Blocktopia Event Day #3

F_35c1

¡El Mexicano!
Reaction score
We will be playing Hidden Source this time around.

If you haven't played this mod before, here's a quick run down.

There are two teams, one, is an invisible monster out for human flesh.

The other, is the human team, that the monster wants to kill.

You will need at least one steam game, TF2, Portal, Half Life are just a few.

Here is the download link.

Just a warning, the mod is not in development anymore and has bugs, including bugs that pertain to joining servers.

See you there, happy hunting!

• Winner
Reactions: Duffie

ranavalona

Reaction score
Nitpick: It needs to be a game that runs on Valve's Source engine, not just any game from Steam. The games F suggested all work. TF2 is probably the best choice, seeing as it's free and all. :p

Pick Yer Poison

is a kid now, is a squid now
Reaction score
Website
itisntrocketscience.tumblr.com
Just a warning, the mod is not in development anymore and has bugs, including bugs that pertain to joining servers.
> Still plans on using a game that has been verified as being bugged and preventing people from joining servers for an event day

says ill need halflife 2 to download D:
Any Source game will work. Portal, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Portal 2, Counter Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead, or Left 4 Dead 2, as well as a number of others I've undoubtedly forgotten, are all viable.

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score
@F_35c1

Who will run the server? You know we can fall back to actually using a dedi, someone just needs to tell me these things ;) Running this from a home connection would be a bad idea.

Btw, I disapprove that we once again picked a game that isnt Mac friendly....

Iguana

lmao i have a title
Reaction score
For Hidden Source you also need to have bought a game of the HL series first ;)

And it once agains doesnt work for mac people, damn, cant we pick multi-platform games?
When TF2 went F2P, Valve accidentally left the Source SDK alone as well, so since you can download the SDK for FREE that means you can play the Hidden:Source for free as well.