Blocktopia Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
And now; the ending.

After a very quick vote, Gamefan__15 is led to his death by none other than Defiant_Blob. Gamefan falls, and nothing happens for what seems like an eternity.
But then he transforms into his true form, a zombie. He gives up his pearl of transformation. The villagers excitedly grab it. The humans realize that the zombie was the last threat to them, and no one else will die.

The civilians have won! Everyone alive has won it for their team.

Defiant_Blob and DarthLego5679 give up their pearls of transformation and turn into iron golems. They resume their role of protecting the village of Clobule against attack.

TheFurion101 resumes his duties of providing first aid to the town, with the death of AngelWV haunting him forever.

DKnucklehead gives up his pearl of transformation, and lives his days as a friendly Creeper guarding the village against the toughest of foes.

HarmakPaul remains gathering ores for Clobule, as the last Civilian left alive.

Congrats to everyone for making this game possible, and I will make another game in a day or two because it was so popular.

Awards:
Survivors
HarmakPaul, Defiant_Blob, DKnucklehead, TheFurion101, DarthLego5679.
Most Decorated Night Role
Killer1525-Single-handedly took out two of the three Zombies.
A Pity
smelyalata-Murdered the first night.

Now for insight
Night 1: I was not shocked at all when smelyalata was killed. Honest.
Day 1: At the end of the day, I seriously thought the Civilians were going to self destruct.
Night 2: The Zombies had targeted Defiant_Blob, but his iron golem role protected him.
Day 2: I still thought the civilians had a small chance of success.
Night 3: The Zombies had targeted DarthLego5679, but his iron golem role
protected him.
Day 3: I am shocked killer and gamefan did not cast doubt on the people Angel had not investigated.

List of possible changes:
For the next game I will remain host, so that these games should hopefully stay successful. For the next game, I have a few changes in mind.
Removal of the Creeper role.
It was a good idea at first, but I learned the person on the receiving end would consider it a cheap death.
Addition of the Godfather(Name will be Enderman) role.
The godfather is the 'leader' of the Mafia, and when the cop targets him, the cop will be informed the godfather is a civilian.
Basically the godfather should help prevent Mafia becoming too formulatic, with no one strategy being too effective, as I feel Mafia should be based on each person, and not one winning strategy.
Changing the role of Serial Killer to the role of Vigilante. (Snow Golem)
The vigilante will be mostly the same as serial killer, but his goal is to kill all the mafia as well, effectively putting him on the side of the civilians.
Why: I feel the role of serial killer is too lopsided, and the person being the serial killer has the odds staked against him. This new goal should make the role fun for the person using it.
Bulletproof Civilians will be fewer in number, or with a higher player count retain the same number.
I think that bulletproof civilians are essentially a way to slow the game down, but I
do not want to get rid of them, because they do help out the civilians. So I will downgrade their numbers so its not so lopsided.

Feel free to dispute any of the changes, these are just off the top of my head. I prefer more discussion about these changes so I know what to include/not include for next time.

And everyone who has died, you may now talk. :D

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Nice game guys! So close to dying a couple of times D: (Though I tried to stir as much information up as I could so that the Mafia/Skele would perhaps target me, killing them in the process since I was a creeper. Didn't matter in the end though :p )

Anyways, I'm probably not going to play the next game, but I will watch!

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
Weee. Good game everyone. And I didn't post because I had no good counterpoint so I was pretty much doomed either way.
My friend was sleeping over last night, if he wasn't I might have been able to come up with n alibi, but oh well. Well played everyone :D

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Weee. Good game everyone. And I didn't post because I had no good counterpoint so I was pretty much doomed either way.
My friend was sleeping over last night, if he wasn't I might have been able to come up with n alibi, but oh well. Well played everyone :D
You should have said you were iron golem or citizen ( As should have killer1525 )

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Defiant_Blob Actually I realized I shouldn't care what strategies are used. It's still based on the individual regardless.

I will keep the godfather so I can see how it works in a game.

Plus, clever civilians encourages clever mafia play.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Defiant_Blob Actually I realized I shouldn't care what strategies are used. It's still based on the individual regardless.

I will keep the godfather so I can see how it works in a game.

Plus, clever civilians encourages clever mafia play.
As long as people learn to not throw accusations out for made up reasons next go around.

Gamefan__15

rotarepO eibmoZ-xE
Reaction score
Defiant_Blob
I should have, yes, if I had been on the forums earlier I would have, but since everyone had claimed I didn't really have much of a chance. (At least that's what I thought at the time, maybe it was worth a shot)

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Changing the role of Serial Killer to the role of Vigilante. (Snow Golem)
The vigilante will be mostly the same as serial killer, but his goal is to kill all the mafia as well, effectively putting him on the side of the civilians.
Why: I feel the role of serial killer is too lopsided, and the person being the serial killer has the odds staked against him. This new goal should make the role fun for the person using it.
I didn't play this round (obviously), so take it for what it's for from me, but why don't we have both? The SK can easily be the best role to have. Unless they're a lucky hit by someone to start off (which can happen to anyone), I find the SK to be very powerful. You just have to play it right. I don't think it's all that unfair to the person receiving it, I even consider it a gift when I get it.

The Vig is a great addition to the game, imo. Would love to see it implemented, but not at the expense of the SK.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Duffie I knew you were following closely after all those likes. :p You should join next round!

All right, MAYBE a serial killer and a vigilante. But I would need a lot of sign ups for that to happen. ;)

Just keep in mind the serial killer's odds of winning decrease the more people that play. I'm toying around with the idea of them having the ability of
an Iron Golem/Bulletproof Civilian as well, as their game can be ended by a lucky mafia hit/vigilante.

• Agree
Reactions: Gamefan__15
Status
Not open for further replies.