Bounties & Jails

Malacath

God of Orcs & Destruction
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Shande, Araidian, Brickwolf, Greg and I have been working on a little bounty system for within our family.
What if a Dagon raids a Dagon? Normally, not much would happen. A conversation with the raider, maybe a kick or jail?
The leaders of Dagon came with this perfect plan, since we want the best for our family we set this up. I'll give you a little scedule about what I mean.

Before you start reading, this is the Beta version of the system. It's not 100% worked out yet.
==== Rules on bounties/jails ====

Griefing
Minor grief:
on accident: warning
on purpose: 100 shilling bounty / 30 minutes jail
Average grief:
on purpose: 250 shilling bounty / 1 hour jail
Major grief:
on accident: warning + you'll have to rebuild everything with the owner.
on purpose: 500+ / 2+ hours jail
==== important ====
The generals+ will judge from their experienced point of view when we're speaking of a Minor/Average/Major grief.
When is it on accident? Mostly new members will make silly mistakes, but people who are known in Dagon know better.

Stealing
Minor steal: (unimportant stuff, dirt, stone, etc.)
on purpose: 500 shilling bounty / 1 hour jail
Average steal: (half the chest, some gems, iron, tools, etc.)
on accident: warning + small fee (depends on what is stolen)
on purpose: 1000 shilling bounty / 2 hour jail
Major steal: (alot of valuable stuff, stacks of gems/blocks, etc.)
on accident: warning + face jail (time depends on the steal)
on purpose: 3000 shilling bounty / 5+ hour jail
==== important ====
If the steal includes alot of valuable stuff, example : 100 diamonds. the fee will be raised to the worth of the items + 50%, means 150% the value of the stuff.
The leaders will judge you on the steal, this can decrease your bounty or jail or increase it. Never ever lie, we also speak with the victims.

Killing members
On accident: this can happen, we just warn you for it and tell you to be more careful next time.
On purpose: We take this serious. You pay 1000 shillings to the victim, return their stuff and the leaders of Dagon will have a serious talk with you.
==== important ====
How can we know it was on accident/purpose? Of course, we ask the victim what happened. If the killer struck the target multiple times, did not listen when target said ''stop'' or had problems before with the other user this will be referred as 'On purpose'.
So please, be careful.

Insulting members
On accident: You cant insult on accident. You can only say something excessive with a different meaning and still hurt that person. If that happens, we'll just warn you and hope you'll use some more common sense next time.
On purpose: This will be taken very serious. Insulting other people for no good reason will end in a kick from Dagon or a long time jail. Thing about 10+ hours, depends on how bad it was.

==== important end note ====
Every steal/grief can be checked by Trusted+. Take this in account.
Every misconduct will be taken seriously. We will handle the rulebreakers with respect. Always at any time.
People who are experienced on the server and do this might be punished harder since they know very very good what's wrong and what's not. Take this in account.

For the love of god, read the rules and THINK before you ACT. because here are some of the consequenses.

Now this whole system might sound hypocrite and dickish but many of you will never ever come in touch with this. I know you guys follow the rules (most of the time:p) so there's no reason to fear this system! It's a ''just in case'' system!

Good day!

@Araidian
@Shande
@BrickWolf
@IamGreg07

Want this to be improved? Post a comment!
And please say what you think about this system.

AND ARAIDIAN WILL ALSO POST A LITTLE UPDATE ABOUT OUR RANKS

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
@Malacath
Trusted+ may not reveal who stole from another, except if it was a grief steal. As well, using the warn system, jail system, or any other staff powers are not to be used for family issues.

So, example:
Dagonite Johnson steals from Malacath.
Malacath has staff to check if a Dagonite stole/griefed from him.
Staff member Blob checks and finds there was no grief, but Johnson indeed stole from Malacath. Blob may NOT tell Malacath that it was Johnson, or even that it was a Dagonite. Furthermore, since it was a legal theft, no punishment will follow unless Mala finds out without use of staff powers.

Example 2:
Johnson grief-steals BrickWolf.
BrickWolf has staff check this.
Staff member Shark finds Johnson grief-stole.
Shark may tell BrickWolf who grief and stole. However, it is up to the staff member Shark how Johnson is punished. BrickWolf may set a bounty if he wishes, however.

P.S. If something turns out so severe that the jail time is over 3 hours, it's probably enough to be banned.

