range you're stuck in? Your two midlaners are AP so perhaps Yasuo just to make your pool more rounded out, but since you're extremely new it doesn't really matter from that standpoint
I'm looking to see if any of those champions have a good win rate and I want to know if they don't have a lot of counters. IP price really isn't a problem just gotta save up.

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
http://champion.gg/ states that in the highest elos Leblanc and Yasuo have some of the lower end winrates (sub 50 percent by decent margins)

Generally Leblanc is a /good/ champion. She dominates the early stages of the game where someone is forced to be near her at all times. If they are too afraid to pressure her she just gets kills from other people due to spectacular roam potential. Leblanc's damage onto a single target is both fast and so high it's nearly unfair while remaining relatively simple to perform on. The weaknesses she shows are heavy though - clearing waves requires you to pop long cooldowns attached to high mana costs, and even when you do that the minions will usually struggle through on slivers of health requiring you to auto attack them to finish them. This means she's countered by people who clear waves quickly and safely (Azir is an example, his solders extend his range so that Leblanc can't quite reach him, but they provide him the AOE necessary to clear minions away). Overall Leblanc isn't the worst pickup you could have and one of my very unskilled friends plays her the most out of all the champs

Yasuo is tricky from a player perspective. Especially for a new player, actually unlocking everything Yasuo can do is really difficult. The longer you play League in general the easier it is to pick up new champions, but assuming you're new to it Yasuo will not be simple to play effectively. Yasuo's power is so gated by his inherent weaknesses (poor base stats like health and damage) that even experienced players falter when playing him (that's why his winrate is so low). Overall he's a champion known for his "big flashy plays" and a lot of people find him to be extremely fun. Most Yasuo players are fairly dedicated because of this and ignore many of the other champions as well as many of the game's core mechanics (they will do things they shouldn't because they get caught up in the blistering pace of Yasuo) He's generally countered by tank champions (especially when he has to lane against them like in top lane) because he can't deal enough damage to get them to back away from him. He's strong against champions with projectiles (especially ADC's) because his W blocks them. As an assassin he'll blow up targets with less defensive stats as he gets to them, so he can remove higher priority targets from the fighting

Yasuo does Physical damage, Leblanc does Magic damage. Let me know if anything needs clarifying (I don't know how inexperienced you are? What's your account name?)

SocialT

Reaction score
http://champion.gg/ states that in the highest elos Leblanc and Yasuo have some of the lower end winrates (sub 50 percent by decent margins)

Generally Leblanc is a /good/ champion. She dominates the early stages of the game where someone is forced to be near her at all times. If they are too afraid to pressure her she just gets kills from other people due to spectacular roam potential. Leblanc's damage onto a single target is both fast and so high it's nearly unfair while remaining relatively simple to perform on. The weaknesses she shows are heavy though - clearing waves requires you to pop long cooldowns attached to high mana costs, and even when you do that the minions will usually struggle through on slivers of health requiring you to auto attack them to finish them. This means she's countered by people who clear waves quickly and safely (Azir is an example, his solders extend his range so that Leblanc can't quite reach him, but they provide him the AOE necessary to clear minions away). Overall Leblanc isn't the worst pickup you could have and one of my very unskilled friends plays her the most out of all the champs

Yasuo is tricky from a player perspective. Especially for a new player, actually unlocking everything Yasuo can do is really difficult. The longer you play League in general the easier it is to pick up new champions, but assuming you're new to it Yasuo will not be simple to play effectively. Yasuo's power is so gated by his inherent weaknesses (poor base stats like health and damage) that even experienced players falter when playing him (that's why his winrate is so low). Overall he's a champion known for his "big flashy plays" and a lot of people find him to be extremely fun. Most Yasuo players are fairly dedicated because of this and ignore many of the other champions as well as many of the game's core mechanics (they will do things they shouldn't because they get caught up in the blistering pace of Yasuo) He's generally countered by tank champions (especially when he has to lane against them like in top lane) because he can't deal enough damage to get them to back away from him. He's strong against champions with projectiles (especially ADC's) because his W blocks them. As an assassin he'll blow up targets with less defensive stats as he gets to them, so he can remove higher priority targets from the fighting

Yasuo does Physical damage, Leblanc does Magic damage. Let me know if anything needs clarifying (I don't know how inexperienced you are? What's your account name?)
My account name is Spher0s (the "o" in Spheros is a zero by the way) and I started playing this back in early February. But you explained the two champions to me pretty good and thanks for that. But I'm really just looking for a champion that is more active in team fights and has great magic burst attack. Any recommendations from what I want? Sorry if I'm a little vague.

Vatowski

Reaction score
My account name is Spher0s (the "o" in Spheros is a zero by the way) and I started playing this back in early February. But you explained the two champions to me pretty good and thanks for that. But I'm really just looking for a champion that is more active in team fights and has great magic burst attack. Any recommendations from what I want? Sorry if I'm a little vague.
Viktor

Reactions: Jayfeather

Jayfeather

Gay Magician
Donor
Reaction score
Viktor's a Mage (currently my favorite) that has massive teamfighting impact. In lane he uses his long range laser to poke at enemies and clear waves, if he wants to engage or is engaged on he uses his Q shield and movement speed to get in or out of range. Otherwise he generally waits for opportunities to flank other lanes with teleport. The reason Viktor is so good in teamfights is because his W,E, and R are all aoe so you can get multiple people caught up in all of it at once. He's hard to counter in lane, much of Viktor's failure comes from inexperienced Viktor's as his heaviest weakness is lack of mobility and strict build path