Blossomring Island Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faliara

Reaction score

The sky was dark. The rain was pouring down. Occasionally, streaks of lightning flashed down the sky, as loud sounds filled the air. The ship was steering into danger as it went down the river. Yet they had no choice, for what they once called home no longer existed.

The supplies were running low, and the nomads were starving. However, the spirit within them were not let down, for there was only one goal: survive.

Then they saw it.

Far away, beyond the horizon, a light shone across. As they got nearer, they found what they were looking for. A place to live.

As the first ones stepped ashore, a flag was inserted into the ground. Like the flag, their hearts could not be moved. The smell of flowers filled the air, as birds flew across the sky.
It was the perfect place.

Thus the name: Blossomring.
The island of flowers.

Till this day, the people of the island are still constantly thriving and expanding, accepting new members.

Village name:
Blossomring Island

Village theme:
Island of flowers

Introduction of your village:

Founded in May by Faliara, Blossomring is a swampy island situated near Esper. Named after the beautiful sight of flowers on the island, one of the main goals of the village is to achieve village status.

The approximate coordinates of the village center:
1608, 65, -84

Members(included yourself and leaders):
[Leader]Faliara
[Architect]EpiKittyz (Watermelon1388)
[Facilities]Deepak99_Benny99
[Member]Faremore
[Member]Pim
[Advisor]Endersteve5*
[Member]One_one_two*
[Member]fatalis

[Banned]Mad11gab8

*Inactive members

Some of the villagers currently belong to other settlements. They will quit those settlements if the application is accepted.

Prefered tag:
[Flora]

Screenshot of the village:

Why should your village be official:
Ever since the founders first stepped ashore, the island has turned into a bustling village, with new structures and friendly villagers.
With the numerous caves underneath as well as the large space around us, Blossomring is definitely a place full of resources.

As the first island to be named after its beautiful scenery of a myriad of flowers and plants, we believe that the island will truly develop, giving every visitor a unique experience.

Extra points:
That bridge connects to Hillona, which we have allied with. It is not a part of our village, it is a separate village which is growing well. Do not mistake it for a part of Blossomring.

The Blossomring Nether Network Station is located between Nether Fortress and Hobbiton stations.

Extra Note:
If this application is denied, I'd appreciate it if you gave us some tips to improve! -Faliara

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of visiting Blossomring Island quite a few times. Granted, a few of these times were for griefs, but I still took a look around.

I love your settlement's layout, it feels very fitting for an island/swamp environment. If this application is accepted, you'll be Elysium's third Island Settlement. As the leader of the maps first Island Settlement, I know how challenging it can be to build on limited space. On top of this you had a very specific goal regarding flowers, which I find very ambitious! I'm interested to see how you incorporate the new flowers of 1.7 into your settlement as well.

Blossomring Island is a fine settlement, and I can raise few objections to it becoming a village! +1

• Thank You
Reactions: Faliara

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Hmm right.

Well, I've looked over everything and there is two main issues I have: One, I don't see tons of activity. Many of your members I don't see to often on the server and just generally don't notice anyone when there are on. But my bigger issue currently, is I honestly don't see a building theme right now. One second I see nice spruce wood houses and stonebrick and such, then jungle wood and logs and netherrack. Random crafting benches and jack o lanterns are in different places, and just feels kinda scattered.

Now for what I like: I see lots of room for expansion, and I definitely think with a little improvement and activity this can become a quite impressive village. But until I see that I'm going to go with a 0 for now.

Faliara

Reaction score
Hmm right.

Well, I've looked over everything and there is two main issues I have: One, I don't see tons of activity. Many of your members I don't see to often on the server and just generally don't notice anyone when there are on. But my bigger issue currently, is I honestly don't see a building theme right now. One second I see nice spruce wood houses and stonebrick and such, then jungle wood and logs and netherrack. Random crafting benches and jack o lanterns are in different places, and just feels kinda scattered.

Now for what I like: I see lots of room for expansion, and I definitely think with a little improvement and activity this can become a quite impressive village. But until I see that I'm going to go with a 0 for now.
Well, thanks for your time :) We'll try to improve on the points you pointed out.

But on one of your points... the building theme... Well, another one of our goals is to become one of the first to not have an exact building theme. As long as they look nice and not like a big cobble box (no offence, Xfolo) it's okay.

• Informative
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Hmm right.

Well, thanks for your time :) We'll try to improve on the points you pointed out.

But on one of your points... the building theme... Well, another one of our goals is to become one of the first to not have an exact building theme. As long as they look nice and not like a big cobble box (no offence, Xfolo) it's okay.
Hm, well, Sancti was *similar* in this. We had very loose building rules. However, I do think have a specific theme and rules is important. They don't have to be as strict as Prizugrad or Crucia, but it's good to have some form of uniformity. If this does get denied, I think you should focus on recruiting active members and sticking loosely to a building theme. :3

Faliara

Reaction score
Hmm right.

