Blocktopia Zombie Server Group Picture (Delivery!)

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com

Q: Why did this take so long?
A: Because I'm a hack.

Plus I literally could have spent an entire year on it. I'm a perfectionist like that. I might have even gotten around to colouring it. I even considered just letting it be for next year's Christmas. MUAHAHAHAHAH. But no, that's really unnecessary. While I would have liked to posted on the intended date, I really wasn't able to. In the three months I had given myself to do the project I had a full time job that paid UBERS AND UBERS amounts of extra cash that I really needed for school. I was also trying to focus on paying stuff intime, planning for school, and any extra time I could get for myself was desperate. So little actual FOCUS time for the project until around the end of December and all of January when I could sit down and give some actual determination on it. A little more what kept me from doing it was I was really unhappy with the progress. I would probably redraw every person five times until I became satisfied with what I have drawn. ARTIST ANGST.

Q: I see an error.
A: I'm not God. Even if it's something small I will be regretful but will not go in to fix the error. The picture is how it is. If it's on your character there are two reasons for it:
1) It wasn't possible for me to draw it. I know someone asked for plaid and you just don't draw plaid. You don't.
2) I didn't read over your application correctly and you may hit me with the nearest brick.

Q: I applied but I'm not in it.
A: I literally over-checked the list I had and thread and private messages to MAKE SURE I had everyone. It was my biggest fear of accidently, somehow not having a person who applied in it. Even posted on my thread of anyone who had previously asked me via PM or in person on a post declaring about the list etc etc. IF I DID MISS YOU SOMEHOW. HIT ME WITH A BRICK. And I owe you tons. How will I pay you back? Don't know, but I will.

Q: I'm not standing next to the person I had wanted to.
A: Going to be honest here, I disregarded that part. I started it in Paint.net and placed everyone where it seemed nice and ratio wise. Sorry about that really. I really hope everyone does like where they are at least. It was too late once I had realized it and I did not wish to go through more crashes and slow renderings for the picture.

Q: How long did it take to do on computer and how many times did Paint.net crash before it was completed?
A: At least 40+ times crashed. From 10AM to 2PM was the timespan of effort I had used towards the project completely.

Q: Who did you draw best?
A: I like to think I gave everyone the same amount of attempt. If I'd have to pick out which looked the best/crisp it would be Swate. I dunno why but that would look like a cool sticker.

Q: Who did you draw the worst?
A: I'll take this one as who did I have the most difficult time drawing. It was Chillingworth's. HOW TO TOGA?

Q: What would you change about the picture now?
A: Give everyone shadows. Drawing them in real life would be easier, computer generated would look weird. A sense of depth would be nice for it though. While I was playing with the editing I did find a way to make everything look TEN TIMES more sweet, but it didn't fit with the format of the drawing at all. So I dropped the vignette effects.

Q: Would you ever do this again?
A: No. Never.
Okay maybe.

Q: Would you do it for another server?
A: The only other possible server I would do a group picture for is my poor, dying, patron server Lava Survival. Any other server's would have buy a commission. Whether in real money or diamonds via JtE.

Q: Overall?
A: It was fun. I learned a lot more about my style, was forced to go into other clothes variants, like cowboy hats for instance. I did this to show my best possible appreciation towards the server. I've met tons of cool people and would hope this big project will come off as how many people of interest have been brought to Zombie Survival, and my own art practice of course.

Keep drawing, keep trying, and dam u str8 babygurl.