Support?

• Yay

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Nay

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scrable

Reaction score
The idea is simple, host a server every other weekend, starting from Friday on a game free to choose(optionally just occupy another server). These gamenights should last until about Sunday, although in the first weeks I would make it only last until Saturday evening, to ensure that people are online at all times, optionally it may also be on Saturday to Sunday.

Also remember that topic I started in Off-Topic about what you were playing or the not very thought out Alphabet one? It had actually an idea behind it, but so far I didn’t get many ideas for potential games to visit, which people are actually playing and interested in.
But the logic of these gamenights is, since our servers seem to simply die off after one day, to give this community something unique. And this partial uniqueness as well as diversified selection of games might just be what EscapeRestart needs. Just remember the regularity. We might be even able to obtain new players who will actually be quite interested. Well of course there are other communities who are also doing this, but at least there will be something to advertise :^)

And yes I do know this is still a Minecraft community, but I believe that there is a lot of potential inside it, best thing would be to establish ourselves on a brand new game. Of course to do that, first one has to find that particular game and I believe by rotating through games the community enjoys(or completely unknown ones, depends on what you want), we might even reach a new base.
Anyway, I’m not an advertiser and am just trying to give this great Community something back.

Also who would host those? And who would organize these? I would volunteer, but if it is only me it won’t happen regularly, and regularity is a requirement for it to work, otherwise nobody will even come. Hosting. A big point, since I only have a Computer which I am actually not willing to run throughout the weekend… So EscRes would be needed to host these.

Oh and another point to make, these gamenight servers would be free advertisement for our community, which means more people and more activity and… less silence. Hell, it might even bring the activity we seek. The only requirement for it to work would be a playerbase, or differently said, users who are interested in these gamenights and want to participate on those for some funtimes.
Free games are a big bonus if it comes to organizing a gamenight. Maybe even abandonware if that’s alright with everyone. In these cases I would also consider to keep the gamesizes rather small, for those people in this community who don’t have a modern internet connection.

Now, how would the game selection work? This is something I am still trying to think through. For now I am trying to collect information on what games the Community plays(which so far hadn't been very successful), I might just pick a random game for the first one. Although I do plan on giving the community a vote on what game should be played. Just remember that each game has a let's say 6 week cooldown(essentially 3 events), to avoid repetition. The limiting of the time the servers are open and, the bi-weekly concept is to prevent users from getting burned out and also fill up the servers.

So, thoughts? Ideas?
One thing to mention: It would be preferable to have games where people can join and leave while the game is in progress, although for the rare case of RTSs, certain Arena Shooters and as well as other genres we could organize one- night tournaments.(Hey Competition!)

PS: This might even lead to a Ricochet 2 gamenight :^)
But that’s enough optimism for today.

Below is the required layout:
Game: Every single one
Description of event: See above
List any required admin assistance: Primarily hosting it
Current stage of completion: 100%, although no end, just need your approval
Expected date of release: this weekend
Other notes:
If there is enough interest to kick it of, it will run by itself, that might be the hardest step of this.

Last edited:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If we want to "spice it up" with minecraft server, I am willing to set them up and deal with them, for at least the next two months.

These could be:
Vanilla SMP
Skyblock vanilla
Hunger games
TNT
Zombies
(other suggestions)

different FTB stuff:
Skyfactory
Age of Engeineering (im still in love with that modpack)
literally any other modpack.

I would love to see a solitude, but I dont have time to make it.

If anyone wants to make it, I would reccomend either doing a small one (aka team blue/red small solitude), or using an old map, which would save a lot of time. We have a bunch of old solitude maps that can be used.

I think doing this is a great idea, I have for a long time been wanting to do something like this, especially tied with meetings. Just more events, more often, in general, is one of the best things we can do.

G

Guest35486

Current stage of completion: 100%, although no end, just need your approval
Approved, though hosting each game will be more of a case by case thing. Since the 25 Days of Festivity, we haven't had many events. While many staff are developing servers and dealing with other issues, the rest of the community don't have much to see. I'll try to plan some again.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Scrable

Reaction score
Approved, though hosting each game will be more of a case by case thing. Since the 25 Days of Festivity, we haven't had many events. While many staff are developing servers and dealing with other issues, the rest of the community don't have much to see. I'll try to plan some again.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I understand that staff is quite busy here, which is why I am willing to volunteer organizing this. I would even set it up myself... If I knew how, for now I know that I don't.
Anyway, I'm suggesting to start it of this weekend... Although it would be nice to communicate this to everyone so people actually know that this is taking place. I already have a game in mind, if nobody has any objections against it. Actually to make my idea work out, I'll probably need to poll people on what game they would like to play.
But for now, I'd suggest Double Action: Boogaloo, a free game, available on steam... It's fun, it's fast.

The only things left to do, would be to announce it and set up the server... or rather prepare it to make it go online on... Friday/Saturday, still no idea what day is preferable. I'll probably set for Friday onward to Saturday.