Burrowhogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of map: Burrowhogs!
Author: Jivvi!
Size: The map utilises void borders, with the actual borders roughly 75 blocks from the centre.
Map boundary: I used these coords as the centre, although the true centre is a 2x2 square of blocks
Centre:
x: 647
y: 154
z: 2725
Kits:
[accordion]{slide=Scavenger}Diggerfox
-Wooden Pickaxe (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X, Sharpness I)
-Wooden Shovel (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X){/slide}{slide=Survivor}Burrowhog
-Diamond Pickaxe (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X)
-Diamond Shovel (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X){/slide}{slide=Juggernaut}Quarrybear
-Diamond Sword (Unbreaking X)
-Leather Helmet (Protection III, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Chestplate (Protection III, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Leggings (Protection III, Unbreaking X)
-Leather Boots (Protection III, Unbreaking X){/slide}{slide=Dark Hunter}Bloodhound
-Iron Pickaxe (Sharpness II, Unbreaking X){/slide}{slide=Hunter}Diggerfox
-Wooden Pickaxe (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X, Sharpness I)
-Wooden Shovel (Efficiency V, Unbreaking X){/slide}[/accordion]Random or choose kits?: Random kits. I selected the input code options for hunters to have one kit per round so that their items do not drop (for cleanliness), but if this means that the survivor/dark hunter kits carry over then I would like it changed back.
Screenshots: [accordion]{slide= Incredibly Interesting Screenshots}{/slide}[/accordion]
Notes: This is a very dig map. Never have you seen a map as dig as this.
Various concepts include-
-Survivors can hide more effectively in dirt - due to cobblestone giving them away - but this is at the cost of space to move/hide in
-Hunter items are useless to survivors as both weapons and tools, as hunters have weapons 3/5's as powerful as the survivors, but hunters have 20 hearts to compensate.
-Balancing the hunters' slight combat edge is survivors possessing speed III, while hunters only having speed II. This combined with the survivors more effective tools makes survivors more adept at excavating and digging away
Buildbox Warp: /warp burrowhogs
Input File: [accordion]{slide=I originally used the config generator, but had to export it to include enchantments}
Code:
MapName: 'Burrowhogs!'
Author: 'Jivvi'
BuildTime: 30
GameTime: 450
WorldTime: 6000
WorldWeather: 0

Team0:
  SpawnType: 2
  SpawnLocation:
	==: Vector
	x: 633
	y: 144
	z: 2738
  ChooseKit: false
  OneKitPerRound: true
  CanDrown: false
  FallReduction: 1000
  KitResetTime: 0

Team1:
  SpawnType: 2
  SpawnLocation:
	x: 633
	y: 144
	z: 2738
  ChooseKit: false
  CanDrown: false
  FallReduction: 1000

Centre:
  x: 647
  y: 154
  z: 2725
WorldSize: 75
SkyLimit: 150
CanUseLocate: false
SurvivorRestrictedPlaceAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakAll: false
HunterRestrictedPlaceAll: false
HunterRestrictedBreakAll: false
SurvivorRestrictedBreakEx:
- STONE
- COBBLESTONE
- GRASS
- DIRT
- COAL_ORE
- IRON_ORE
- GRAVEL

Kit:
  HunterFree:
	Diggerfox:
	- WOOD_PICKAXE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10@DAMAGE_ALL:1
	- WOOD_SPADE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10
  Juggernaut:
	Quarrybear:
	- DIAMOND_SWORD.DURABILITY:10
	- LEATHER_HELMET.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3@DURABILITY:10
	- LEATHER_CHESTPLATE.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3@DURABILITY:10
	- LEATHER_LEGGINGS.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3@DURABILITY:10
	- LEATHER_BOOTS.PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL:3@DURABILITY:10

HunterLeader:
	Bloodhound:
	- IRON_PICKAXE.DAMAGE_ALL:2@DURABILITY:10  HunterStart:
	Diggerfox:
	- WOOD_PICKAXE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10@DAMAGE_ALL:1
	- WOOD_SPADE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10