Hm, well, Sancti was *similar* in this. We had very loose building rules. However, I do think have a specific theme and rules is important. They don't have to be as strict as Prizugrad or Crucia, but it's good to have some form of uniformity. If this does get denied, I think you should focus on recruiting active members and sticking loosely to a building theme. :3
Well, truth be told, there actually is a similarity between them all.

In which each and every one of them includes the use of logs.

._.

• Winner
Reactions: Enderfive

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score

._.
This is good, don't get me wrong! But it's a good idea to only use 1 or two types of logs. Sancti uses Birch and Jungle for our buildings. Different woods complement different blocks. For example, stonebrick and spruce go well together, and birch and sandstone go together well also.

Faliara

Reaction score

._.
This is good, don't get me wrong! But it's a good idea to only use 1 or two types of logs. Sancti uses Birch and Jungle for our buildings. Different woods complement different blocks. For example, stonebrick and spruce go well together, and birch and sandstone go together well also.
I know that, I was just stating out the similar thing between all the houses :p

But yeah, that's a great idea, ya know? S many different combos that could go well together, and it's just so hard to choose! That's why I don't pick one specific style.

• Informative
Reactions: Undefined User 7

JohnOgozalek

Forever Shining
Reaction score
Unfortunately - I do not believe that this settlement is ready for official village status - for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the building of the settlement is not the greatest. There seems to be primarily wood based homes, which while good - doesn't seem to fit in the with the 'flowery' and colorful theme. You live in a swamp - and I'd like to walk into a town (especially one based in a swamp) and go: ''whoa, this is beautiful'', and I didn't get that - for your living in a swamp with very dull and basic colors and out of the entire town, I only found some roses and flowers dotting the landscape here and there. No magnificent gardens, or streetlights, or any festive things. It looked gloomy. The houses as Jinks said, seem to be very mixed and matched. Random netherack dotting here and there, all that sort of stuff.

You said you wanted to be the only settlement without a exact ''theme'' and although ambitious, it just doesn't work in this setting. Towns should have a central principle for building, otherwise - it just doesn't look like a town. I understand what your going for, and what you mean by no theme, but it just doesn't work in a Minecraft setting. Especially a town in a swamp. To use Wisteria as a example; they have created their own little world within a swamp - they have a bright energy which is needed in such a place. You should focus on establishing a way to make Blossomring simply more pretty, and more united.

To members - some of you I do see every so often, but not enough so that I know that if accepted; your village would continue and become better. I could see us accepting this, and then just never hearing from you guys again.
I think you need to build more off the 'flowery' idea and concept you guys are working on. Lights floating in the air, garden upon garden upon garden, that lake you guys have - make a fountain that is crimson and stands out to the eye, make it pretty and make it glow. You need I believe a more active and centralized player-base, and more builders to help out with the town as a whole.

I will be going with a -1 for now. I hope to see some changes, and I hope to see you re-apply, because for all the negative I pointed out, there are positives to the settlement. I wish you good luck, and really do hope you guys continue with the settlement!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I cant decide on this one, I like the building, but im not too sure about the players, I just dont see htem enough, barely at all. Sorry.

Im going with a 0.

If you apply again at a later point, with more active members, the vote might turn out different.

• Thank You

French_Fries

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I had a look at Blossomring Island the other day and I have to agree with John and Danni, I don't see the members enough to be sure.
I think you need to establish your Theme a bit more like John said, so for now I will be going with a 0.

If you apply at a later time with more active members my opinion may change.
Good luck

• Thank You

DaniGrenade

Reaction score
Website
www.nyancat.net
I had a look at Blossomring Island the other day and I have to agree with John and Danni, I don't see the members enough to be sure.
I think you need to establish your Theme a bit more like John said, so for now I will be going with a 0.

If you apply at a later time with more active members my opinion may change.
Good luck
What tommy said,I just don't believe it is ready to become a village, and I hardly see the players. The buildings are ok, but it just seems dull imo.0, and may you improve to see a change.

• Thank You

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
Being an official village is a pretty big deal. Because of this, it takes a lot of dedication to get accepted, from numerous people. Right now, your village just doesn't reflect that amount of work. However, there is a lot of potential, and I can see that an effort has been made. I'm going to go with a 0 for now, but I wish you luck on this application, and the next if it is not accepted.

Fatalis

Reaction score
I also recently added a surgery wing. I am totally certified to do this.
I know, I saw it :p I really like it. You can make it bigger as long as it only goes upwards. And don't make it too tall; what're you gonna do with all the extra space? xD
Don't worry, I always have a plan.

I had to expand outwards slightly to include extra rooms, but only from the second floor up.

Faliara

Reaction score
I also recently added a surgery wing. I am totally certified to do this.
I know, I saw it :p I really like it. You can make it bigger as long as it only goes upwards. And don't make it too tall; what're you gonna do with all the extra space? xD
Don't worry, I always have a plan.

I had to expand outwards slightly to include extra rooms, but only from the second floor up.
Oh, alright, don't make it too big!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of neutral votes. While, like the others said, it's a nice island right now - it could use some work and the activity could be increased a bit more. I will deny this for now, with the hope that you all will improve upon it.

Status
Not open for further replies.