Beetween your map being accepted and your map being added... How long is it meant to take?

8bitChap

Reaction score
I've been curious for a while now as to what causes the long delay between a map being accepted and added. I can understand the decision time to a point but I cannot fathom why a map would take 3 months to be added once accepted.

The amount of maps accepted currently totals 9, I think.

Red means - why did these take so long
Green means- Understandable

Emerald Arena - accepted on dec 27.
Isolated - accepted on dec 27.
Candyland - accepted october 13th.
Floating forest -accepted october 17th.
Chaos -accepted october 16th
Platforms - accepted october 16th
Frys-stein - accepted october 15th
Dragonwrecks - accepted october 31

Anyway, this was purely out of curiosity. Sorry if it seems rude. It's not meant to.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
The answer to this question could be one of many.
The Controller+ are a tad lazy and don't put the Config files in. (Or, busy).
The map(s) have issues that prevent the map from being put in.
The map(s) need edits (but this should not take that long, depending on what Edits need to be made).
Maybe waiting for an entirely new Rotation to put the maps in?

As well as other reasons that could lead to the maps not being put in ASAP.
May not be, however. Just my view on things.

Mmarz11

Former AoD Dev
Reaction score
Well, I know for my map Chaos that there were problems when they tried to import it to the server; it would end up crashing the server. Eventually was able to get it imported without a crash but the server really did not like doing so. Other maps may have various problems of their own.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
What it comes down to is the availability of my time. Input files are completed promptly by Haysagar, but unfortunately the bottom line is that trying to balance directing with administrative duties is a near impossible task, let alone when that is coupled with University assessment. I'm under no illusion that the time it has and is taking to add maps is anything other than unacceptable but at this point, while I may try, there is little I can do to speed it up until a replacement Director is appointed. Adding maps isn't the most streamlined process anyway, let alone when hitches and crashes/corruption is thrown into the fray. Regardless, I personally apologise to everyone for the failure to regularly add maps, and will continue to work towards getting this sorted as soon as possible.

8bitChap

Reaction score
What it comes down to is the availability of my time. Input files are completed promptly by Haysagar, but unfortunately the bottom line is that trying to balance directing with administrative duties is a near impossible task, let alone when that is coupled with University assessment. I'm under no illusion that the time it has and is taking to add maps is anything other than unacceptable but at this point, while I may try, there is little I can do to speed it up until a replacement Director is appointed. Adding maps isn't the most streamlined process anyway, let alone when hitches and crashes/corruption is thrown into the fray. Regardless, I personally apologise to everyone for the failure to regularly add maps, and will continue to work towards getting this sorted as soon as possible.
What if you balanced it out like maybe 10-20 minutes a day working on preparing and adding a map and setting a target amount of maps per week. Instead of letting them all pile up?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
What if you balanced it out like maybe 10-20 minutes a day working on preparing and adding a map and setting a target amount of maps per week. Instead of letting them all pile up?

Is it possible for there to be a rank that can add maps themselves, or added to Controller atleast? Or would that still require back-end access?

8bitChap

Reaction score
Is it possible for there to be a rank that can add maps themselves, or added to Controller atleast? Or would that still require back-end access?

Maybe add perms to trusted or since the player's map that's submited may cause problems let them resolve the problems with their own input too.

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score

If you can add 20 minutes to my day, sure.

Not possible, else I would have done so