[Bug report] Ability to make insane enchanted items.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not...but some players have been exposed to a command that I believe operators+ should only have. It is a command that enables insane amount of enchants like Efficiency 1000 pickaxe or something like that. If it was supposed to be for all ranks I apologise to ChocoParrot for accusing him of being a hacker but it does seem like that. He showed me a stick that fired a zombie pigman from one corner to the other on his plot,He had a lot of buildings in the way so it did stop at a building. Tamzies did say that she wasn't going to spread the command but ChocoParrot was being extremely rude to us and reported pafrick for doing nothing.It has gotten to the stage where he kind of tortures us with saying "Look I have a sharpness 900 sword," or "I have an Efficiency 9000 pickaxe!!!" He has done the /ignore Jenben101 command to me so I cannot ask him to stop it but I apologise if it was open to all ranks.

-Jenben101

Pafrick

Reaction score
This is not such a bug report but more of a command/plugin abuse report thinggy
t ChocoParrot was being extremely rude to us and reported pafrick for doing nothing
in the above screenshots (in the spoilers) you can see myself being accused for something i am not too sure about.

at the time we thought that choco was hacking.
Jenben101 at the time did not understand that it was not "hacking" but a secret over powered command/plugin that is available to all players.

We were told by Tamzies that it was a plugin that staff does not want spread amongst the community. As jenben101 had explained, we were taunted by ChocoParrot with his "god" stick.

i strongly believe that this command should be restricted to staff and only staff unless directors wish the plugin to be publicly available.

• Agree
Reactions: Naoh and sessybessy

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
He might have had one of those items that was made when NBTEdit was being used before. Though he did mention that he used a command, but I'm honestly unsure as to what cmd he used to obtain the high efficiency pickaxe. Although, I'm not sure about this, but would a "high efficiency anything" lag the server if it were to actually be used? Or is it just a useless, aesthetic item?

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
He said he was using a command but what I'm trying to say is that he was being extremely rude to both pafrick and I...I know i'm the same rank as choco but I should be respected and pafrick is a rank higher. Pafrick and I were very confused (Well I atleast was) But I saw him using it on a stick etc..It lagged only a little but but nothing too major.

When he got Tamzies I logged off because he shouldn't have disturbed her so you'll have to ask pafrick about the rest of the conversation.

I was getting a tad bit annoyed at choco as he has done it before to me (Ignored me atleast). He has also started fights with Celinedv for absolutely no reason at all.

I /ignored him because he was being 'A smartypants' saying "HAH see I wasn't a hacker!" etc

I apologise fully to ChocoParrot if some of this information is wrong but this is my side of the story

Reactions: BetaPanda

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I just went through the logs of when this happened and read through the conversation. One thing to note is that people react differently, especially when someone else is accusing them of doing something that they think isn't wrong. You did mention that he was a "hacker" at least five times and I'm sure that he took that accusation a bit offensively so that's why he may have reacted to you in the manner that you experienced.
As for the Celinedv situation, I'm sure that I stumbled into that one argument before, but also, I believe that it was a misunderstanding on both ends and that they both said sorry to each other.

On topic - I really don't know the command that he used, but hopefully one of us (staff) could ask him what command that he used and relay that to Nill so he could turn it off if necessary.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Okay....But it isn't a first that ChocoParrot has been rude to me and all that pafrick was trying to was calm Choco down a bit.And it was very suspicious. He started saying "Not gonna tell (musical note) Not gonna tell (Musical note" which was a bit rude on my end and I believe that he got Tamzies and he shouldn't have disturbed her in the first place because we probably could have sorted it out ourselves.

I apologise to Choco for calling him a hacker 5+ times.

-Jenben101

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
He might have had one of those items that was made when NBTEdit was being used before
It really feels like a relic from NBTEdit, I've poured over commands available and nothing allows me a player, the same rank as him to enchant anything outside of an enchanting table and bookcases.

The evidence? Well I just so happen to be on chocos plot! :D I was playing his rainbow runner last time I was on and looked around his plot and found a wool block with sharpness 3 on it, a significant fingerprint of NBTE days.

Reaction score
It really feels like a relic from NBTEdit, I've poured over commands available and nothing allows me a player, the same rank as him to enchant anything outside of an enchanting table and bookcases.

The evidence? Well I just so happen to be on chocos plot! :D I was playing his rainbow runner last time I was on and looked around his plot and found a wool block with sharpness 3 on it, a significant fingerprint of NBTE days.
What's strange about a wool block with sharpness 3? You can just put a wool block in an anvil with a sharpness 3 book.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
rawrmynameisrex said:
Although, I'm not sure about this, but would a "high efficiency anything" lag the server if it were to actually be used? Or is it just a useless, aesthetic item?
Does spamming left-mouse button in creative lag the server? No?
Then neither should a pick with the Amplifier tag buffed up to max.

• Thank You
Reactions: ChocoFox

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Lets make this very clear - the command that I used was already in game before BuildBox 2.0 was released. The fact that this command has an enchantment node to it and that not everyone knows how to use it explains why I had managed to obtain such enchantments. As Tamzies had mentioned, we do not wish to spread how to use the command to ordinary players as we did not wish BuildBox to be exploited.