Malacath

Reaction score
@Defiant_Blob

And here we have the reason why it's still in 'beta'.
By the way, I'm talking about family stealing from the same family eh, that's not legal at all? Since it's a rule in Dagon and probably in every other family.
No, maybe the Trusted+ can't tell me who it did. But, since our leaders are also OP(Shande), Trusted(arai) and Controller(Brick) they will handle the punishments within Dagon on Dagon. (I hope lol)

Thanks for saying by the way, now I can improve the list.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
By the way, I'm talking about family stealing from the same family eh, that's not legal at all? Since it's a rule in Dagon and probably in every other family.
Family Rules =/= Server Rules, however. It's why COPS can't use any staff powers themselves ;)
EDIT: As in, I was using legal to Server Rules.
No, maybe the Trusted+ can't tell me who it did. But, since our leaders are also OP(Shande), Trusted(arai) and Controller(Brick) they will handle the punishments within Dagon on Dagon. (I hope lol)
They can't if it was legal (to server rules). Even if they check it out with their own powers, they can not act upon anything they find unless it is found to be illegal. So, if BrickWolf finds someone has been stealing from his own chests (to server rules), he has to act as if he never saw it. No bounties, no verbal warning, no anything. It'd be as if I sat in IRC and accidentally saw Jammy planning to assassinate Duffie. I wouldn't be allowed to act upon it and tell Duffie, as it wouldn't be fair for Jammy since he trusts anything he says will be only seen by those he meant to say it to.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
It'd be as if I sat in IRC and accidentally saw Jammy planning to assassinate Duffie. I wouldn't be allowed to act upon it and tell Duffie, as it wouldn't be fair for Jammy since he trusts anything he says will be only seen by those he meant to say it to.
Thanks.

Malacath

Reaction score
@raxo2222

We mostly know when we slap each other friendly. And we always slap each other friendly since we're primitive animals. And if we log off after we accidently slapped someone to death we frown our eyebrows and throw bombs at the killer when he logs on.

@Defiant_Blob

STOP RUINING OUR SYSTEM, I'VE BEEN THINKING SO MUCH TO MAKE THIS, NO, SHOO. DONT COM MENT! ANYMORE! :cry:

mrmanguy4151

Reaction score
well, I personally like the idea. I also acknowledge that it has some kinks, but since it's in its beta test, that's to be expected. Good job so far; if this doesn't keep troublemakers in line, I don't know what will.

TheFurion101

Nostalgic
Reaction score
@Araidian isn't online at the time of writing, so I wanted to post here to alert you guys, I just got raided by a Dagon member. I noticed he modifyed blocks. It's a good thing I locked my chests, because he killed all my cows. I know it's legal, but isn't that a family rule? @Malacath

Malacath

Reaction score
@TheFurion101 that's the whole point. Defiant might be telling that those are the server rules, but what's fun about being in a family if they can raid you? Nothing. So it's not allowed. Like defiant said server rules =/= family rules. And now we're talking about family rules. No raiding is allowed in your own family, that will end in a bounty. So, wait for an Trusted+ WITHIN Dagon to check. He can help you further!

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
@TheFurion101 that's the whole point. Defiant might be telling that those are the server rules, but what's fun about being in a family if they can raid you? Nothing. So it's not allowed. Like defiant said server rules =/= family rules. And now we're talking about family rules. No raiding is allowed in your own family, that will end in a bounty. So, wait for an Trusted+ WITHIN Dagon to check. He can help you further!
Trusted+ can only help if they broke the server's /rules, If a Dagon member stole from you, NOBODY that is Trusted+ can tell you who it was unless they took pictures or video, or anything like that of the player actually inside your house, stealing from you; That would be abuse of powers, and as Aya once said, "If anyone uses Hawk to find out who legally stole, then reveals it, It's an instant demotion.", Though, he is no longer an HC but it may still stand.

Shande

The Real Slim Shande
Donor
Reaction score
Nope, can't help you out. Not allowed (and would be unfair).

Only way this can work out is if this person who saw the other person steal had proof...

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
@Shande Why o' why did we set up this system then, you were there but didnt say anything about this. Noone did. For fuck sake.
Because this would intimidate new comers perhaps and therefor they might not even attempt it. You should've known, seeing as you're a nobility.

Malacath

Reaction score
Because this would intimidate new comers perhaps and therefor they might not even attempt it. You should've known, seeing as you're a nobility.
I can't know everything. Discussion ended and therefore this thread is now pretty useless. Lets drop what you've read here. it's useless now

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Only things that really need to be revealed are jail times and rules on stealing.
When a person is griefed, they can still have the bounty and such set and punishments you mentioned, coupled with the jailing (which the time is decided by the staff member, mind you)

Salvationist

Reaction score
These news laws look fair and good alot of preperation has been put into them and i congratulate whoever made them ( don't get a big head tho) and i hope this all goes well :help:

Friendy

Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Quite easily enough, surprisingly. For example: Jolteon42 almost slaughtered me accidentally on the vampire server.(He was trying to hit a sheep)
I think he means when, In Primordia someone was hit to death with a stone sword in Dagon and they said 'Sorry I didn't mean to', Which is obviously not true as It'd take like 9 hits.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
How do you 'accidentally' bludgeon someone to death with a weapon of potential destruction?
It would probably be more along the lines of the person already being low on health and someone turns quickly and accidentally hits (tends to happen to me with my zombie skin) or was trying to hit something else but the person walked in front of them.