Books-a-Dozen

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Soon to be opening in TNT's marketplace is Books-A-Dozen! It will sell and rent out a variety of books, from SMP Rules - Compendium to the first volume of Realms of Minecraftia!
I will offer other services as well, such as book publishing and more!

Books Available:
  • SMP Rules - Compendium (13 pages) -- 8 gold
  • Realms of Minecraftia: Vol. 1 (45+ pages) -- 4 diamonds
Books to be Available:
  • Realms of Minecraftia: Vol. 2+
  • The Afterstory: Vol. 1+
  • Server Information
Available Discounts:
  • Newcomer - All newcomers can rent the Compendium for free.
  • Roleplayer - Any participant writer of a community story gets a 1 diamond discount. Must have actively played a role in said story.
Current Orders:
  • Duffie - Realms of Minecraftia: Vol. 1 -- 3 diamonds (IN PROGRESS)
  • Rosekill - Realms of Minecraftia: Vol. 1 -- 4 diamonds (COMPLETED)
  • HarmakPaul - Realms of Minecraftia: Vol. 1 -- 3 diamonds (NOT STARTED)
How do I order a book?
Simply post below which book you would like. I will write up this book, and you can pick it up at the shop when I've written it.
Why are the books so expensive?
Each book takes a lot of time to write, as each is hand-written. It is approximately 1 diamond per 10 pages, varying.
How can I get my book published in Books-a-Dozen?
To begin with, publish a book and give it to me (to get the correct format). I will then review it, and if I believe it satisfactory, sell it at Books-a-Dozen. You will get 1/3 of the profit from your book!
Can I rent a book instead?
Indeed! You can check out a book, just like at a library, for a cheaper price! However, you must stay in-store during the whole reading.
The store is so far away! Can I have it delivered?
Certainly! The delivery fee is your distance from the shop divided by 100 in gold. So, if you are 2,300 blocks away from the shop, you would have to pay 23 gold ingots.
Can I work for the shop?
Please contact Marnixxie about working in the marketplace. Jobs available: delivery man, printer, clerk, guard, and manager. Naturally, one would get paid dependent upon their job.
I have more questions!
Feel free to ask below!

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Obv. people don't read signs anymore. My spawn chest has been griefed dozens of times even though it was surrounded by "DO NOT GRIEF" signs. Meanwhile, I put a book inside the chest saying "DO NOT GRIEF" and half of the players who grief it replace the items promptly after reading the book.

BOOKS FTW!