It has gotten to the stage where he kind of tortures us with saying "Look I have a sharpness 900 sword," or "I have an Efficiency 9000 pickaxe!!!
The fact that I was overly excited at the discovery at this command made me say that. In addition, I couldn't believe that I could have obtained such enchantments, and thus just said it to express my excitement. I didn't mean to 'torture' anyone, as so it was said by Jenben101.

ChocoParrot was being extremely rude to us and reported pafrick for doing nothing.
I didn't report Pafrick for doing nothing. The fact that I had accidentally and not realised the fact that I pressed my shift key and my mouse on the 'X' button made me clear my inventory instantly. It was a mild misunderstanding as I thought Builders could clear player inventory. On this note, I sincerely apologise to pafrick for framing him. However I felt that I wasn't 'extremely rude' to both Pafrick and Jenben101 as I was very angry for being called a 'hacker' plenty of times and it was getting mildly annoying.

We were told by Tamzies that it was a plugin that staff does not want spread amongst the community. As jenben101 had explained, we were taunted by ChocoParrot with his "god" stick.
The fact was that I was overly excited about the discovery of the new command that I had boasted about my stick. I had no intention to be 'taunting' in any way.

Well, I just went through the logs of when this happened and read through the conversation. One thing to note is that people react differently, especially when someone else is accusing them of doing something that they think isn't wrong. You did mention that he was a "hacker" at least five times and I'm sure that he took that accusation a bit offensively so that's why he may have reacted to you in the manner that you experienced.
The fact was that I was rapidly accused by 2 people for being a hacker made me feel really angry. I tried to control myself during the situation. The reason I had told Tamzies to come to BuildBox was so that she would stop these accuses as I was already getting a bit offended.

But I saw him using it on a stick etc..It lagged only a little but but nothing too major.
Enteties except players could not load chunks or cause excessive lag in small amounts. When I hit the zombie pigman with that knockback enchanted 100 stick, it was just the same if I had hit it without. As I said before, mobs would not cause lag when hit. Therefore, it would either be a sudden Frames Per Second drop in Jenben101's computer et cetera.

I /ignored him because he was being 'A smartypants' saying "HAH see I wasn't a hacker!" etc
I was trying to prove to you that I was not hacking, the second statement was exaggerated.

As for the Celinedv situation, I'm sure that I stumbled into that one argument before, but also, I believe that it was a misunderstanding on both ends and that they both said sorry to each other.
He has also started fights with Celinedv for absolutely no reason at all.
This was only a misunderstanding with @Celinedv and that it was already settled. We had apologised to each other after the incident as what rawrmynameisrex said.

On topic - I really don't know the command that he used, but hopefully one of us (staff) could ask him what command that he used and relay that to Nill so he could turn it off if necessary.
This is why I did not spread the command around. This command could be exploited to people if they laid their hands on it. I'm looking forward to tell Nillbugwtw and other Operator+ about this anyways.

And it was very suspicious. He started saying "Not gonna tell (musical note) Not gonna tell (Musical note" which was a bit rude on my end and I believe that he got Tamzies and he shouldn't have disturbed her in the first place because we probably could have sorted it out ourselves.
The reason why I got Tamzies was so that we could have a third party to terminate the conversation before it flared up. The 'musical note' was a unicode symbol and as I said before, I was way too excited at the discovery of the command.

Overall, this incident was mainly due to over-sensitivity on both parties that resulted in a chain of arguments. I hope this reply has clarifed many queries and if I had said any incorrect information in the reply above, I sincerely apologize on it.

Thank you for reading this long and tideous reply,
ChocoParrot

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: chicken23456789

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Choco..

The way you were 'taunting' us by saying "Not gonna tell not gonna tell," Was rude on my end you could have just said "We cant spread the command around," And I would've understood but it was the way you were talking to us was extremely rude on my end.

And one of the other users of buildbox was complaining about you but i'll let them explain that.
I know that you were excited and I understand that but it was just the way that you were talking to us saying "Hah!"
and on my end it was lagging quite bad. I would've sorted the argument out myself (I've done it in the past with minecraft users) I will accept the apology and I am very sorry for doing this

I sincerely apologise to ChocoParrot
-Jenben101

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The way you were 'taunting' us by saying "Not gonna tell not gonna tell," Was rude on my end you could have just said "We cant spread the command around," And I would've understood but it was the way you were talking to us was extremely rude on my end.
Lets say that for calling me a 'hacker' rapidly, I would have said that in attempt to stop you from hack accusing me further.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No...it wasn't rapidly like "HACKER HACKER HACKER HACKER" it was in sentences like "Some people might think you are hacking," so it wasn't being offensive really...It was just stating a fact

It also wasn't the fact I was calling you a hacker....It was the rude way you said things to us espically with those notes as if I'm the best and you are the worst.I've heard you have done it before as to one of the other users on Blocktopia they can explain to you what you did.

-Jenben101

ChocoFox

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Before this flares up again, I think the best is to get a member of staff to put a judrication on this. Besides, this is a bug report, not a player critising thread.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Stop arguing, and stop using the results of the command to anger each other. If this carries on we'll have no choice but to remove another plugin from the general playerbase. I want to feel as if I can trust you all, so we are fairly lenient with the permissions - but we may have to remove this if you continue to argue about it.

Nillbugwtw some thoughts would be nice.