• Total voters

Logan

Reaction score
Ahem ahem >_>

*cough* my village wars idea *cough cough

Of course adapted to whatever the new team system will be

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe I could start as a ghost (basically, it'd be that I'm the same character, Miles Prower, but I died during the final battle of Discordia and some how made it to SMP 1.8) and I would have to be resurrected by someone in order to be able to do more than float around, haunting place, in spectator mode.

When resurrected, I'd probably end up serving the town that revived me...

The Phantom

Mr. Sexy Cobblestone
Reaction score
1. Make a pretty-looking custom map with WorldPainter. Or don't.

2. Limit plugins to those based around basic administration, clans, chat, and maybe economy.

3. Make a small and simple central spawn area.

4. Let people more or less do whatever they want. Enforce griefing on a case-by-case basis with block history and make sure people aren't big flopping dicks to each other.

5. ??? (Players actually enjoying a genuine multiplayer Minecraft server where their individual experiences are up to them)

6. PROFIT, a.k.a. a server very much like the popular "golden age" Blocktopia SMPs from years ago.

A long time ago I used to think that the best servers were filled with over-complicated systems, application forms, quests, and back stories, but I quickly learned that the things I thought would streamline every process simply made them more complicated and frustrating. Sometimes these are good for niche servers, but for smaller communities like Blocktopia, I think it's best to stay as vanilla as possible.

Keep it simple. Let the players have fun and do as they please (within reason). We used to do that a long time ago, and we had a lot of players. Now, not so much.

JtTorso

Reaction score
1. Make a pretty-looking custom map with WorldPainter. Or don't.

2. Limit plugins to those based around basic administration, clans, chat, and maybe economy.

3. Make a small and simple central spawn area.

4. Let people more or less do whatever they want. Enforce griefing on a case-by-case basis with block history and make sure people aren't big flopping dicks to each other.

5. ??? (Players actually enjoying a genuine multiplayer Minecraft server where their individual experiences are up to them)

6. PROFIT, a.k.a. a server very much like the popular "golden age" Blocktopia SMPs from years ago.

A long time ago I used to think that the best servers were filled with over-complicated systems, application forms, quests, and back stories, but I quickly learned that the things I thought would streamline every process simply made them more complicated and frustrating. Sometimes these are good for niche servers, but for smaller communities like Blocktopia, I think it's best to stay as vanilla as possible.

Keep it simple. Let the players have fun and do as they please (within reason). We used to do that a long time ago, and we had a lot of players. Now, not so much.
That was essentially DoD, we had a story (I guess) and dungeons, but it was pretty near vanilla, it had villages, it had an economy, and ignoring the plugin we used for bosses no other plugins were there to directly benefit players.

parquette

Reaction score
I think we need the SMP server to come out soon. Mainly because we (well, I know I have) have been waiting for a couple of months, and a lot of people aren't on Blocktopia these days, and I don't quite blame them. Nobody plays Infection anymore because it is old, and nobody is on AaT anymore because of the same thing(well, yesterday I did see someone on there, but still, that was only one person), and RoF is like the only server that is inhabited by players. I think the SMP should come out soon, because I don't want to play just BB, cause either I don't like the other servers, or because nobody is on the ones I do like. We just need TNT and the new SMP to come out. :)

P.S. The Lobby is still in Halloween Décor.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I think we need the SMP server to come out soon. Mainly because we (well, I know I have) have been waiting for a couple of months, and a lot of people aren't on Blocktopia these days, and I don't quite blame them. Nobody plays Infection anymore because it is old, and nobody is on AaT anymore because of the same thing(well, yesterday I did see someone on there, but still, that was only one person), and RoF is like the only server that is inhabited by players. I think the SMP should come out soon, because I don't want to play just BB, cause either I don't like the other servers, or because nobody is on the ones I do like. We just need TNT and the new SMP to come out. :)

Tell that to sponge devs to release Sponge and convert all bukkit plugins then >.>

• Thank You
Reactions: JtTorso

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score

Yo we kind of need 1.8, or people will be crying about a new server right after 1.8 is released, due to a lack of the new items, so there is nothing I can do as for now.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
I've been sitting on this for a while now, and I feel like just posting it at the moment:

Journey to Elysium: Rebirth.

All of the servers original features such as custom dungeons, McMMO, Quests, Village system via application, etc.

Expanded PvP zone with no grief and possibly new features to entice people into it.

Expanded storyline.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I've been sitting on this for a while now, and I feel like just posting it at the moment:

Journey to Elysium: Rebirth.

All of the servers original features such as custom dungeons, McMMO, Quests, Village system via application, etc.

Expanded PvP zone with no grief and possibly new features to entice people into it.

Expanded storyline.
The PvP zone idea wasnt very popular amongst PvPers, it was a joke really, PvE zones and PvP zones never works like planned/intended to, and it usually just ends up so that effectively everything is PvE.

• Agree
Reactions: crashb23 and Notme

Rytheria

Reaction score
Would personally like to see a server that has a lot of storyline and villages to explore.
Didn't really enjoy heroes too much but I'd like to see some features from Primordia brought back.

Really hyped for a new server, because it's that time of the year now! :p