Creative Blocktopia Progress Report, General Info, & Teasers!

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me

•··································•··································•··································•··································•

Hello!

I'd like to preface this report by saying that I was / am extremely busy. I've been juggling a few things in this community now, and sometimes things get prioritized over Blocktopia.

My staff team continues to work on Blocktopia though, along with some contributors so shout out to them, they made this much more possible. =)

•··································•··································•··································•··································•

Progress Report

General Server

70%

███████▒▒▒

The general building blocks of the server are going smoothly and overall progress is being made. Spawns are being worked on, perms tested, and plugins configured.

Plugins

60%
██████▒▒▒▒

The majority of plugins are already configured, including Permissions, Essentials, and more.
I'm still waiting on a very important plugin, FAWE, to have complete 1.13 compatibility with PlotSquared. They have finally, just within the last week, pushed out a very new development version of it that works. However, it is nowhere near perfect yet. We will have to wait for the FAWE dev team to publish a more stable version before we launch Blocktopia.

Builds

30%

███▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

We have spawns for AdvPlots, Plots, and a General Hub Spawn planned out and built, with just a few additional details yet to be added.

We still have a few spawns that need to be built completely from scratch, although some old Create spawns may be reused as well. If you are willing to help out the team with building some of them, feel free to shoot me a PM! We appreciate any help we can get!

What the hell is going on? Blocktopia?

Many players are confused after having seen Blocktopia announcements in Create, or perhaps overhearing my staff talking about the Blocktopia server. I realize now that my previous posts didn't detail too much because I didn't want to give away everything, but hopefully I can answer some questions and clear up some rumours.

....Alright, so what is Blocktopia?

Blocktopia is essentially Create renovated.

Create has gone through a lot, it's kinda like the old car you keep around because you love it, have many memories with it, and it's gotten you where you need to go, but you know that it's breaking down and a replacement is due very shortly.

There are various features implemented throughout Create that are broken, not fully implemented, amongst various other issues and troubles. These make it really hard for me to update, maintain, and release new content to Create's playerbase. My solution is this: a brand new server, packed with cool new utilities and commands, and complete with Create's important files transferred over.

Dude, what's gonna happen to my builds?

Don't Fret! All builds during this process will be transferred and safely kept on the new server.

FlatWorlds will be kept unchanged, along with any other public worlds like Terrain, Maps, etc.

All old plot worlds from Create will be brought over, and users will still be able to build on their old plots. However, the old plot worlds will no longer have plot claiming enabled, meaning that all new claims will land you a plot in one of the new plot worlds introduced with Blocktopia. In order to save on server space, we will slowly transfer old plots onto the new plot world. Note that no users will lose any plots. All plots will be moved methodically, one by one, without exception. You will not have to worry about requesting your plot to be transferred.

We have decided to do this because there are problems with the old plot worlds. Some of them are corrupted at the edges, and this corruption can only get worse with future Minecraft updates.

Okay, thats fine... what about my rank!?

Luckily, permissions are fairly easy to bring from one server to another.
All ranks will remain, and players will keep all of their prior Create rank progress!

You can kiss your Builder title, because its following you over to Blocktopia =)

So, why does this matter to me as a player?

I'm glad you asked!

As previously stated, Create is decrepit. As a developer, I personally feel like I'm walking through a minefield of spaghetti code and bad plugins whenever I go into the backend. It makes my skin crawl at how messy and unmanageable it is back there.

Once Blocktopia is completely finished, I won't have to worry so much anymore. I will be able to install new plugins or update current ones without the risk of it ruining something else or corrupting critical data somewhere.

It will be a huge relief for all the server developers, myself included, and in turn it will also give you the opportunity to experience more of the sort of Creative server that we want to present to you.

I'm doing this for the sake of my sanity, for the sanity of future developers and staff, and most importantly for the future of our Creative server. I hope this launch will bring to light some of the half implemented ideas Create tried to use but failed at, as well as introduce a lot of new fun things, too.

Teasers? Teasers!

1.13 when?

wow, advanced builders ARE good at building

old habits die hard

/help? never heard of her (click)

Last edited:

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I’m quite offended that you did include my...wonderful...bplots spawn in the teaser and I think that is the best part of the entire server :V

• Sad
Reactions: Hex

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
Heh, to think I have plots from Buildbox and Buildbox 2.0 that carried over to Create and are now carrying over to Buildbox...

hell yeah
Yeah, but this time around we won't make it a huge mess of requests and players having us download everything, therefore shouldn't be nearly as annoying to do, for users and staff alike.