[Awaiting Changes] Map Submission: CTF-FutureIslands

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
This map was built by vwbay72 and myself for about a week or two. The map has two main buildings, Blue and Red. There are a bunch of loating islands in between the two buildings where the battles will take place. There are four spawns for each team inside their main building. All the blocks should be opblock.
Some pictures:
Above the map, looking at the islands and main buildings.

The staircase in both main buildings.

One of the four spawns in each building.

Under the stairs.

Above the staircase.

Here is the upload code, it's in .dat format.
http://www.mediafire.com/?z15lyua0q7gz194

If you want to see any extra add ons or changes, than just tell me and I'll see what I can do.

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Great map, love the middle. :D
A few tippies:
1. Remove the signs that say "blue" and "red" and replace them with a red/blue lining or something. It doesn't look good to have words, looks a bit amateur.
2. The bases look a bit bland floorwise, potentially make a few decorations (pretty much last picture is a bit flat).
3. It feels a LOT like Skylands if you know the map besides the base layout and the island config, maybe mix it up a bit like add an under layer and no gravity killing (dunno if that is there or not).

Aaaanyways, nice job vwbay and goody! :)

properu

Pure Pro
Reaction score
If this is a CTF, where are the flags?
Also, the inside of the buildings are pretty bland, and flat.
And wouldn't it be pretty easy to spawn kill/ get kicked for spawn killing, since the spawns lead straight into an open area?
And the buildings aren't entirely symmetrical: the "passage" under the stairs in picture 4 isn't on the red side, and neither are the half blocks in picture 3, but that doesn't really make a difference.
But, I could tell you put hard work into this! Nice job!

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
I can tell you have put a lot of work into it. But, to me, it looks too bland. It lacks something special. It's just a few bumps with two (Not very aesthetically pleasing) buildings. Also, as mentioned, it is very similar to a couple of other maps. Screenshot 4 is just a big empty room, and well, you get my point. I do not think this is up to the standard of the maps in the server currently.

vwbay72

Reaction score
Thanks for your honest opinion. Goody and I will make changes that will greatly help its look. Maybe even add to it. It just takes tweaks to get a good enough map.

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
True KS, so true. I didn't think of that.
Well, thanks for the advice. We have a new theme for it and I have began designing the project in preperation for the map. It should have more...feeling to it. It will have more buildings and the big buildings are being removed, ie being replaced with something better.
Again, thanks.

vwbay72

Reaction score
May I help?
If you want to help that would be great! I can pm you when Goody and i are working on it.

I have completely changed the two main buildings. Looks eye appealing now and lively. I will post pics when i can. Only thing left is to decide where the spawns will be

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
Have been online, and did a little work.
What I suggest for now is finishing it.
I would like to see this editable in the tnt wars server, so I can touch it properly.
Like the map is not completely symmetrical, such a thing I want to fix.
But keep on going the good work ;3

Alkatraz

Reaction score

GOODYSMOODY

Reaction score
I regret to say, I have not seen vw, and he has not made any spawn changes. If I see him soon enough, I'll resubmit. Until then this map won't be ready. Sorry for any problems.