SurvivorStart:
	Burrowhog:
	- DIAMOND_PICKAXE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10
	- DIAMOND_SPADE.DIG_SPEED:5@DURABILITY:10

Effects:
  Hunter:
	Starting:
	- SPEED|3600|2
	- SATURATION|3600|0
	- JUMP|3600|1
	- HEALTH_BOOST|3600|4
	- HEAL|3|49
	- NIGHT_VISION|3600|0
  Survivor:
	Starting:
	- SPEED|3600|3	- SATURATION|3600|0
	- JUMP|3600|1
	- NIGHT_VISION|3600|0
{/slide}[/accordion]

Last edited:

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
Hey Jivvi, thanks for submitting a map.

I'm not voting yet, but I'd just like to say a few things.

- Perhaps add Haste 1/2 (anything above this would be incredibly crazy than it already is) to all Survivors/Hunters for even faster mining?
- Also on this note ( above ^ ) your Input File doesn't match the Kits you said earlier in the post.
- This map has an interesting gameplay you're aiming for, it is indeed unique.

I'll vote after seeing other's peoples opinions (players included if they post) and seeing this map on BuildBox.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hey Jivvi, thanks for submitting a map.

I'm not voting yet, but I'd just like to say a few things.

- Perhaps add Haste 1/2 (anything above this would be incredibly crazy than it already is) to all Survivors/Hunters for even faster mining?
- Also on this note ( above ^ ) your Input File doesn't match the Kits you said earlier in the post.
- This map has an interesting gameplay you're aiming for, it is indeed unique.

I'll vote after seeing other's peoples opinions (players included if they post) and seeing this map on BuildBox.
Oh, looks like not all of the kits pasted
Fixing now!
Edit: Wait I actually have no idea what I've done

The only error I found was the wooden pickaxes lacking sharpness I, which I have now fixed. If this wasn't it please tell me x3

Y

YouWould

I like this. It's a nice, simple map, similar to the Buildbox map (Except in some regards, the exact opposite.) I personally like digging holes on maps, and a map dedicated to that is like my dream. The only real problem I could see is people breaking the 5x5x5 no crouch rule, or making stair towers (This isn't illegal, but let's face it. Nobody likes stair towers except the ones on the stair towers.) This is a basic map that I really like, so, a big +1

ShadeSlayer98

Reaction score
I really like this idea of a map. I'm very curious how the game play will be. Will it be 7 minutes of digging or action packed. I have no idea but Kat did say my issue about the map. People making and 2x2x2 hole and sealing it off. Staff are not always on to enforce the rules. So this map is a little ifey. I say put it in rotation and see how well it plays out. If it does do well we will keep it.
+1 for trail run

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I like this. It's a nice, simple map, similar to the Buildbox map (Except in some regards, the exact opposite.) I personally like digging holes on maps, and a map dedicated to that is like my dream. The only real problem I could see is people breaking the 5x5x5 no crouch rule, or making stair towers (This isn't illegal, but let's face it. Nobody likes stair towers except the ones on the stair towers.) This is a basic map that I really like, so, a big +1
The map height is quite low, the only worry is paths branching out to the sides, which are significantly easier to tackle due to fall damage being disabled, and all players being restricted to melee weapons.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
Reminds me too much of AntFarm, -1.

Of course, I am joking.

This map is indeed very unique to Army of Darkness, as there aren't very many maps that encourage the tactic of digging down to find a hiding place. I also like the fact that you did decide to put in borders. That will solve a bunch of issues for us already. >.>

I think the map is well balanced and I like what the kits look like. At first of course I was skeptical, however this map does have potential that many have not.

With that, I will be glad to give this map a +1.

Airkid

Reaction score
I always like it when people come up with original ideas that change Army of Darkness slightly(eg Poolhall). Sometimes these original ideas don't turn out quite the way people expected it to be, but I believe this'll be liked by the Army of Darkness players. +1

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I'll be voting a +1 for a test run,

As already said in earlier posts, this map seems fairly balanced, the theme is unique and the gameplay that's being aimed for.

Status
Not open for further replies.